The Economic Recovery Hasn't Reached Minority Families

As a matter of public policy, it is advantageous to limit the amount of cash a corporation can hold indefinitely. An elimination of the corporate income tax would have to contain such a proviso. But I admit that setting guidelines for these limits is far above my understanding of corporate finance.

No public employee retires at 50 with full pay and benefits

But thanks for entertaining us

Unlike private retirement systems, the California Public Employee Retirement System (CALPERS) is based on years of service, not age. Partial retirement can be had after twenty (20) years of service. Full retirement after thirty (30) years of service.

Welcome to CalPERS On-Line

A public employee starting with the state at 20 year of age will indeed retire at 50.

Look RW, no one around here expects you to tell the truth, and you never do. But the subjects do know that the public masters (they sure the fuck aren't servants) have gold plated benefits that no one under CEO gets in the private sector.

The federal system isn't as outrageous as the California system, but works the same way. A 'worker" starting with the federal government at 20 WILL be able to retire with full benefits at age 50.

FERS Information
Why do you force me to read links that in no way prove your "retire at 50 with full pay"?

Did you think I wouldn't check them.
Republican economics 101

Slash corporate taxes to zero and watch that prosperity trickle down

if all the corporations that were driven out by the highest tax rate in the world came back there would be 20 million new jobs and huge upward pressure on wages. Trickle down would be flood down.

Seems simple but liberals lack the IQ to understand it.
Damn..... You really do think a sucker is born every minute

can you explain what you mean??

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

if all the corporations that were driven out of the USA by the highest most liberal tax rate in the world came back there would be 20 million new jobs and huge upward pressure on wages. Trickle down would be flood down.

Total bullshit

Sob.....If only we were nicer to our capitalists, they would trickle down more to the rest of us.....sniffle, sniffle

Unlike private retirement systems, the California Public Employee Retirement System (CALPERS) is based on years of service, not age. Partial retirement can be had after twenty (20) years of service. Full retirement after thirty (30) years of service.

A public employee starting with the state at 20 year of age will indeed retire at 50.

Look RW, no one around here expects you to tell the truth, and you never do. But the subjects do know that the public masters (they sure the fuck aren't servants) have gold plated benefits that no one under CEO gets in the private sector.

The federal system isn't as outrageous as the California system, but works the same way. A 'worker" starting with the federal government at 20 WILL be able to retire with full benefits at age 50.

FERS Information
Why do you force me to read links that in no way prove your "retire at 50 with full pay"?

Don't play stupid - both links confirm that retirement based on years of service. Lying won't change that.

{CalPERS offers a "defined benefit" plan which provides benefits that are calculated using a "defined formula," rather than contributions and earnings to a savings plan. Retirement benefits are calculated using a member's years of service credit,}

FERS Information

Don't play stupid - both links confirm that retirement based on years of service. Lying won't change that.

How many times do you try to pass the same lies? Of course it is based on years of service

Show us the "Full Pay" part.....America wants to know

How many times do you try to pass the same lies? Of course it is based on years of service

Let's stop and savor this moment - you ADMIT you were lying through your fucking teeth about "no one retires at 50," then Comrade?

Chuckles at your inability to read a complete sentence...

No one retires at 50 with full pay

Go at it skippy

Let's stop and savor this moment - you ADMIT you were lying through your fucking teeth about "no one retires at 50," then Comrade?

Go at it skippy

We'll just let that one sit and fester, Comrade.

Even if you delete the post - this will remind everyone.

Go at it skippy

We'll just let that one sit and fester, Comrade.

Even if you delete the post - this will remind everyone.

Still waiting....go at it skippy

if all the corporations that were driven out of the USA by the highest most liberal tax rate in the world came back there would be 20 million new jobs and huge upward pressure on wages. Trickle down would be flood down.

Total bullshit

Sob.....If only we were nicer to our capitalists, they would trickle down more to the rest of us.....sniffle, sniffle

But it's not. And if you were even remotely honest, you'd admit that.

Name one private sector job, that would exist without corporation? Virtually none.

The difference is merely focus on your part. If you look only at the people who need jobs... darn corporations....

But spend your time looking at those who do have jobs.... every single one has a job only because of corporations.

You realize that two minimum wage McDonald's employees, are the top 1% of world wage earners? *WE*.... *THE PEOPLE OF THE US*..... *WE ARE THE 1%*

And the reason we have those jobs..... Corporations.

