The End of the Christian Right

No, you moron, YOU made the definitive statement, that America would be completely secular by..whenever.

Which meant absolutely nothing.

Anyway. What were we talking about before this irrelevant crappola was interjected?

I'm so fucking exasperated that those who think of themselves as the "primo" debaters on this site don't have even the barest grasp of the most basic debate skills, or even reasoning skills, as far as that goes..

You project your inadequacies on those who are better informed, who speak more clearly and powerfully than you, who understand far better than you.

Priceless.

kiki, I understand what you are saying but the American narrative does not support your contention for a secular America.

Give it another 20 years, and they'll be as ineffectual in American politics as they are at controlling morality in the U.S.

Michael Kazin: The End Of The Christian Right | The New Republic

Key points...
the Christian Right is fighting a losing battle with the rest of the country—above all, when it comes to abortion and same-sex marriage, the issues they care most about. A strong majority of Americans backs abortion in the early months of a pregnancy.

Meanwhile, support for gay rights is rising, quite swiftly. Same-sex marriage tops fifty percent in some recent polls, and the remarkably placid response to New York’s recent legalization of the practice will make it easier for other states to follow suit. With over two-thirds of Americans now endorsing the end of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, the debate on that once controversial issue is now a matter for historians to analyze.

Put simply, the Christian Right is getting old. According to the largest and most recent study we have of American religion and politics, by Robert D. Putnam and David E. Campbell, almost twice as many people 18 to 29 confess to no faith at all as adhere to evangelical Protestantism. Young people who have attended college, a growing percentage of the population, are more secular still.

Last gasps of a dying subculture...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWcpIDDTt6M&feature=related]Thats All Folks! - YouTube[/ame]

I'm so fucking exasperated that those who think of themselves as the "primo" debaters on this site don't have even the barest grasp of the most basic debate skills, or even reasoning skills, as far as that goes..

You project your inadequacies on those who are better informed, who speak more clearly and powerfully than you, who understand far better than you.

Priceless.

psst...the same insults and lies over and over do not constitute "clear and powerful speaking".

When was the last time you posted a link, a quote, or anything else of substance? I guess you've given up all pretense of being anything other than a lying troll.

Priceless.

psst...the same insults and lies over and over do not constitute "clear and powerful speaking".

When was the last time you posted a link, a quote, or anything else of substance? I guess you've given up all pretense of being anything other than a lying troll.

You are a complete fail, koshergirl. You project on me your lack of substance and ability. Not my problem

Russia gave up the Orthodox church for a while. That was one of the first things restored when communisim lost total control. Under Mao China stamped out religion and tore down the Churches. Now Christianity is the fastest growing religion in the country. Chinese Christmas celebrations are more lavish and more public than our own.

Sure, America can become a completely secular society. As soon as the democrats start telling the truth about being communists it will happen. It just won't last for long. We will either be Christian or Islamic. European countries who imagined themselves secular are becoming more islamic. In France, secularism is the dying subculture. The harder the government cracks down on public expressions of islamic faith, the stronger that faith becomes and the more converts they get. France has suppressed only its native Christians leaving a void. A void that is being filled.

Priceless.

You are a complete fail, koshergirl. You project on me your lack of substance and ability. Not my problem

Still waiting for the evidence that supports your statements.

Calling me a fail is not evidence, loser.

Still waiting for the evidence that supports your statements. Calling me a fail is not evidence, loser.

You keep asking for what you have already been given in proof positive to your beliefs, and you continue to lie. Tis what tis. :lol:

You're high, aren't you? That statement makes zero sense.

Incidentally, I only claim superiority over you and a couple of other trolls who can't create cohesive arguments.

You're high, aren't you? That statement makes zero sense. Incidentally, I only claim superiority over you and a couple of other trolls who can't create cohesive arguments.

You project your inability to create cohesive counterarguments to incontrovertible proof overthrowing your weak premises. Tis what tis.

Russia gave up the Orthodox church for a while.

No, that's not true. None of the Communist administrations ever banned the Orthodox Church. They did put some restrictions on proselytizing but I think they always knew that the Church was too strongly embedded in Russian society to root out. In any case, you seem to be drawing the battle lines in an illusory location.

Sure, America can become a completely secular society.

Yes, that's confirmation; you're completely misunderstanding where the cultural progressives are coming from. America becoming a completely secular society, or banning religion in general, is not what's happening, any more than a shift from your morality to no morality, which you also seem to believe, erroneously.

No. It's a shift from one religious perspective to another, and from one morality to another. It isn't even a shift away from Christianity as far as the majority of the people are concerned.

The title of this thread is not "The End of Christianity." It's "The End of the Christian RIGHT." There is a difference.

Forum List

Back