The Down Side to the Scott Brown Win

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
Don't get me wrong, I am as pleased as punch that Brown pulled out the win, but...

Imagine just how much more insufferable Hannity will be tomorrow...

I tuned him out many years ago because he was an annoying partisan hack. I don't imagine that has changed. I don't imagine this will help...

watching his show now side by side to maddow .....the spin and counter spin is insane.....

watching willie brown....i love that dude...

Don't get me wrong, I am as pleased as punch that Brown pulled out the win, but...

I tuned him out many years ago because he was an annoying partisan hack. I don't imagine that has changed. I don't imagine this will help...

On the upside, the clown can no longer moan and whine about the Democratic Supermajority. Now he'll be forced to admit the Republicans are being an obstacle, though he'll gladly do so I'm sure with partisan glee.

On the upside, the clown can no longer moan and whine about the Democratic Supermajority. Now he'll be forced to admit the Republicans are being an obstacle, though he'll gladly do so I'm sure with partisan glee.

lol....it is the job of the minority party to force debate.....the dems had their shot for a year they ....wiffed....they got greedy....

It will be time for the Republicans to put up or shut up.

Actually, I think super majorities and even plain old majorities that give control of both houses and the executive branch to one party are a bad idea regardless of who's in power. One side gets arrogant and high handed and assume they have a mandate they don't necessarily have while the other side turns obstructionist and fails to take any responsibility.

I didn't hear 1/10th the whining form republicans about the supermajority, as the sniveling from democrats about republicans obstructing when they had no such power.

Hannity, sniveling, obstructionism, elitism, assumed mandates, political divides

All just crap that Independents hate. Fair warnin..don't partake.

how have the republicans been an obstacle over the past year. you guys had your chance to pass social medicine. and the dems buckled.

For the right I'd say the biggest downfall is that this election put a REAL scare into the dems early. The Senate seat gained now might have cost them seats in the future because had Coakley won the Dems might not have taken this November seriously enough. I don't think that is happening now. But then again it's the Dems who have famously fucked up many cups of coffee over the years so the right has that going for them too.

lol....it is the job of the minority party to force debate.....the dems had their shot for a year they ....wiffed....they got greedy....

:iagree:

For the right I'd say the biggest downfall is that this election put a REAL scare into the dems early. The Senate seat gained now might have cost them seats in the future because had Coakley won the Dems might not have taken this November seriously enough. I don't think that is happening now. But then again it's the Dems who have famously fucked up many cups of coffee over the years so the right has that going for them too.

Excellent point and definitely food for thought.

First we stop Obamacare, then we'll work on the rest. Obama has had one full year of rubber stamp legislature and he got nothing done, thank God!! IMHO, this nation works best when the Legislative branch counterbalances the Executive branch.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back