The educational system requires an overhaul

View attachment 147941

The educational system needs to overhauled, downsized, and have it's funding reduced.

Some steps to accomplish this are:

1. The Department Of Education needs to be downsized and the DOE politurk's positions eliminated.
2. Regulations at all levels need to be reviewed and groomed.
3. Funding at the local, state, and federal, levels need to be reduced.
4. Outsourcing to private industry should be considered.
>>>>>NOTE: It doesn't take a brick and mortar building to educate children in.
5. Educational requirements for educators should be reduced.
>>>>>NOTE: It doesn't take a four year degree to teach children (grades 1-4) basic reading, writing and arithmetic a high school grad can do that. An associates should be good for grades 5-8 and a bachelor's for high school. All these educators should have set wages. If you have a degree higher than those then you should be seeking a different job because you're overeducated for the position you're holding or seeking.
6. If the child has reached high school and is not inclined towards academics then classes for educating them in a skilled profession should be available.

*****SMILE*****

:)

6.2 million unfilled jobs:

Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary

Majority of Republicans think college is bad for America:

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)

87% of lost manufacturing jobs automated:

Mexico stealing factory jobs? Blame automation instead

Putting ignorant and delusional Republicans in charge of our educational system is like putting obese diabetic children in charge of a candy store. The only thing that will come of it is terrible disaster.

Republicans are just reacting the libtard synagogues that many universities have become. Republicans don't object to professional jobs skills and "classical liberal arts" education, but to the cowardly leftist politics of many school officials.

"synagogues"? Ok, now we see what this is all about.........

It's a figure of speech, PC moron.

The educational system needs to overhauled, downsized, and have it's funding reduced.

1. The Department Of Education needs to be downsized and the DOE politurk's positions eliminated.
>>>>>NOTE: It doesn't take a four year degree to teach children (grades 1-4) basic reading, writing and arithmetic a high school grad can do that. An associates should be good for grades 5-8 and a bachelor's for high school. All these educators should have set wages. If you have a degree higher than those then you should be seeking a different job because you're overeducated for the position you're holding or seeking.
6. If the child has reached high school and is not inclined towards academics then classes for educating them in a skilled profession should be available.

*****SMILE*****

You are in luck. The education system has already been reformed. They are teaching to the test (where your money goes) as we speak. Charter schools are faux privatization. Many of them are tied up in real estate fraud (where your money goes). Some states have decided a teaching degree isn't necessary. AND it has bipartisan support.

And we have vo-tech schools which are for those students that don't want to go to a university. However, many of those want to make sure they can profit. You know, they get their "fair share" as well? So, they are often designed so that you have to go on for another one to two years to get what they you need.

How often are the text books changed? Every year? Every five years? Every ten years?

If it's every year...

Do you think the subject matter changes that much to justify the cost of getting new text books?

I doubt it.

Anything to do with science should be updated yearly because by the time the book is printed it's already outdated. Of the states I have lived in most of the text books are updated every 3 years. The state I live in now the kids don't even get text books because there isn't enough money for it unless you are in an AP course.

Textbooks? What are those?

I have 27 books for 115 students. They were published in 2009.

*****SMILE*****

You are in luck. The education system has already been reformed. They are teaching to the test (where your money goes) as we speak. Charter schools are faux privatization. Many of them are tied up in real estate fraud (where your money goes). Some states have decided a teaching degree isn't necessary. AND it has bipartisan support.

And we have vo-tech schools which are for those students that don't want to go to a university. However, many of those want to make sure they can profit. You know, they get their "fair share" as well? So, they are often designed so that you have to go on for another one to two years to get what they you need.

How often are the text books changed? Every year? Every five years? Every ten years?

If it's every year...

Do you think the subject matter changes that much to justify the cost of getting new text books?

I doubt it.

Anything to do with science should be updated yearly because by the time the book is printed it's already outdated. Of the states I have lived in most of the text books are updated every 3 years. The state I live in now the kids don't even get text books because there isn't enough money for it unless you are in an AP course.

Ok. Once upon a time there were these things.........oh to hell with it.

View attachment 147941

*****SMILE*****

6.2 million unfilled jobs:

Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary

Majority of Republicans think college is bad for America:

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)

87% of lost manufacturing jobs automated:

Mexico stealing factory jobs? Blame automation instead

Putting ignorant and delusional Republicans in charge of our educational system is like putting obese diabetic children in charge of a candy store. The only thing that will come of it is terrible disaster.

Republicans are just reacting the libtard synagogues that many universities have become. Republicans don't object to professional jobs skills and "classical liberal arts" education, but to the cowardly leftist politics of many school officials.

