The decline of Christian America

Seriously... you must be consumed with this? You do not believe in any god, you surely do not believe Jesus Christ is God, you surely would not believe the Catholic faith is the truest of them all for many reasons --- and yet, all you can get yourself to talk about is the teaching about the real presence in the communion host. As though if God were real, that would be such a tough trick for him.

You are mistaken. I do believe in God, I just don't believe in the lies that you speak in his name, that he is a coequal trinity in three persons that became a man who is present in something made by human hands which must be eaten for a person to receive eternal life.

God is pure spirit, pure consciousness and cannot be eaten by humans. You have been tricked by the devil.

>>If you really did love Jesus and believed in God, eternal damnation, etc., and gave a shit whether you were lying in their name and misleading others to their destruction you should just shut up already and go back to the drawing board.<<

Oh, and I am to accept you as the final judge as to who is lying? You have no answers to supernatural manifestations, and yet, you talk so bravely. :0

No the very Jesus whose teachings you desecrate as a matter of religious devotion is your judge.

And no, I maintain no illusions that you would accept anything that I say. You don't believe in the God of Abraham, the God of Jesus, and do not believe in the divine commands, the teachings of Moses and all of the prophets......

But I do have to thank you for helping to show the wisdom of God in giving the command to refrain from the flesh of anything that crawls on its belly and for demonstrating so perfectly the disturbing and terrifying death of intelligence consequent to disobedience.

Oh, so you are a Christian? :0 Then you and I probably have a lot of common ground and beliefs ---- even if they are not manifest in our exchanges.

Can you verify that? You accept the words of the Bible as the teachings from above? (some misleading interpretations along the peripherals when translated into other languages notwithstanding)

If this nation has become non-Christian, I blame Christians for that. Instead of following the example of Jesus Christ, they have turned aside to seek political power and control over other people. Their message is one of hate and intolerance, not love.

They are no different from the Pharisees.

I thought it had been switched to Judeo-Christian, which the Jews have actually been the ones behind no prays in school, and all the anti religious stuff, and well Hollywood is Jewish, so if the Christians wonder why Christianity is disappearing ask the mainly secular Jews.

I thought it had been switched to Judeo-Christian, which the Jews have actually been the ones behind no prays in school, and all the anti religious stuff, and well Hollywood is Jewish, so if the Christians wonder why Christianity is disappearing ask the mainly secular Jews.

How can someone be a secular Jew, pray tell?

If this nation has become non-Christian, I blame Christians for that. Instead of following the example of Jesus Christ, they have turned aside to seek political power and control over other people. Their message is one of hate and intolerance, not love.

I would say you are half right and half wrong.

Yes, I blame the Christians, too, me included.

No, it is not because they have preached a message of hate and intolerance ---- even if a very small percentage of them have. That is a very naïve or demagogic response, imo.

The "Christians" are to blame because those who claim to be Christian are a decided majority in this nation. And it appears to me the majority have engaged in an inordinate amount of self-love, materialism, carnal desires, laziness in following the tenets of the faith even if they attend services,

Here is the end result ( I fear, I do not know of course) --- Those who claim to be Christians and act like secular materialistic lustful humanists may receive the harshest sentences. But those who stand in judgment calling us all hypocrites and consequently decide there is no good in our faith, I cannot think of one good reason why you should feel comfortable about your own destiny as well.

Last edited:

Any practicing American Jew faithful to his own faith are not the ones who were wanting prayer and G-d taken out of the schools, out of government bodies, or the public square. It is a cross section of activists against the Judeo-Christian G-d who are behind all these asinine and harmful measures. Those activists are made up of atheists, agnostics, “nones” and non-practicing former Christians of all stripes. The ACLU is surely a big proponent of it as well.

Hollywood power-broker Jews are of Jewish descent but not of the Jewish faith. They do not go to the synagogue on Saturdays and give off signs of devout belief in the Word. They are secular, they may very well even be atheists.

