The End of the Culture War

You wanna see a culture war?

I think Americans are likely to go to war when ciggies go up .62......and they won't be targeting the rich, they'll be targeting the assholes who decided to try to tax tobacco growers and smokers out of existence to pay for their ridiculous pork....

Quit smoking and live longer. Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh are big promoters of the culture wars.

Liar.

It's sort of scary, isn't it? The denial, the lies, and the inability to actually connect...

They're just big empty vacuums that spew out garbage, day and night.

Are there a lot of them, do you think?

They're like the pod people from Invasion of the Body Snatchers...
http://nat.truemesh.com/archives/podpeople.jpg

You call yourself a patriot? Try getting off your duff and doing something to help.

Culture wars do end. In the 1920s, immigration, Darwinism, and the Ku Klux Klan dominated political debate, but in the 1930s, they receded as Washington turned its attention to the Depression and the specter of war. It is no surprise that the end of the last culture war coincided with a shift from conservative to liberal dominance. If Obama can end this one, liberals may be in power for a very long time.

Hate to break it to you, but i dont even have time to get on my duff.

Culture wars only end when one side wins. No one has won completely yet. it will continue.

Diehard culture warrior fine. Knock yourself out.

Most Americans want to see us move the economy long. We want to restore our respect and power in the world and see solutions to real problems.

If you'd rather picket gay night clubs have fun with that.

Because money is all there is in the world.

You dont get respect by bending over and getting screwed by the person beating your face in.

The degradation of our culture is a real problem.

more to the point.

if i get what the Great OHB is saying it's simply He is not going to waste his time with these little wedge issues.

He's moving on.

that doesn't mean the god fearing gun toting, alien fearing, flag waving have to stop doing their thing.

it's just you've been marginalized.

Which, of course, demonstrates that he is a liar since one of the first issues he dealt with was one of those so called "wedge issues"

Wedge issues - issues on which Democrats lose.

Hmmm wedge issues like abortion is one the Rs win?

Why is it still legal then?

they don't come from the christian god that's for sure.

No they come from the One true and living God over the face of the earth. He just happens to be the Christian God. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. And the God of all people who worship in truth.

isn't the question were the founding father trying to build a CHRISTIAN nation?

and the answer is clearly no.

Seems rather irrelevant to the point that God is the source of our rights as our founding documents clearly state.

At the very least, a cease fire and truce to the culture wars for the four years of Obama's term would be most welcome.

Of course, youd rather people just ignore what they care about so you can push your point of view on them without any effort.

Cant imagine why no one wants to unite behind you here.

John Lennon wanted to end the culture war. Imagine. Imagine if there weren't any differences, imagine if no one argued, imagine if all got along in peace and harmony. I imagine it would look like Stepford.
:clap2:
lol, as idealist that hurts, but as a punk rocker I gotta agree.

And in that war, Obama — and Obama alone — offers the possibility of a truce.

But liberals don't view him as the messiah, right? lol

how bout not ALL liberals

You're right, I lumped everyone into one group. My bad. Rephrased: But some liberals don't view him as the messiah, right? lol

Much better. Clarify it a little more: But the insane liberals don't view him as the messiah, right?

Nonetheless, Obama is going in the right direction to avoid the culture war issues and focus on the bigger picture. The economy, for one thing.

Because liberals found a way to prevent people from actually voting on the issue. Its the only way they ever get their agenda passed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

what an insane thing to say.

Why did they not write a bill to make it illegal when they had all the power in their hands?

Nonetheless, Obama is going in the right direction to avoid the culture war issues and focus on the bigger picture. The economy, for one thing.

No ... it's the same direction as Bush Jr. just different wording. It's avoiding the discussion completely and ignoring the facts on one side. Without difference, without debate, without discussion, all we have is one side, and one side is rarely right. Truth is always in the cracks of the issues never on one side or the other.

Bush fanned the flames of the culture war, Obama is not going that direction.

Of course, youd rather people just ignore what they care about so you can push your point of view on them without any effort.

Isn't that what you do with your Christian beleifs??

Nope not at all. I invite people to come to Christ and enjoy the privilege of serving Him. You cant force faith on people.

But then I know what you guys think of free speech and all so I can understand why you dont appreciate inviting people to be good.

How about inviting people to come together and work on the economy? We all need each other to make it work.

Because liberals found a way to prevent people from actually voting on the issue. Its the only way they ever get their agenda passed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

what an insane thing to say.

Why did they not write a bill to make it illegal when they had all the power in their hands?

I understand that you have difficulty understanding simple concept so Ill try to make this as clear as possible.

The people and legislature do not have the ability to pass legislation on the matter. They do not get a vote on it. If they did vote on it, their votes would be meaningless because the legislation would be struck down.

The people can't vote on it.

Forum List

Back