"synagogues"? Ok, now we see what this is all about.........

It's a figure of speech, PC moron.

Interesting figure of speech.....learn it at Stormfront?

Spam - reported

*****SMILE*****

If it's every year...

I doubt it.

Yes, but you also have 115 iPads with electronic versions of the book.

Why do we still have text books. PDF's should be the norm.

There's this thing called curriculum. HISTORY doesn't vary. Neither does Physics. For the most part. And textbooks are just benchmark for a complete and agreed upon curriculum. So supplement all you want. It's easier to communicate the REQUIREMENTS for students and teachers when the material doesn't swing WILDLY and with the political whims. Quality suffers and the outcomes TANK when everyone is being fed dissonant information about basic topics and courses.

*****SMILE*****

If it's every year...

I doubt it.

Yes, but you also have 115 iPads with electronic versions of the book.

That's usually in the wealthy suburbs.

View attachment 147941

*****SMILE*****

Here's what I'm dealing with this year:

-For one of my preps (11th grade English) I was given 48 textbooks for the 82 students I teach (those extra students still have no textbooks after a month into the school year, with no timeline in site of when/if they'll receive them).

-The printer in my room hasn't worked for 2 years now

-My ELMO (overhead projector) has been broken for over a year now after a summer school teacher broken it (I'm able to project images from my computer on the screen, but not papers).

-I'm being paid a stipend of $1,000 for coaching a minimum of 90hours (assuming parents all pick up their kids on time). That's $11/hour....but that doesn't factor in driving to/from meets which I don't get paid for my gas. By the time it's all said and done I end up breaking even for my coaching. Luckily the parents and players I have are all awesome and make the experience worthy of my time, and is one of my favorite parts of my job.

-Despite me ordering new uniforms for my team at the end of last season, we still don't have them at the school (11 months later-literally).

-I have 32 desks in my classroom...two of my classes have more than 32 students enrolled. I will not be receiving the additional desks that I need for kids.

You're going to honestly tell me that there's too much funding going into the schools? Bullshit. The problem isn't the amount of money-it's how the money is spent.

I know what I signed up and you'll never see me whining about how much I make-the above is simply a list of facts...that aren't unique to me and nothing out of the ordinary.

First off, I worked for a school district for 6 years, your claims are dubious at best. (why don't you ride on the bus with the kids to meets? As and example), But there is a distinction between primary K-12 and higher education. Higher education is utterly out of control, charging students $200,000 for liberal arts educations that will not even secure them a job. Schools don't have to compete because the federal government is picking up the tab. Colleges and universities don't have to EARN the money they take in, they are just massive welfare queens with administrators pulling down 7 figure salaries and calling themselves "non-profit."

I teach a sophomore level economics course as a working professional, because the institution I work for ONLY hires working professionals in the field to facilitate courses - one of the most legitimate institutions of higher learning in the nation. I've got to tell you, I routinely get students who cannot compose a coherent sentence. None of them have any idea what the business cycle is, what fiat currency is, how the federal reserve and fractional banking works. The K-12 education never even touches on how our economy works. I have a Ph.D. in supply chain management and work as a lean/continuous improvement manager in my day job, hence I offer real world knowledge from actual business transactions. Most universities have deadbeat Marxists who have never even held a job outside of academia, yet are somehow going to impart knowledge of economics?

Want to fix this mess?
  • End non-profit status for colleges and universities, it is utter bullshit. Non-profit :lol: Penn State brings in billions in profits from their football program alone.
  • End federal aid to colleges and universities
  • End guaranteed student loans, schools will have to learn to provide an education that students can actually afford, or cease to exist.

-I coach golf we are not given buses (since they're a total of 11 kids on the team). I have to drive to meets/practice (since practice is off-campus).

-As somebody who earned their MBA and worked in the corporate world before becoming a teacher I actually agree with much of your post.

However you claimed most of my post is bull shit? I'll gladly PM you proof or PM me your e-mail. I backup what I state.

-For one of my preps (11th grade English) I was given 48 textbooks for the 82 students I teach (those extra students still have no textbooks after a month into the school year, with no timeline in site of when/if they'll receive them).

If it's every year...

I doubt it.

I teach English so it shouldn't change...however the district does change editions every few years, and he books the kids get are disposable (it's all about the $ with the publishing company).

You're getting paid salary. Take the time to troubleshoot it, order the parts, and fix it.