And as far as trickling down wealth.... um... have you looked around? You wealthy. I'm wealthy. Look at all this stuff I have?

I'm sitting at a desk made by Steelcase. Sitting on a chair made by Global Furniture. Looking at a LCD monitor made by Dell (Samsung). Listening to music through my Stereo made by AIWA. Just got a text about lunch tomorrow on my HTC phone, running Googles Android. I'm downloading some Podcasts to listen to at work, on my Ipod by Apple, coming through my Motorola cable modem, being connect through the WIFI of my Linksys router, . Which thankfully I have plenty of space on my 2 Terabyte hard drive by Western Digital. It's a bit cold here, but I have my ceramic heater from Honeywell, which keeps the room warm, by the light of my florescent GE light. I just got done sweeping the carpet with my Bissel sweeper, washing my clothes in my Speed Queen washer and drier, made by Alliance Laundry Systems, using Tide detergent, made by Procter & Gamble. I'm currently cooking up some Uncle Ben's Rice made by Mars Incorporated, served with chicken by Tyson Foods, cooked on my Frigidaire oven range, cooked in chili sauce by House of Tsang, made by Hormel Foods, served on my WNA Comet Incorporated plate, with tea brewed in my Mr Coffee brewer, made by Jarden Corporation.

After eating, I plan to drive in my Ford Grand Marquis, rolling on my Goodyear tires, burning Marathon gas, to get to a park. And while I walk around the wooded track, in my Reebok shoes by Adidas, Fruit of the Loom socks owned by Berkshire Hathaway, Wrangler Jeans run by the VF Corporation, and Puritan shirt by Walmart, listening to my Ipod through Sony headphones.....

And while I'm walking through the woods on the paved track, I will consider just who impoverished and devoid of wealthy I am.

Ridiculous. To most of the people around the world, I live an absolutely dream life. I know a guy who got a wife from Latin American, through an international dating cite. She thinks they live like Kings and Queens, and compared to where she came from, they do. She's thankful for everything she has.

Only in selfish, spoiled, brat attitude America, do we live so well, and complain bitterly about 'the evil Walmart blaw blaw blaw'. And that's really all it is. You go live in any country that has no major corporations, and in one year, you'll be BEGGING to come back and be 'abused by evil corporations in America'. How do I know? Because people are willing to risk DEATH to come here. Don't see many buying boats to float to Cuba do you? Or Haiti... Or any number of places. No corporations though. Must be Utopia in leftardian world.

FERS Information

if all the corporations that were driven out by the highest tax rate in the world came back there would be 20 million new jobs and huge upward pressure on wages. Trickle down would be flood down.

Damn..... You really do think a sucker is born every minute

can you explain what you mean??

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

Total bullshit

The liberal doesn't want trickle down capitalism he wants trickle down welfare!!

this is so true, we stupidly subject them to the highest corporate tax in the world and they move off shore taking 30 million jobs and trillions of dollars with them . We could be nice to them, eliminate the taxes, and let trickle down become flood down.

Its seems simple but liberals lack the IQ to understand it!!

Total bullshit

Name one private sector job, that would exist without corporation? Virtually none.

The difference is merely focus on your part. If you look only at the people who need jobs... darn corporations....

But spend your time looking at those who do have jobs.... every single one has a job only because of corporations.

You realize that two minimum wage McDonald's employees, are the top 1% of world wage earners? *WE*.... *THE PEOPLE OF THE US*..... *WE ARE THE 1%*

And as far as trickling down wealth.... um... have you looked around? You wealthy. I'm wealthy. Look at all this stuff I have?

I'm sitting at a desk made by Steelcase. Sitting on a chair made by Global Furniture. Looking at a LCD monitor made by Dell (Samsung). Listening to music through my Stereo made by AIWA. Just got a text about lunch tomorrow on my HTC phone, running Googles Android. I'm downloading some Podcasts to listen to at work, on my Ipod by Apple, coming through my Motorola cable modem, being connect through the WIFI of my Linksys router, . Which thankfully I have plenty of space on my 2 Terabyte hard drive by Western Digital. It's a bit cold here, but I have my ceramic heater from Honeywell, which keeps the room warm, by the light of my florescent GE light. I just got done sweeping the carpet with my Bissel sweeper, washing my clothes in my Speed Queen washer and drier, made by Alliance Laundry Systems, using Tide detergent, made by Procter & Gamble. I'm currently cooking up some Uncle Ben's Rice made by Mars Incorporated, served with chicken by Tyson Foods, cooked on my Frigidaire oven range, cooked in chili sauce by House of Tsang, made by Hormel Foods, served on my WNA Comet Incorporated plate, with tea brewed in my Mr Coffee brewer, made by Jarden Corporation.

