The Economic Recovery Hasn't Reached Minority Families

Damn those police unions...

... teacher unions ... city worker unions ... health care worker unions ... public transportation unions ... union unions ...

If you can't have unions, how do you expect to join tubes together?

If you can't have unions, how do you expect public employees to retire at 50, with full pay and benefits for life - while you work until 75 to pay for them?
No public employee retires at 50 with full pay and benefits

But thanks for entertaining us

Even so, it's not sustainable. We can't afford the benefits as they are.

All the states combined, have unfunded liabilities of $1 Trillion. This is the universal problem with all socialized systems. It works really good and really great, until you run out of other people's money to spend, and then it doesn't work so good anymore.

The key with the public employees, is that it's not their money, that they put in, that they are collecting from.

With my IRA, I have thousands of dollars, and when I grow old and start pulling from it, I'm pulling my own money from my own investment. No one is harmed by that.

With the public employees, they get a defined benefit, which is paid for by tax payers. Well... maybe you missed it sparky, but we now have more debt than the combined wealth creation of the entire country in a whole year, and it's getting worse every day.

Obviously we already know that the states don't have a plan to cover these short falls. Pensions will end up being covered by the Federal Government, and they are broke.

So where do you think the money to pay these future bills is going to come from?

The lesson from Greece is, at some point, there is going to be a melt down, and that's going to cut those benefits.

Damn those police unions...

... teacher unions ... city worker unions ... health care worker unions ... public transportation unions ... union unions ...

If you can't have unions, how do you expect public employees to retire at 50, with full pay and benefits for life - while you work until 75 to pay for them?

All the states combined, have unfunded liabilities of $1 Trillion. This is the universal problem with all socialized systems. It works really good and really great, until you run out of other people's money to spend, and then it doesn't work so good anymore.

The key with the public employees, is that it's not their money, that they put in, that they are collecting from.

With my IRA, I have thousands of dollars, and when I grow old and start pulling from it, I'm pulling my own money from my own investment. No one is harmed by that.

With the public employees, they get a defined benefit, which is paid for by tax payers. Well... maybe you missed it sparky, but we now have more debt than the combined wealth creation of the entire country in a whole year, and it's getting worse every day.

Obviously we already know that the states don't have a plan to cover these short falls. Pensions will end up being covered by the Federal Government, and they are broke.

So where do you think the money to pay these future bills is going to come from?

The lesson from Greece is, at some point, there is going to be a melt down, and that's going to cut those benefits.

yes they hopefully will get what they deserve at retirement- pennies on the dollar!

yes they hopefully will get what they deserve at retirement- pennies on the dollar!

No, I disagree with that. It's not their fault. It's our fault.

We allowed government to create this situation. It's our fault.

We should prevent this from happening. I don't blame people from taking advantage of the system we allowed.

If *YOU* offered to pay for my mortgage, I would take it. If you continued to do that until you went broke, that's your fault.

We allowed government to hand out massive benefits. It's our fault. Stop voting democrap, and push to end these massive benefits.

this downturn wasn't cyclic, it was systemic and only surpassed by a depression. Add to that, both parties have been selling-out the middle-class jobs for some time.

When I got my first job, my income was in the 5th (the lowest) income quintile. I worked part time. I was a male and women outnumbered men, so I was technically a minority.
My 2nd, 3rd and 4th jobs also paid in the 5th quintile. I was still a male minority in a nation with more females than males.
My 5th and 6th jobs moved me into the 4th quintile. Partly because I was working full time and no longer in the service. I was still a male minority in a nation with more females than males.
While doing my 6th job full time, I attended college, got married, had kids and increased my income to the 3rd quintile all at the same time.
My 7th job also paid enough to keep me in the 3rd quintile as I progressed through a divorce. I was still a male minority in a nation with more females than males.
During my 8th job, I increased my income to be near the top of the 3rd quintile. I was still a male minority in a nation with more females than males.
I am now in my 9th job and solidly in the 4th income quintile. I am still a male minority in a nation with more females than males. I am also comfortably happy with my income so I no longer seek promotions or advancement in the workplace. Because of that, I won't move into the 1st quintile, but that is by choice on my part.
When I retire, my income will dramatically drop, possibly putting me into the 2nd quintile again, but it won't matter because I've saved and invested no matter what quintile my income was.
No excuses.
For anybody of sound mind and body.