By no means am I an expert, but I've put in orders for parts (that never arrive), I'm not allowed to fix it myself since it's county owned equipment, and honestly if I could I would do so myself. All I can do is keep putting in orders that get ignored.

-My ELMO (overhead projector) has been broken for over a year now after a summer school teacher broken it (I'm able to project images from my computer on the screen, but not papers).
You're getting paid salary. Take the time to troubleshoot it, order the parts, and fix it.

Read the above.

-I'm being paid a stipend of $1,000 for coaching a minimum of 90hours (assuming parents all pick up their kids on time). That's $11/hour....but that doesn't factor in driving to/from meets which I don't get paid for my gas. By the time it's all said and done I end up breaking even for my coaching. Luckily the parents and players I have are all awesome and make the experience worthy of my time, and is one of my favorite parts of my job.

So you're complaining about being paid $11 an hour to babysit younglings. This above and beyond the salary you make. They don't pay for overtime in the military it's a 24/7 job. Most people don't get paid for their gas or time to and from.

I'm not complaining about how much I make for the job...the purpose of my post is to combat the ever growing notion that teachers make tons of money from tax payers while doing shitty jobs.

-Despite me ordering new uniforms for my team at the end of last season, we still don't have them at the school (11 months later-literally).

Are they already paid for? Sounds like a cancel and reorder from a different company to me.

Again this is handled by the school. Teachers have MUCH less autonomy than you're giving us credit for. Do you really think I haven't brought that up or attempted to do so yet? I have parents calling the principal because that's the only way it MIGHT get done.

-I have 32 desks in my classroom...two of my classes have more than 32 students enrolled. I will not be receiving the additional desks that I need for kids.
Lots of thrift stores sell used desks cheap.

None of which I can use for liability issues (if a kid gets hurt on them and sues the school I'm out of a job).

You're going to honestly tell me that there's too much funding going into the schools? Bullshit. The problem isn't the amount of money-it's how the money is spent.

I do believe that's the whole point of my OP.

I know what I signed up and you'll never see me whining about how much I make-the above is simply a list of facts...that aren't unique to me and nothing out of the ordinary.
Sounds to me like you have some rethinking to do about what it means to be paid salary. Even when I applied for a job with a private company (after I retired from thee service) it was a salary job. They told me outright that there was no such thing as overtime pay but they guaranteed that there would be overtime.
I fully understand, don't make the mistake in thinking you're the only person who has worked in the private sector before.

View attachment 148216

*****SMILE*****

th

So the only solution to improving education and even possibly reducing inefficiencies is to maintain the status quo... at least that appears to be the answer from our 'professional' educators.

*****SMILE*****

It's sure as heck not the impractical and I'll- considered nonsense spouted by some here.

When you overhaul a machine usually the best you get is the original performance.

We need a redesign! But that would be a serious potential threat to all of the people in the current system.
We're not going to get any better alternatives if the only ones allowed to suggest them have been dumbed-down themselves. And that logically includes those with the highest GPAs. Being a success in a failed system is nothing to be proud of.

th

So the only solution to improving education and even possibly reducing inefficiencies is to maintain the status quo... at least that appears to be the answer from our 'professional' educators.

*****SMILE*****

Spend education money on things that help to improve children's education and you'll see improvement. Nearly half of my students have no text book...yet the football team (which does play an important role at the school) has a brand new locker room. This isn't rock science.

View attachment 147941

*****SMILE*****

after a summer school teacher broken it

Where do you teach again?

th

*****SMILE*****

Spend education money on things that help to improve children's education and you'll see improvement. Nearly half of my students have no text book...yet the football team (which does play an important role at the school) has a brand new locker room. This isn't rock science.

If the football team didn't get the locker room, it doesn't mean your kids would have gotten textbooks.

th

Impractical is spending an ever increasing amount of finances at a system that has steadily decreasing performance and expecting it to attain higher achievement.

*****SMILE*****

Where is your evidence of decreasing performance? Without that, your argument is just hot air. Where did you get any idea that the finances are increasing?

You know nothing except what you hear, Anecdotes are not data.

We're not going to get any better alternatives if the only ones allowed to suggest them have been dumbed-down themselves. And that logically includes those with the highest GPAs. Being a success in a failed system is nothing to be proud of.

That is funny. I used to beat the valedictorian at chess. I got straight Ds in religion. Getting straight As in everything requires some smarts but it also means doing every idiotic thing you are told.

th

*****SMILE*****

If the football team didn't get the locker room, it doesn't mean your kids would have gotten textbooks.

While this is very true, I do think it shows where the priorities of the district is (not in the classroom).

Forum List

Back