The Democrats war on babies.

Maybe you heard of adoption ?

Social services will have their hands full of all these millions of babies thrown into the system.

I'm guessing that if abortion were made illegal, somehow there wouldn't be nearly as many unintended or unwanted pregnancies anymore. Espcially when you consider how damn easy it is to NOT get pregant if you don't want too. And abortion is also about the money, you want to talk about a 'business' being protected by the government? Virtually no regulations or oversights and how much money do you think the abortion industry brings in annually?

Let's start with your claim that making abortion illegal will curb unplanned pregnancies. Currently, roughly half of all pregnancies in the US are unplanned. The state with the highest rate? Mississippi. Huh, that's weird, since abortion is all but banned in Mississippi.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health...s-across-USA-unplanned-study-finds/47316772/1

Now, profit? Anything to back up that claim? Because the largest provider of abortion services in the US is planned parenthood...a non-profit organization. However there was some talk about PP "profiting", good thing politifact debunked that.

PolitiFact Florida | Abortion opponents claim Planned Parenthood had $300 million 'profit'

No regulations? Proof? Link? Canada has a
non regulated abortion services. There are virtually no laws at all on the books, it's entirely a medical issue and up to their doctors to decide.

My goal...safe, legal and rare.

As long as you have number one and number two, you will never ever have number three.

You can't have safe, legal, rare abortions? Really? To tackle this issue you have to ask why women have abortions? A little less than half of all abortions worldwide occur in countries where abortion is banned. Those countries also tend toward to be what we would call impoverished. Counties that provide free daycare, maternity leave and other things the help mothers, have much lower abortion rates than us. And even though we don't provide those, the US had been on a steady decline of abortions for 2 decades. So the safe legal and rare, was working, maybe not as fast as you desire, but it was/can work.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | U.S. abortion decline ended in 2008 with economic recession

Whining about murder and the war democrats wage on babies? No I am pointing out the truth. If you raised your children correct then the teen pregnancy rate goes down....No it is not a good thing to be a a slut male or female.

An got it, you've got complaints but not solutions.

Solution is dont teach your kids to be sluts.....Was that to hard for you to understand?????? If your actions lead to murder the actions are not right.

Half of the roughly 1.2 million U.S. women who have abortions each year are 25 or older. Only about 17 percent are teens. About 60 percent have given birth to least one child prior to getting an abortion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/2268993.../t/whos-getting-abortions-not-who-youd-think/

So tell me Progressives when are you going to stop the war on babies?????/ I mean hasn't enough Americans died so far?

Fitting that this question is posed by a Megadeth fan from Florida.

I suppose Mustaine is a visionary? :lol:

Contrary to your thin insight on the issue, most people are not "happy" with the idea of abortions, but rather understand that they have a purpose.

are you saying megadeth fans are stupid?

now Dems hate babies and you are judging someones intelligence based on what kind of music and groups they like? Now Dems require your opinion and who to listen to in order to be intelligent?

wow first war on babies and now war on music. Dems hate this country.

Social services will have their hands full of all these millions of babies thrown into the system.

I'm guessing that if abortion were made illegal, somehow there wouldn't be nearly as many unintended or unwanted pregnancies anymore. Espcially when you consider how damn easy it is to NOT get pregant if you don't want too. And abortion is also about the money, you want to talk about a 'business' being protected by the government? Virtually no regulations or oversights and how much money do you think the abortion industry brings in annually?

Let's start with your claim that making abortion illegal will curb unplanned pregnancies. Currently, roughly half of all pregnancies in the US are unplanned. The state with the highest rate? Mississippi. Huh, that's weird, since abortion is all but banned in Mississippi.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health...s-across-USA-unplanned-study-finds/47316772/1

Now, profit? Anything to back up that claim? Because the largest provider of abortion services in the US is planned parenthood...a non-profit organization. However there was some talk about PP "profiting", good thing politifact debunked that.

PolitiFact Florida | Abortion opponents claim Planned Parenthood had $300 million 'profit'

non regulated abortion services. There are virtually no laws at all on the books, it's entirely a medical issue and up to their doctors to decide.

Your article makes some really stupid assertions, and actually backs up what I'm saying. What the south having more unintended pregnancies has to do with the topic, I have no idea. Let's look at a few of the comments.

Brindis says difficulty in finding family-planning services and lack of access to birth control contribute to the high numbers of unintended pregnancies. There is "a very strong denial factor — (people think) 'this won't happen to me,'" she says.

Difficulty in finding family-planning services? There are over 820 Planned Parent Clinics in the US alone, and they're not the only provider of abortion either. The 'denial' factor would go away if abortions were illegal and you had to face actual consequences of an unintended pregnancy. More people would responsibly use birth control, which is easily and widely available.

"We know we have very high levels of unintended pregnancy in the U.S., much higher than in most places around the developed world," says Kelly Musick, a sociologist at Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y., who was not involved in the analysis.

In my opinion this is because we have created a culture in the U.S. where there are no consequences for certain irresponsible behaviors. When there are no consequences, then there are no deterrents to acting irresponsibly, so a good many people do. Put consequences back into place, and you will see the behavior change. It's a pretty simple concept.

"We do a better job of planning to buy tickets to see Lady Gaga than we do about being careful in planning for when we're going to have children, how many children and when in our lives we're going to have them," Brindis says

If that's the case, then that's just pathetic. Again, reinforces my comments about consequences deterring irresponsible behavior.