Unlike private retirement systems, the California Public Employee Retirement System (CALPERS) is based on years of service, not age. Partial retirement can be had after twenty (20) years of service. Full retirement after thirty (30) years of service.

Welcome to CalPERS On-Line

A public employee starting with the state at 20 year of age will indeed retire at 50.

Look RW, no one around here expects you to tell the truth, and you never do. But the subjects do know that the public masters (they sure the fuck aren't servants) have gold plated benefits that no one under CEO gets in the private sector.

The federal system isn't as outrageous as the California system, but works the same way. A 'worker" starting with the federal government at 20 WILL be able to retire with full benefits at age 50.

FERS Information

the central economic policy of the United States should be job creation..

it is the Republican policy just not the Democrats policy!! For example:

1) close borders and ship 20 million illegals home would create 20 million jobs tomorrow

2) eliminate corporate tax and bring back 20 million more jobs

3) eliminate unions and bring back 20 million more jobs

See that?? 60 million new jobs tomorrow that Democrats are blocking while hypocritically collecting votes from those they are screwing!

Republican economics 101

Slash corporate taxes to zero and watch that prosperity trickle down

if all the corporations that were driven out by the highest tax rate in the world came back there would be 20 million new jobs and huge upward pressure on wages. Trickle down would be flood down.

Seems simple but liberals lack the IQ to understand it.

(1) "Minority families" is a stupid and grotesque misrepresentation of reality. Jewish families are "minority," and yet they seldom show up in poverty stats. Same for Japanese, Indian, Korean, and even, say, Jamaican - whose population happens to look like so-called, "African-Americans." If you mean, "African-American" families then have the balls to say it.

(2) "Family" is a loaded and imprecise term. If you look at "white" "families" you are generally talking about households led by two working adults. Even when one of them is unemployed, they generally make out all right. If you look at "African-American" "families," you are more often than not talking about a single parent with school or pre-school-age kids. OF COURSE they are going to be economically "challenged." the same could be said of "white" families headed by a single parent. It's just that proportionately, there are fewer such "white" families in the statistical stew.

(3) It is a frequently proven fact that INTACT "African American" families - that is, headed by two married adults - are just about as likely as "white" families to be living above the fictitious "poverty line."

(4) Nobody forces anybody to have children out of wedlock. Even if one "finds oneself pregnant," the means of ending that pregnancy are not over-burdensome.

(5) Much poverty is self-inflicted. Self-inflicted poverty is endemic in the "African-American" community.

(6) No government program can eliminate self-inflicted poverty, horrific life choices, or general laziness and stupidity.

(7) Whoever said above that no government employee retires at 50 is ignorant of the facts. Not all, but many do. Ever heard of the U.S. Army? Police. Firefighters? Air Traffic Controllers? Teachers (30 and out)? Jesus.

(4) Nobody forces anybody to have children out of wedlock.

liberals do. A female is going to reproduce no matter what so when liberal programs destroy the idea of love and family she is going to do it out of wedlock!

Unlike private retirement systems, the California Public Employee Retirement System (CALPERS) is based on years of service, not age. Partial retirement can be had after twenty (20) years of service. Full retirement after thirty (30) years of service.

A public employee starting with the state at 20 year of age will indeed retire at 50.

Look RW, no one around here expects you to tell the truth, and you never do. But the subjects do know that the public masters (they sure the fuck aren't servants) have gold plated benefits that no one under CEO gets in the private sector.

The federal system isn't as outrageous as the California system, but works the same way. A 'worker" starting with the federal government at 20 WILL be able to retire with full benefits at age 50.

FERS Information
Why do you force me to read links that in no way prove your "retire at 50 with full pay"?

Did you think I wouldn't check them.

Republican economics 101

if all the corporations that were driven out by the highest tax rate in the world came back there would be 20 million new jobs and huge upward pressure on wages. Trickle down would be flood down.