After eating, I plan to drive in my Ford Grand Marquis, rolling on my Goodyear tires, burning Marathon gas, to get to a park. And while I walk around the wooded track, in my Reebok shoes by Adidas, Fruit of the Loom socks owned by Berkshire Hathaway, Wrangler Jeans run by the VF Corporation, and Puritan shirt by Walmart, listening to my Ipod through Sony headphones.....

And while I'm walking through the woods on the paved track, I will consider just who impoverished and devoid of wealthy I am.

Ridiculous. To most of the people around the world, I live an absolutely dream life. I know a guy who got a wife from Latin American, through an international dating cite. She thinks they live like Kings and Queens, and compared to where she came from, they do. She's thankful for everything she has.

Only in selfish, spoiled, brat attitude America, do we live so well, and complain bitterly about 'the evil Walmart blaw blaw blaw'. And that's really all it is. You go live in any country that has no major corporations, and in one year, you'll be BEGGING to come back and be 'abused by evil corporations in America'. How do I know? Because people are willing to risk DEATH to come here. Don't see many buying boats to float to Cuba do you? Or Haiti... Or any number of places. No corporations though. Must be Utopia in leftardian world.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the majority of businesses in the United States are not corporations, including some of the largest. If you ever stopped bloviating enough to find the SOI site, the numbers are readily available; but since facts are immaterial to you, I'm sure you would never bother to look. There's more wrong with your argument, but I see no need to point the errors out to someone with such an attachment to grandiose insult in the cause of misinformation. You, sir, are simply a blowhard fool.

Total bullshit

I hate to burst your bubble, but the majority of businesses in the United States are not corporations, including some of the largest. If you ever stopped bloviating enough to find the SOI site, the numbers are readily available; but since facts are immaterial to you, I'm sure you would never bother to look. There's more wrong with your argument, but I see no need to point the errors out to someone with such an attachment to grandiose insult in the cause of misinformation. You, sir, are simply a blowhard fool.

personal attack is not useful!! don't you understand that? Please present to us his most substantive and mistaken argument or admit that the personal attack is just to cover up that you can't actually confute a thing he said!

Total bullshit

There are tens of millions of jobs that don't belong to corporations

this is so true, we stupidly subject them to the highest corporate tax in the world and they move off shore taking 30 million jobs and trillions of dollars with them . We could be nice to them, eliminate the taxes, and let trickle down become flood down.

Its seems simple but liberals lack the IQ to understand it!!
That is another lie that ignores the rate they actually pay

As a matter of public policy, it is advantageous to limit the amount of cash a corporation can hold indefinitely. An elimination of the corporate income tax would have to contain such a proviso. But I admit that setting guidelines for these limits is far above my understanding of corporate finance.

Again, I don't understand why you think so. Why is it advantageous to encourage corporations to be less able to expand, less able to survive a downturn?

That simply doesn't make sense!

And even more ironic, it's exactly what so many were complaining about during the recent downturn! "Banks didn't hold enough reserve capital"........ they didn't HOARD CASH!?!??

So we were complaining bitterly how banks didn't have enough on hand cash to avoid crashing, and now you are saying we need a policy to limit the amount of cash corporations can hold indefinitely? WHY?!?! Isn't that completely inconsistent?

See here's the deal.

You seem..... to be looking at this from the "Scrooge McDuck" version of economics. Where if companies are allowed to keep their money, then they'll build a big holding bin in the back yard, filled with money and gold, and swim through it every Friday.
scrooge-mcduck-swimming-in-money-590x393.jpg

This is fiction. Not reality.

In the real world, there is only 3 things people, all people, and corporations are made up of people, do with money.

You can save it.... invest it.... and spend it.... Whether you are 2-years-old, with a quarter from your parents, or you are 90 years-old and retired, whether you are a hot dog stand, or an international company.... these are the only 3 things you can do.

Spend.
Save.
Invest.

That's it. And *ALL THREE* benefit the economy.

Spending is obvious. You buy something, and other people have business, which earns them money, and they do with their money, save, spend, invest.

