The Down Side to the Scott Brown Win

Bullshit. Isn't it telling that with a lot less then 60 votes the Republicans supposedly controlled the Senate for Bush all those years ( only 4 but you turds keep claiming 8) and got all his agenda through.

The difference is that the Democrats want to get 60 votes for everything, Republicans just force everything through with one-vote victories.

And as Art just added, Democratic Party is not as lockstep with one another as the GOP is.

Bullshit. Isn't it telling that with a lot less then 60 votes the Republicans supposedly controlled the Senate for Bush all those years ( only 4 but you turds keep claiming 8) and got all his agenda through.

The difference is that the Democrats want to get 60 votes for everything, Republicans just force everything through with one-vote victories.

And as Art just added, Democratic Party is not as lockstep with one another as the GOP is.

Ya cause Snowe and the other Liberal Republicans never vote with the democrats. Sure thing.

Ya cause Snowe and the other Liberal Republicans never vote with the democrats. Sure thing.

On the rare occasion they do. And then they get a bunch of shit from right wing nuts and the radio personalities they worship.

Liberal Republicans? Such things do not exist. Do you mean the moderates?

Because you know, people who don't vote with the GOP 100% of the time is an obvious Liberal. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I am as pleased as punch that Brown pulled out the win, but...

Imagine just how much more insufferable Hannity will be tomorrow...

I tuned him out many years ago because he was an annoying partisan hack. I don't imagine that has changed. I don't imagine this will help...

On the upside, the clown can no longer moan and whine about the Democratic Supermajority. Now he'll be forced to admit the Republicans are being an obstacle, though he'll gladly do so I'm sure with partisan glee.
I didn't hear 1/10th the whining form republicans about the supermajority, as the sniveling from democrats about republicans obstructing when they had no such power.

I remember lots of whining from the Republican's when the Dems threatened to fillibuster judicial nominations. That was when the "nuclear option" came into being. Super-majority only counts for something if you have strong party discipline which the Democrats have never had. A number of key votes were conservative Democrats who had won in districts that were normally Republican and they had won because they were conservative and/or because of the backlash against the GoP excess'. Likewise the conservative democrats under the previous administration and the Republican dominated congress could be counted to back a number of key Republican agenda items (or at least not block them) and the liberal Republicans could be counted on to follow party discipline - thus giving the Republicans a de-facto super-majority.

The Down Side to the Scott Brown Win

For the right I'd say the biggest downfall is that this election put a REAL scare into the dems early. The Senate seat gained now might have cost them seats in the future because had Coakley won the Dems might not have taken this November seriously enough. I don't think that is happening now. But then again it's the Dems who have famously fucked up many cups of coffee over the years so the right has that going for them too.

First we stop Obamacare, then we'll work on the rest. Obama has had one full year of rubber stamp legislature and he got nothing done, thank God!! IMHO, this nation works best when the Legislative branch counterbalances the Executive branch.

I actually agree with you - it might mean it takes longer to achieve things or it might mean more compromise but in the end I think that is better for the country.

First we stop Obamacare, then we'll work on the rest. Obama has had one full year of rubber stamp legislature and he got nothing done, thank God!! IMHO, this nation works best when the Legislative branch counterbalances the Executive branch.

After the campaign that Scott Brown ran he had best be the first Republican to come forward in a bipartisan effort with genuine open arms looking to come up with a real healthcare reform bill. If he doesn't he is gonzo in two years.

That would be a really stupid thing for Brown to do. President Bozo and the Congressional Dems demonstrated what a stupid thing that is to do, and the majority of American people oppose both bills because they understand that no one understands the issues involved, the problems or the possible solutions well enough to present a bill that will reform it all. If the astonishing level of incompetence shown by Obama and the Congressional Dems in dealing with this issue has not killed health care reform for the present, if change is to come in the next few years, it will almost certainly be incremental change, viewing health care/insurance as a collection of discrete issues to be dealt with one at a time.

If Brown, as a freshman senator, has the clout to take the initiative on any issue, he would be smart to concentrate on the issues voters consider most important, not what Obama, Pelosi and Reid consider most important, and that would be economic recovery, which is what Obama would have done if he had been smart.

Exactly. Also, I think it's important to remember that Brown wasn't elected because he was conservative or for a conservative mandate - he was elected in a traditionally liberal district because people want to send a message that they want the focus to be on things they are most concerned about right now - the economy and jobs. Much the same reason the Dems were able to take what were considered solidly Republican seats in 2008. Too bad the parties just don't seem to get the message and keep on assuming sweeping mandates. Climate change, immigration reform - all that can wait.

For the right I'd say the biggest downfall is that this election put a REAL scare into the dems early. The Senate seat gained now might have cost them seats in the future because had Coakley won the Dems might not have taken this November seriously enough. I don't think that is happening now. But then again it's the Dems who have famously fucked up many cups of coffee over the years so the right has that going for them too.

After the campaign that Scott Brown ran he had best be the first Republican to come forward in a bipartisan effort with genuine open arms looking to come up with a real healthcare reform bill. If he doesn't he is gonzo in two years.

Man, you've got a real tin ear. Americans do not want their Healthcare fucked with! They want the economy fixed, the deficit brought under control, and a return to fiscal conservatism. The Obamite obsession with ramming Healthcare, Cap-n-tax, and more entitlement programs down our throats is exactly why Coakley lost.

Don't get me wrong, I am as pleased as punch that Brown pulled out the win, but...

I tuned him out many years ago because he was an annoying partisan hack. I don't imagine that has changed. I don't imagine this will help...

Come on you know you really love the guy. At least you got to hand it to Sean he is for real. He lives his Ideology every day and if his passion on the radio changes the views of one liberal then I applaud him. :clap2:

Man, you've got a real tin ear. Americans do not want their Healthcare fucked with! They want the economy fixed, the deficit brought under control, and a return to fiscal conservatism. The Obamite obsession with ramming Healthcare, Cap-n-tax, and more entitlement programs down our throats is exactly why Coakley lost.

American's want health care reformed (fucked with) - that's been shown in poll after poll.
What they don't like is the current mess of a bill currently in Congress that seems to accomplish litte of that.

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"
-Thomas Jefferson

I will resist all this new government, I will not play ball with Obama's plan. I will go under the table scale my business plan back and lay off all but the most valuable employee's. I guarantee I will purposely pay less to uncle Sam then I do now because I love my Nation.
And I don't want a illegitimate House of representatives and Senate to team up with a first year President and change it.

Come on you know you really love the guy. At least you got to hand it to Sean he is for real. He lives his Ideology every day and if his passion on the radio changes the views of one liberal then I applaud him. :clap2:

Meh he's just a waterboy for the GOP side of the more government at any expense crowd.

I will give him that, he is a true believer. Just not my cup of tea. I'm more of a Larry Elder guy.

Great day for the country and for radio. Got to listen to Rush,and Hannity,missed Mark Levin but 2 out of 3 ain't bad....

I will give him that, he is a true believer. Just not my cup of tea. I'm more of a Larry Elder guy.

whatever happened to him?.....John and Ken i know kicked his ass in the ratings.....but where did Larry go....i liked him too....

I think there was some sort contract dispute. Last I heard he was planning some sort of podcast.

Larry Elder Annoucement

I think he is still writing for JWR.

Last edited:

that does not bother me since the only partisan hacks I listen to or watch are pretty much on here.

Forum List

Back