The End of the Culture War

Bush fanned the flames of the culture war, Obama is not going that direction.

Which of course is why one of the first things he did concerned the culture war. Because he isnt going to fan the flames of it. Right.

I know that you may be facing some cognitive dissodance involved with one of Obama's first acts being culture war related. But i sincerely hope that one day you wake up and realize that Obama is not the god you seem to think he is.

What's in our best interests as a nation is a truce in the culture war and some focus on the things that matter to all of us--like the economy.

Great discusssion on NPR. The gist of it is that President Obama wants to take the country toward what unifies us, rather than the politics of individuality.

I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

interesting....what specifically was stated that unifies us.....

Issues like the economy, health care, the war in Iraq and international relations have the potential to unify us. They diverge from the war of individualism.

They transcend individual differences and encourage common ground.
How to fix the economy and healthcare divide us. The war in Iraq is almost over so what are you talking about? International relations divide us---just ask any conservative.

The culture war is on Obama's back burner where it should be. I'm proud of the President for focusing on more important matters. A four year truce on the culture wars would be sweet.

Last edited:
Great discusssion on NPR. The gist of it is that President Obama wants to take the country toward what unifies us, rather than the politics of individuality.

I'll see if I can find a link to the article. Here it is:

The End of the Culture Wars - The Daily Beast

NPR..lol

Never Portraying Rationality is a joke.

Sorry ... but NPR doesn't take sides as often as others it also glamorizes far less than other media outlets, so in spite of this momentary lapse in judgement (they do have those sometimes) dismissing what they say just because of the source in this case is another of the "it doesn't agree with me so it can't be true" things.

I have no problem with a culture war.

It's when that silly culture war is used as a device to obfuscate the much more important class war that I lose patience with the nitwits who still don't get it.

The culture war is on the back burner where it should. I'm proud of the President for focusing on more important matters.

Somebody forgot to tell Hannity, Rush, Bill O', Laura, Ann and others.

Oh, they'll continue. They're all die hard hate whores for entertainment. The best thing to do with them is turn the channel.

Last edited:
What's in our best interests as a nation is a truce in the culture war and some focus on the things that matter to all of us--like the economy.

Culture does effect us all.

The economy can fix itself if we leave it alone.

The culture war is on Obama's back burner where it should be. I'm proud of the President for focusing on more important matters. A four year truce on the culture wars would be sweet.

Once again, one of the first issues President Obama acted on was a culture war issue. You cant keep praising him for focusing on more important things when that's the first freaking thing he did.

Once again, one of the first issues President Obama acted on was a culture war issue. You cant keep praising him for focusing on more important things when that's the first freaking thing he did.
I will continue to praise President Barack Obama. IMO his performance as President has been flawless to date.

It is almost funny watching leftist idiots postualte on why they think Obama won when the fact of the matter is he won almost entirely because he wasn't Bush and McCain embrtaced the very paln Obama Now suddenly says we have to have to avoid a prolonged recession. Too mbad almost no one is buying that crap.

It is almost funny watching leftist idiots postualte on why they think Obama won when the fact of the matter is he won almost entirely because he wasn't Bush and McCain embrtaced the very paln Obama Now suddenly says we have to have to avoid a prolonged recession. Too mbad almost no one is buying that crap.

yeah, that explains how President Obama won the democratic primary alright.
:clap2:

please keep posting...
:lol:

I'll see if I can find a link to the article. Here it is:

The End of the Culture Wars - The Daily Beast

NPR..lol

Never Portraying Rationality is a joke.

Sorry ... but NPR doesn't take sides as often as others it also glamorizes far less than other media outlets, so in spite of this momentary lapse in judgement (they do have those sometimes) dismissing what they say just because of the source in this case is another of the "it doesn't agree with me so it can't be true" things.

NPR is the mouthpiece for liberal progressives. Everyone else knows it, you need to keep up:

"Last week, NPR’s own official ombudsman, Jeffrey Dvorkin, admitted a liberal bias in NPR’s talk programming. The daily program "Fresh Air with Terry Gross" – a 60-minute talk show about the arts, literature, and also politics – airs on 378 public-radio stations across the fruited plain. Gross recently became a hot topic on journalism Web sites for first having a friendly, giggly interview with "satirist" Al Franken, promoting his obnoxious screed against conservatives on September 3, and then on October 8, unloading an accusatory, hostile interview on Bill O’Reilly. She pressed the Fox host to respond to the obnoxious attacks of Franken and other critics. Dvorkin ruled: "Unfortunately, the [O'Reilly] interview only served to confirm the belief, held by some, in NPR's liberal media bias....by coming across as a pro-Franken partisan rather than a neutral and curious journalist, Gross did almost nothing that might have allowed the interview to develop."
Bozell's News Column -- 10/21/2003 -- NPR Admits a Liberal Bias -- Media Research Center

And things haven't changed since then.

Oh good grief is that your best shot doe? Of course he won the Democratic primaries for entirely different reasons than he won the general election, not the least of which is that the hard left doesn't really trust the Clintons much more than does the hard right. Politically the Clintons are the ultimate pragmatist and the Moveon.Orgs and DailyKos of the world are not exactly pragmatic, delusional perhaps but definitely not pragmatic. Even being black gave him a huge Advantage in the Democratic Primaries in the South where often African Americans represnt a hefty plurality of the Democratic vote when they aren't the Majority.

He still wouldn't have won if it hadn't been for the economy taking a dive. Black baptist women were appalled by Obama.

Forum List

Back