Investing, is either expanding your own company, or it's investing in another company or business. In either case, the money is used to grow the economy.

Saving. Now saving is used for three purposes.

One, a rainy day fund. Now I hope it doesn't take an MIT degree to figure out that during an economic down turn, having the company with money to survive the downturn is good for the entire country.

Two, saving up to buy something bigger. Most people can figure out that saving up money for a car, is a more economically beneficial thing, than blowing all your money on beer and cigarettes. Same is true of corporations.

Three, saving up for a larger investment. The owner of my company, saved up money while working there as an employee, until the owner decided he wanted out. He gathered up a ton of money, and bought the place from the owner, who wanted to close it down.

Corporations do the same. They save up and buyout weak competition, or other large investments.

Now the key with savings, is that people think up until the corporation does something with their savings, that this money is just sitting in the Scrooge McDuck vault somewhere.

NOT TRUE.

What does a corporation do with saved money? Same thing we do. Put it into a bank.

What does the bank do with the money?..... Same thing we do. Save, spend, invest.

Banks make investments into assets, or commodities, or buy into businesses, or make loans to corporations, or loans to new startups.

Banks spend money on upgrading their buildings, opening new branches, offering new services.

Banks save money for a rainy day, such as the 2008 crash.

And where does a bank save money? At other banks, and the cycle repeats over and over throughout the economy.

There is *NEVER* a time where it's sitting in a pile on a floor of a vault somewhere, with cartoon characters swimming through it.

There is *NOTHING* that a company can do with money, that doesn't benefit the entire economy. So... just let them do with their money, what they see fit. Let the people who actually run the company, and who know best what they need money for, do what they need to do.

Honestly...... I don't like banks. I actually don't like banks. My utopian view, would be that all the corporations saved up MONEY, instead of borrowing. I think it would be wonderful if zero corporations had debt, and instead they all 'savings'.

That would kill off a good chunk of the financial sector, and I'm... ok with that. Imagine if during the 2009 down turn, almost no companies went out of business, because none of them had any debt?

I think that would be wonderful. But unfortunately, the banks have convinced the American public, that corporations who have money is horrible, and we have to punish responsible CEOs, and tax the hell out of money not spent. So all the corporation spend every penny they get, and borrow money from banks, and then stupid Americans complain about rich bankers. Idiots.

Last edited:

Total bullshit

I didn't say 'belong'. Doesn't matter if they 'belong' to corporations or not.

That auto mechanic, fixing cars in his garage? Where'd he get the parts? Where'd he get the tools? Where'd he get the power? Heat? Grease? Oil? Heck, where'd the customer get the product that needs fixing?

There are barely any jobs in this country that would still exist without corporations.

That Homestead farmer? Where'd he get the fertilizer? Where'd he get the plow? Where'd he get the seed? Where'd he get the water? Where'd he get the fuel? How'd his produce get to market? Where'd that cart the produce was transported in come from?

The job I'm working right now, would not exist except Delta Air, and a dozens other corporations, buy our products. And the materials we use to make our products, all come from major corporations. Without corporate suppliers, and corporate customers, we wouldn't have our jobs for sure.

Total bullshit

That auto mechanic, fixing cars in his garage? Where'd he get the parts? Where'd he get the tools? Where'd he get the power? Heat? Grease? Oil? Heck, where'd the customer get the product that needs fixing?

There are barely any jobs in this country that would still exist without corporations.

That Homestead farmer? Where'd he get the fertilizer? Where'd he get the plow? Where'd he get the seed? Where'd he get the water? Where'd he get the fuel? How'd his produce get to market? Where'd that cart the produce was transported in come from?

The job I'm working right now, would not exist except Delta Air, and a dozens other corporations, buy our products. And the materials we use to make our products, all come from major corporations. Without corporate suppliers, and corporate customers, we wouldn't have our jobs for sure.
Oh....wow
How profound

How many corporations would exist without workers?

Total bullshit

Oh....wow
How profound

How many corporations would exist without workers?

Workers? None. So what? Without corporations, most people would starve. Same difference.

The only way that the people of the earth could live, without corporations, is if they were all farmers. When you take people who don't know how to farm, and force them to farm, they die.

So no corporations, no jobs, people die. The Soviets tried that. They transplanted thousands of people to the Ukraine for the purposes of farming the land.... and... most died. Read your history dude. Your theory of economics was tried, and it killed people.

Forum List

Back