You have some inordinate disdain for Israel and the Jewish people. You introduce it into almost every squabble.

an interesting reality which educated and scholarly americans know-----is that the founding fathers of the
USA were very much into the concept of JUDEO-CHRISTIAN America. Those who were the most educated were literate in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew---------a person not so literate was considered incompletely
educated The laws of the USA are based on a
syncresis of English common law (a kind of intuitive
code) plus jewish bibilical jurisprudence. The
major thrust of Nazism filth which infected the minds of
illiterates ----sometimes disparagingly called "white trash" based on their filth and licentiousness and vulgarity in the 1800s -----has been to disparage the jewish element of American culture-----or, in the case of Nazi whores like Penelope----decent culture, in general
in the 1800s

jews define what is "secular jew"------a "secular jew"----for a jew adherent to ritual is any jew less adherent than is he. Try not to obsess on the concept. There have been secular jews since moses ascended mount Sinai. In fact----there have been secular jews since before jews were called jews. Esau----the fraternal twin brother of Jacob (later renamed 'Israel') was a secular Jew (actually a secular Hebrew) He entertained himself by hunting wild animals which is proscribed for adherent Jews (at that time called 'hebrew') ---therefore he was a secular jew (Hebrew). Feel free to ask questions

jews define what is "secular jew"------a "secular jew"----for a jew adherent to ritual is any jew less adherent than is he. Try not to obsess on the concept. There have been secular jews since moses ascended mount Sinai. In fact----there have been secular jews since before jews were called jews. Esau----the fraternal twin brother of Jacob (later renamed 'Israel') was a secular Jew (actually a secular Hebrew) He entertained himself by hunting wild animals which is proscribed for adherent Jews (at that time called 'hebrew') ---therefore he was a secular jew (Hebrew). Feel free to ask questions

They are atheist or agnostic and see Judaism as a more a tradition and culture , not religion. Esau and Jacob were not even jews.

They are atheist or agnostic and see Judaism as a more a tradition and culture , not religion. Esau and Jacob were not even jews.

you----have no idea how another person "sees" anything------all you see is the cock you happen to
be sucking at any given moment. Esau and Jacob
are historical characters who did not speak English-----
you will have no opportunity to sell your stinking ass to either of them----they are both dead

Jesus was a Pharisee -----the Pharisees at the time of
Jesus had no power. Their influence was entirely in the field of scholarship. The people in power were the romans and the SADDUCEE shills to whom they conferred some power

you----have no idea how another person "sees" anything------all you see is the cock you happen to
you will have no opportunity to sell your stinking ass to either of them----they are both dead

If they existed.

If they existed.

right----if they existed----they are historical characters in jewish scriptural writings. Like Heinrich Schliemann, I believe that scriptural writings are based in real history. I believe that there was a person named Muhummad approximately 1400 years ago and a person named yeshua ben Yosef ---about 2000 years ago despite the absence of birth certificates. Like Heinrich Schliemann, I believe that there were really
people named Odysseus and Hector in TROY about 3000 years ago. I do not believe that an entity really named "penelope" posts on this messageboard. The entity which calls itself penelope is such an idiot---that it has decided that characters described in jewish scriptural
writings should not be called "jews"-----because "jew" is not the word that would have been used to describe them in the time that they are described as having lived. We do call Odysseus a "greek" ----but if he had ever lived---he would never have had heard that word

Jesus had no power. Their influence was entirely in the field of scholarship. The people in power were the romans and the SADDUCEE shills to whom they conferred some power

Jesus was not a Pharisee. Why are you making that claim?

