The ends justify the means, right?

70% of the American people didn't like this bill BEFORE it was a TAX.. think they'll love it now that it is a TAX?

I think they will actually take a look at it now, so they can see how it will actually affect them. Some will not like it, but many will actually like it quite a bit. What those percentages are, we will have to wait to see. At least we have taken a step in a positive direction. There is plenty of time to make changes if necessary.

People already DO like it. When asked separately about the provisions of the ACA, they like it, but when it's packaged as "Obamacare", they don't. Go figure...

70% of the American people didn't like this bill BEFORE it was a TAX.. think they'll love it now that it is a TAX?

I think they will actually take a look at it now, so they can see how it will actually affect them. Some will not like it, but many will actually like it quite a bit. What those percentages are, we will have to wait to see. At least we have taken a step in a positive direction. There is plenty of time to make changes if necessary.

People already DO like it. When asked separately about the provisions of the ACA, they like it, but when it's packaged as "Obamacare", they don't. Go figure...

So why didn't they just write a bill with those provisions, instead of the 2,000+ one?

So why didn't they just write a bill with those provisions, instead of the 2,000+ one?

Are you trying to be funny or do you not get what I said?

I'll break it down. Imagine you have someone that likes lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and ranch dressing but have been led to believe "salad" is bad so they don't like salad. Get it?

Even people who in theory care about the constitution can be suckered in by bells and whistles.

Because it takes a lot of words to sell snake oil.

Are you trying to be funny or do you not get what I said?

I'll break it down. Imagine you have someone that likes lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and ranch dressing but have been led to believe "salad" is bad so they don't like salad. Get it?

To use your analogy, why didn't they make a salad that specifically had lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and ranch dressing in it? Why'd they throw in the kitchen sink and try to pass that off as a salad?

Because it takes a lot of words to sell snake oil.

Indeed.

And this is what pisses me off about politicians [MOST of them]...

You ask a question of them...and it's like thumbing through a magazine article...50 pages of advertisements to get to where you want to be.

Pathetic.

Brevity as truth is the soul of wit.

Doesn't matter how many lies Obama told to get to today's results. All that matters is that Obamacare was upheld.

And as a bonus, Obamacare will bring so many headaches with it that when the implementation is finally over politicians will have all the ammo they need to scrap it and move to nationalized healthcare.

Win-win, huh?

I've been gone all day but reading this ...means you rw's STILL have not educated yourselves about the hc bill.

This is an enormous win for the US people but unless you are willing to put aside your hate long enough to EDUCATE yourselves, you'll never know the ways in which it can help you or, even save you money, right now today.

Oh well, your loss.

BTW, what is the rw definition of

nationalized healthcare

??????

Doesn't matter how many lies Obama told to get to today's results. All that matters is that Obamacare was upheld.

And as a bonus, Obamacare will bring so many headaches with it that when the implementation is finally over politicians will have all the ammo they need to scrap it and move to nationalized healthcare.

Win-win, huh?

I've been gone all day but reading this ...means you rw's STILL have not educated yourselves about the hc bill.

This is an enormous win for the US people but unless you are willing to put aside your hate long enough to EDUCATE yourselves, you'll never know the ways in which it can help you or, even save you money, right now today.

Oh well, your loss.

nationalized healthcare

??????

^^^

ah, a vote for the ends justify the means

You people just lost your main issue in this campaign

You don't understand a single thing about politics, do you?

I would love to hear your 'logic' behind this. Please, indulge me.

Her logic is that everything that is wrong in America is the fault of the Republicans, they are evil and will destroy the USA and Dems smell like fresh baked cookies.

Have I got that right truthmangler?

(oh, will she pull her infamous "go get that quote!" nonsense? tick, tock)

OBAMATAX...

this should help him get re-elected..

enjoy paying them you all who voted for the liar in chief

gigantic regressive new “tax”

By the numbers: 26 million people, 70-75 percent of whom make less than $200,000 a year, are now on the hook for a fat new “tax” thanks to a guy who swore he’d avoid new taxes on the middle class. Be sure to tell an undecided centrist friend before November.

The majority hate it now
Being a gigantic regressive tax

I'm sure they will only love it better
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

but look at the posts here. The rw does not want to know how this can benefit them. Many didn't even know what is in effect now and has been for more than two years. Earlier, willow and other Chicken Little rw's said it would cause a rise in unemployment so apparently they do not know that the employer gets a fat tax break with each employee.

I don't know how to get ignorant Americans to educate themselves. Just like the goddamned anti-America, traitors of the R party, they want to hate President Obama and they are willing to harm their own families if they have to.

I also go to a mostly-left wing board and they all know all the benefits they've been getting since 2010 while rw's don't even know it has been in effect that long.

That's the difference between right and left.

Win-win, huh?

Oh well, your loss.

nationalized healthcare

??????

^^^

As usual - a stupid insult while ignoring the issue.

EDUCATE YOURSELF.

Oh well, your loss.

??????

^^^

As usual - a stupid insult while ignoring the issue.

EDUCATE YOURSELF.

The issue of this thread is the question of whether the ends justify the means. Your answer is a clear yes, that it doesn't matter how many lies were needed to make this happen, nor how much legislative and judicial acrobatics. The ends make you happy, so the means don't matter.

Speaking of ends

SCOTUS now violates Obama’s 2008 tax pledge to not raise taxes on middle-class and poor Americans.

The biggest tax ever imposed on American citizens, amounting to $1.7 trillion over the first decade, according to the CBO

Last edited:
Speaking of ends

SCOTUS now violates Obama’s 2008 tax pledge

The biggest tax ever imposed on American citizens, amounting to $1.7 trillion over the first decade, according to the CBO

Easily paid for by reversing the Bush Tax Cuts and cutting some spending in key areas.

But start with that Tax Cut. Oh, also, the country will be paying a lot less over time when people have access to health care. Less free loading, less burden on the almighty tax payer. So yeah. There's like math and facts and stuff. Those are cool. I like them.

Forum List

Back