The Duellists

Deadstick

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2023
Lancashire England
This was a 1977 film and much underrated, everything about it was outstanding, the cinematography was just stunning the attention to detail was great.

They were never friends Tommy, they were two Cavalry officers in the army of Napoleon, the one played by Harvey Keitel enjoyed starting fights so he could challenge men to a duel, the other one played by Keith Carradine was targeted by Keitel, he tried to reason with him but Keitel wanted blood they had about four duels Keitel persued Carradine for years even in Napoleon's retreat from Moscow, if you like films it's well worth a watch.

Saw this several years ago, I remember it as being a pretty solid movie.
Like i say everything about the film was great,the cinematography the atmospheric sound track the attention to detail of the period etc, this trailer will give people an idea about the film, it would be a good idea these days if World leaders settled things this way and less people would be dead.

This was a 1977 film and much underrated, everything about it was outstanding, the cinematography was just stunning the attention to detail was great.

I thought it was made up of interesting set pieces, but over all the story was weak....

Why did they fall out ?

Because Harvey Keitel's character was a bully. Carradine, under orders from a superior officer, goes to collect Keitel.....Keitel tells Carradine he embarrassed him in front of his lady friend and the group he was with, and proceeds to challenge him to a duel.....the duel keeps getting interrupted for various reasons, and they keep meeting over a number of years and each time Keitel insists on finishing the duel.....

The action is quite realistic, a good film, but not a great one.......

Yes, it was very good movie. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 93%

I wouldn't say it was very good.....it had good moments, but it was something of a disjointed movie.......the duels were really well done.....

I saw the duelist....didnt make any sense to me......not related but I finally understand Balzac.....best way for a man to totally wreck his life is give one hundred percent devotion to a woman.....that is so true been there done that

Forum List

Back