because I am not stupid. I never had a "religious" education------For an American jew like me that means
I never went to "Hebrew school" or any jewish summer
camp etc etc----my parents are secular type democrats of the typical jewish type. I grew up in a mostly Christian (catholic and protestant of the Lutheran/Methodist/Episcopalian type) town and did
get invited to "sunday school"-------and attended public
school-----town type. Ie---very white bread American
upbringing---except democrat parents in a republican
town. My one real problem was I was a precocious and
avid reader with not a whole lot to read-----so I read
anything around----including the bible----"old" and "new"
I learned all kinds of ODD things and can do fairly
well----guessing---whilst watching Jeapordy. I know
stuff about the situation in "JUDEA" at the time Jesus
lived as a matter of simple general knowledge As a teen I learned a tiny bit of Hebrew (in an entirely secular
public school setting) I took a look at some of the actual writings of about 2000 years ago----like Josephus
Flavius, Philo, Hillel etc. and later on I lived amongst
really hot shot jews-----ie chassidim and learned stuff
about their POV (generally as an outsider) I will give
you a little clue ----if you are a Christian-----you have
absolutely no idea who and what Pharisees were---
every word you heard about them in sunday school
and church was SHEER NONSENSE. What you heard about Pharisees was invented by the ROMANS
who hated them because they rebelled against roman
rule. Here is another clue----HILLEL was a popular
scholar at the time of Jesus (died either right before Jesus was born or right after) If you read the NT and
the writings of Hillel, you would know that Jesus---like
all the rest of the Pharisees were HIS FOLLOWERS.
Also----another fact that you never heard in sunday school-------the PHARISEES HATED THE MONEY
CHANGERS who set up in the temple courtyard---
WITH ALL THEIR HEARTS

because I am not stupid. I never had a "religious" education------For an American jew like me that means
camp etc etc----my parents are secular type democrats of the typical jewish type. I grew up in a mostly Christian (catholic and protestant of the Lutheran/Methodist/Episcopalian type) town and did
lived as a matter of simple general knowledge As a teen I learned a tiny bit of Hebrew (in an entirely secular
public school setting) I took a look at some of the actual writings of about 2000 years ago----like Josephus
and church was SHEER NONSENSE. What you heard about Pharisees was invented by the ROMANS
scholar at the time of Jesus (died either right before Jesus was born or right after) If you read the NT and
Also----another fact that you never heard in sunday school-------the PHARISEES HATED THE MONEY
WITH ALL THEIR HEARTS

Educate yourself.
"The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; so practice and observe whatever they tell you, but not what they do; for they preach, but do not practice. They bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by men; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues, and salutations in the market places, and being called rabbi by men. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven." (Matthew 23:2-9 RSV)

WITH ALL THEIR HEARTS

Educate yourself.
"The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; so practice and observe whatever they tell you, but not what they do; for they preach, but do not practice. They bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by men; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues, and salutations in the market places, and being called rabbi by men. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven." (Matthew 23:2-9 RSV)

No one knows who Matthew was. He has a Hebrew name-----but no history. No one knows who wrote the
book attributed to Matthew or even when it was written.
The NT was compiled under the editorship of CONSTANTINE-----he hated Pharisees and murdered
lots of them. He had nothing against the "money-changers" It is almost surprising that the episode of
overturning their tables ---'GOT IN'

I cannot think of one good reason why you should feel comfortable about your own destiny as well.

My destiny, and yours, is to be worm food. That's not a comfortable thought, in fact it causes many a sheep to run to the herd of a shepherd who tells him that this unsavory truth is a fiction. But, some of us can put on our big girl panties and cope.

I'm not fearful of being tortured by your imaginary friend, if that's what you're intimating. I've come to grips with my own mortality, and accept that this life will one day cease.

It's better that way, really. I don't delude myself that I have an eternity to make up for earthly fuck-ups. So, I tell the people that I love that I love them, frequently. I seize the day. I squeeze the sweetness out of my time on this earth, and I deal with the fact that my time really is short.

WITH ALL THEIR HEARTS

Educate yourself.

No one knows who Matthew was. He has a Hebrew name-----but no history. No one knows who wrote the
book attributed to Matthew or even when it was written.
The NT was compiled under the editorship of CONSTANTINE-----he hated Pharisees and murdered
lots of them. He had nothing against the "money-changers" It is almost surprising that the episode of
overturning their tables ---'GOT IN'

Were you home schooled?
Matthew was one of the 12 disciples.

Forum List

Back