Damn..... You really do think a sucker is born every minute

FERS Information
Why do you force me to read links that in no way prove your "retire at 50 with full pay"?

Republican economics 101

can you explain what you mean??

Can I take a stab at it?

If corporate taxes were zero (and policies were in place preventing them from hoarding cash), the money NOT paid in taxes would go to:

(a) pay TAXABLE dividends to shareholders

(b) increase TAXABLE pay and bonuses to employees

(c) lower prices to consumers

(d) re-invest in the company, creating jobs in R&D, construction, consulting, legal, and so on.

A corporation is a FICTITIOUS person, created by a state to provide asset protection for the owners. Treating it like it is a real person - and an "evil" one at that - is a silly fiction, designed to manipulate the passions of the ignorant masses. It is nothing more than the personification of the interests of the various stakeholders.

As George Will has often pointed out, a corporation is not a tax PAYER, it is a tax COLLECTOR. It merely collects taxes from its customers and sends the money to the Gub'mint.

A corporation's primary reason for existence is channeling profit back to the owners, or, alternatively, increasing its own value for the benefit of the owners.

It is obliged to make its customers "happy" by providing them with something of value at a price deemed reasonable in the marketplace.

It is not obliged to make its employees "happy" - just happy enough to do their jobs properly. If it regularly pays more than the market price for workers, it is doing the investors a disservice, and the managers should be replaced. Thus it is INCUMBENT ON THE WORKERS to make themselves more valuable if they want to make more money. It is not the job of government to dictate minimum wages, thus raising the compensation of workers above the economic value of the work done. When that happens, the employer will do everything practicable to minimize the number of employees at that level, including, automation, service reductions, outsourcing, and upgrading (hiring fewer, higher-competence employees to do that work).

FERS Information

Republican economics 101

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

FERS Information

Republican economics 101

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

if all the corporations that were driven out of the USA by the highest most liberal tax rate in the world came back there would be 20 million new jobs and huge upward pressure on wages. Trickle down would be flood down.

It is not obliged to make its employees "happy" - just happy enough to do their jobs properly.

ah but its primary job is to make its customers and employees happier than the competition or lose both to the competition. Under capitalism there is equal pressure to make jobs and product always better just to survive. That is why jobs and products always get better and better, at least in the absense of liberal interference..

Can I take a stab at it?

If corporate taxes were zero (and policies were in place preventing them from hoarding cash), the money NOT paid in taxes would go to:

(a) pay TAXABLE dividends to shareholders

(b) increase TAXABLE pay and bonuses to employees

(c) lower prices to consumers

(d) re-invest in the company, creating jobs in R&D, construction, consulting, legal, and so on.

A corporation is a FICTITIOUS person, created by a state to provide asset protection for the owners. Treating it like it is a real person - and an "evil" one at that - is a silly fiction, designed to manipulate the passions of the ignorant masses. It is nothing more than the personification of the interests of the various stakeholders.

As George Will has often pointed out, a corporation is not a tax PAYER, it is a tax COLLECTOR. It merely collects taxes from its customers and sends the money to the Gub'mint.

The only problem I have with what you said, which is all largely true, and good......... is this part:

"and policies were in place preventing them from hoarding cash"

Hoarding cash. Companies do not 'hoard' cash. Companies do the same thing that we do with cash.

We save. We spend. And we invest.

I've done some detailed research, and discovered 100% of companies that go into bankruptcy, do so because they borrowed too much, and saved too little. Apparently they were trying to avoid accusations of "hoarding cash" and succeed too well.

Apple Computer is the poster child for this. They saved and saved and saved, and during the late 90s, when Apple was crashing in the market, they never had to file bankruptcy, because they had 'crash'. In fact in the mid-2000, some stock holders tried to sue Apple, to give up some of it's cash, and distribute it in dividends. The rest of the share holders completely rejected it.

No, I don't have a problem with companies 'hoarding', read saving cash. Maybe the companies sees future troubles, and needs some cushions for it? Maybe the company has big expansion plans, and wants to save for it? Let's allow the company to function as they see fit, and maybe we'll have fewer bankruptcies.

Forum List

Back