Paul Ryan exposed as weasel that doesn't have courage

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
The bill he and Akin co-sponsored would have limited federal funding for abortion coverage to only “forcible rape” — language that was removed from the bill after an uproar from women’s rights activists. Though he has since apologized for using the term “legitimate rape,” Akin’s wording was seemingly a nod to the notion of “forcible rape” being the only kind of rape worthy of protections.

“Rape is rape. Rape is rape, period. End of story,” Ryan said when asked about the idea of “forcible rape” — language that existed in the bill Ryan supported.

Pressed on what Ryan meant when he co-sponsored the bill, Ryan repeated himself: “Rape is rape, and there’s no splitting hairs over rape.”

Paul Ryan Stands By His Abortion Record | TPM2012

The bill he and Akin co-sponsored would have limited federal funding for abortion coverage to only “forcible rape” — language that was removed from the bill after an uproar from women’s rights activists. Though he has since apologized for using the term “legitimate rape,” Akin’s wording was seemingly a nod to the notion of “forcible rape” being the only kind of rape worthy of protections.

“Rape is rape. Rape is rape, period. End of story,” Ryan said when asked about the idea of “forcible rape” — language that existed in the bill Ryan supported.

Pressed on what Ryan meant when he co-sponsored the bill, Ryan repeated himself: “Rape is rape, and there’s no splitting hairs over rape.”

Could you throw that fit with some intensity.....I am not feeling it.........

link to text of that bill please?

You loons are going to rape this issue for all it's worth. I think these threads outnumber the Obama accomplishment threads by tenfold.

I posted it before....his amendment was to change from medicaid paying for abortions for the raped to excluding it paying for "forcible" rape without defining what forcible means.

Forcible rape can include consensual sex, that's why it's hard to quantify.

No tax dollars should be spent on abortion. Period!

I posted it before....his amendment was to change from medicaid paying for abortions for the raped to excluding it paying for "forcible" rape without defining what forcible means.
Tax money should NEVER pay for abortion.

Your fauxrage is duly noted.

What a fucking loon you are.

I can't help it if you are just stupid, so mired in democrat talking points that facts cannot penetrate,

A man gives his first time date a little pill. After a few minutes he says "Do you want to have sex?" The woman says yes, she's so drugged she'll say anything. Just to be sure and as a hedge against some future punishment, he turns on a recorder and a video tape. "Do you want to have sex with me?" Again she mumbles yes. He has concrete proof that the sex was consensual. She agreed on tape, it was filmed.

It was still forcible rape.

So how about this economy?

I think that there was some sort of loony doctor who convinced women that having sex with him would cure them of some illness he told them they had. They enthusiastically had sex with him. Absolutely consensual.

Forcible rape can include consensual sex.

Actually, you posted a MEDIATE story about the issue, not the text itself. After researching, I do see the word 'forcible' was removed early on. So, what is your issue, again? That they listened to the Democrats and actually did something they wanted? How DARE they take input from your side and actually listen to it, right? :rolleyes:

Actually, you posted a MEDIATE story about the issue, not the text itself. After researching, I do see the word 'forcible' was removed early on. So, what is your issue, again? That they listened to the Democrats and actually did something they wanted? How DARE they take input from your side and actually listen to it, right? :rolleyes:
Ryan pushed this....with a Republican controlled country, he will push it again and hold a vote if there is a tie.

Not to mention that the personhood idiocy is part of the Republican platform.

My issue is that Ryan is trying to distance himself from this issue because he doesn't have the cajones to stick to what he believes while he's in the public eye.

What a fucking loon you are.

I can't help it if you are just stupid, so mired in democrat talking points that facts cannot penetrate,

A man gives his first time date a little pill. After a few minutes he says "Do you want to have sex?" The woman says yes, she's so drugged she'll say anything. Just to be sure and as a hedge against some future punishment, he turns on a recorder and a video tape. "Do you want to have sex with me?" Again she mumbles yes. He has concrete proof that the sex was consensual. She agreed on tape, it was filmed.

Wow,,, I agree with you! and is very true.

i posted it before....his amendment was to change from medicaid paying for abortions for the raped to excluding it paying for "forcible" rape without defining what forcible means.

actually, you posted a mediate story about the issue, not the text itself. After researching, i do see the word 'forcible' was removed early on. So, what is your issue, again? That they listened to the democrats and actually did something they wanted? How dare they take input from your side and actually listen to it, right? :rolleyes:

ruh roh raggy!!!

Forum List

Back