So, show me some numbers on what the abortion industry in the U.S. brings in every year?

Again, show me a link to regulations for abortion clinics.

My goal...safe, legal and rare.

As long as you have number one and number two, you will never ever have number three.

You can't have safe, legal, rare abortions? Really? To tackle this issue you have to ask why women have abortions? A little less than half of all abortions worldwide occur in countries where abortion is banned. Those countries also tend toward to be what we would call impoverished. Counties that provide free daycare, maternity leave and other things the help mothers, have much lower abortion rates than us. And even though we don't provide those, the US had been on a steady decline of abortions for 2 decades. So the safe legal and rare, was working, maybe not as fast as you desire, but it was/can work.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | U.S. abortion decline ended in 2008 with economic recession

Yeah, that's why there's almost 1.4 million per year in the U.S. It's probably even much greater than that since you can't even find reliable recent data on the subject.

Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics

Primary abortion statistics in the U.S. are available from two sources, privately from The Guttmacher Institute (AGI) and publicly from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In 2008 (the most recent year for which CDC data is available), California, Maryland, and New Hampshire did not provide abortion reports to the federal government. Since California has not complied with CDC requests for abortion data in many years, and since California accounts for more abortions than any other state in the U.S, CDC totals are routinely incomplete. AGI, on the other hand, is the research arm of Planned Parenthood, the world's largest abortion provider. While their data is helpful, they are a much less neutral source. The following information has been gleaned from both sources to provide an overview of the frequency and demography of abortion. Additional, secondary statistics have been taken from the National Abortion Federation's (NAF) 2009 teaching text on abortion, Management of Unintended and Abnormal Pregnancy: Comprehensive Abortion Care.

estimated 54,559,615 abortions since Roe v. Wade

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Shock: estimated 54,559,615 abortions since Roe v. Wade

Number of abortions per day: Approximately 115,000

Abortion Statistics

Unintended Pregnancy

Each year, almost half of all pregnancies among American women are unintended.1 About half of these unplanned pregnancies, 1.3 million each year, are ended by abortion.1,2

National Abortion Federation: Women Who Have Abortions

So tell me Progressives when are you going to stop the war on babies?????/ I mean hasn't enough Americans died so far?

How can it be a baby if it hasn't been born yet?

No way around it, American women are monsters, no wonder the GOP has declared war on them.

Your article makes some really stupid assertions, and actually backs up what I'm saying. What the south having more unintended pregnancies has to do with the topic, I have no idea. Let's look at a few of the comments.

Difficulty in finding family-planning services? There are over 820 Planned Parent Clinics in the US alone, and they're not the only provider of abortion either. The 'denial' factor would go away if abortions were illegal and you had to face actual consequences of an unintended pregnancy. More people would responsibly use birth control, which is easily and widely available.

"We know we have very high levels of unintended pregnancy in the U.S., much higher than in most places around the developed world," says Kelly Musick, a sociologist at Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y., who was not involved in the analysis.

In my opinion this is because we have created a culture in the U.S. where there are no consequences for certain irresponsible behaviors. When there are no consequences, then there are no deterrents to acting irresponsibly, so a good many people do. Put consequences back into place, and you will see the behavior change. It's a pretty simple concept.

"We do a better job of planning to buy tickets to see Lady Gaga than we do about being careful in planning for when we're going to have children, how many children and when in our lives we're going to have them," Brindis says

If that's the case, then that's just pathetic. Again, reinforces my comments about consequences deterring irresponsible behavior.

So, show me some numbers on what the abortion industry in the U.S. brings in every year?

You really need to do some research. There is 1 abortion clinic in the entire state of Mississippi, and it's the 1 PP. Hence my statement, mississippi has the closest thing to illegal abortion in the US, and they also have the highest rate of unplanned preganicies.

Ah I see, you assert a claim "there are no regulations for abortion clinics" I ask you to prove it, and you whine and tell me to prove you wrong :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yeah, that's why there's almost 1.4 million per year in the U.S. It's probably even much greater than that since you can't even find reliable recent data on the subject.

Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics

Primary abortion statistics in the U.S. are available from two sources, privately from The Guttmacher Institute (AGI) and publicly from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In 2008 (the most recent year for which CDC data is available), California, Maryland, and New Hampshire did not provide abortion reports to the federal government. Since California has not complied with CDC requests for abortion data in many years, and since California accounts for more abortions than any other state in the U.S, CDC totals are routinely incomplete. AGI, on the other hand, is the research arm of Planned Parenthood, the world's largest abortion provider. While their data is helpful, they are a much less neutral source. The following information has been gleaned from both sources to provide an overview of the frequency and demography of abortion. Additional, secondary statistics have been taken from the National Abortion Federation's (NAF) 2009 teaching text on abortion, Management of Unintended and Abnormal Pregnancy: Comprehensive Abortion Care.

This is almost a prefect non-response. You didn't really address anything in my post except to say "you can't use our stats theyre unreliable, and look at our stats, that's too much!"

You really need to do some research. There is 1 abortion clinic in the entire state of Mississippi, and it's the 1 PP. Hence my statement, mississippi has the closest thing to illegal abortion in the US, and they also have the highest rate of unplanned preganicies.

Ah I see, you assert a claim "there are no regulations for abortion clinics" I ask you to prove it, and you whine and tell me to prove you wrong :rolleyes:

What does Mississippi and it's number of abortion clinics have to do with the discussion at hand?

Can't find any, huh?

Forum List

Back