Are you saved?

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Better question is do you know what that means. I don't. I hear it all the time but is one not saved this minute and then saved the next minute? I would like to hear stories of people who 'have been/are' saved. Does it really mean anything? Jesus still has no meaning to me but I was just wondering if I should recommend getting 'saved' to anyone else. And please, no "God saved me from being gay videos." Personal experience, unless God happened to save you from being gay. ;)

CBN.comWhat does it mean when someone says they are ‘saved?’

Upon conversion to Christianity, all people go through the following process:

1. Confess that they are a sinner in need of a Savior
  2. Repent from that sin
  3. Acknowledge and believe that Jesus is the One Savior who can take away their sin (because of His deity, and His death and resurrection)
  4. Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the promised Messiah
  5. Receive the Holy Spirit to guide them in daily life
  6. Have their names written in the Lamb’s book of life, where upon death they will not be destined to a life separated from God – instead, they will be ‘saved’ from eternity in hell, and receive access to heaven and eternal fellowship with God
The term ‘saved’ simply refers to the standing a believer has in Jesus Christ. With the guarantee of heaven, believers are ‘saved’ from eternal damnation in hell. All who are believers are sealed with the blood of Jesus Christ, and seen as righteous in the eyes of the Lord…’saved’ to be with God in heaven.​

The choice is not between heaven and hell. The choice is between heaven and this world. You must decide to follow Jesus Christ alone. If your family, your friends decide not to follow Christ you must not turn back. You must keep your eyes on Jesus and follow him. You must endure until the end. Jesus said, Those that endure until the end, the same shall be saved. It is not a matter of a one time decision. You must decide every single day that you are going to follow Christ. That you are going to endure until the end. To be saved is to be known by God. He knows who you are.

I would say this is the requirement that sums up the call of the Believer.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Matthew 16:24

The choice is not between heaven and hell. The choice is between heaven and this world. You must decide to follow Jesus Christ alone. If your family, your friends decide not to follow Christ you must not turn back. You must keep your eyes on Jesus and follow him. You must endure until the end. Jesus said, Those that endure until the end, the same shall be saved. It is not a matter of a one time decision. You must decide every single day that you are going to follow Christ. That you are going to endure until the end. To be saved is to be known by God. He knows who you are.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
So "Are you saved?" is just a question of whether or not one believes they are following Jesus?

Why would any god set humanity up to fail in such a way? Given Yahweh's omniscience, He has to know when he's creating certain people he's condemning them to Hell. It just doesn't make any sense.

Ask yourself these questions:
1)if it's they who you need saving from then isn't this the age old racketeering business where they sell salvation and protection from them?
2) are all the people in prison with cross tattoos, cross necklaces and earings saved and were their Christian victims safe and protected from them?
3) Jesus couldn't save himself, nor his apostles, nor his early followers, nor his present followers, so relying on a failed liason that actually keeps you from salvation is kinda counter productive and resembling the Lucifer iconographs whereby Lucifer holds down the scale so you can not get a true read on your balance of deeds.
4) proper Teshuva requires simple steps without an idol to keep from proper application.

1)Admitting one's sin(s). This step is called vidui. 2)Feeling regret that one sinned.
3)Making a commitment not to repeat the sin.
4th is to make restitutions when possible.

attoning for sins is not in blood
Hosea chapter 14 verses 2-3

Ezekiel condemns the doctrine thata righteous man can die for the sins ofthe wicked. Vicarious atonement iscondemned throughout by Ezekiel.
James Barr, Professor of Old Testament Literature at the Princeton Theological Seminary, inadvertently explains why in his comments in Hasting's Dictionary of the Bible. He says "the shedding of (innocent) human blood ... is not permitted by the Noachic law" of the Bible. Only the blood of the sinner will suffice. He refers in particular to Genesis chapter 9 verse 6 and Numbers chapter 35 verse 33.

the Triumph of Good vs Evil, the parable of Noah - it is not for any individual but must be accomplished as a Species or all will perish together.

Better question is do you know what that means. I don't. I hear it all the time but is one not saved this minute and then saved the next minute? I would like to hear stories of people who 'have been/are' saved. Does it really mean anything? Jesus still has no meaning to me but I was just wondering if I should recommend getting 'saved' to anyone else. And please, no "God saved me from being gay videos." Personal experience, unless God happened to save you from being gay. ;)

CBN.comWhat does it mean when someone says they are ‘saved?’

Upon conversion to Christianity, all people go through the following process:

1. Confess that they are a sinner in need of a Savior
  2. Repent from that sin
  3. Acknowledge and believe that Jesus is the One Savior who can take away their sin (because of His deity, and His death and resurrection)
  4. Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the promised Messiah
  5. Receive the Holy Spirit to guide them in daily life
  6. Have their names written in the Lamb’s book of life, where upon death they will not be destined to a life separated from God – instead, they will be ‘saved’ from eternity in hell, and receive access to heaven and eternal fellowship with God
The term ‘saved’ simply refers to the standing a believer has in Jesus Christ. With the guarantee of heaven, believers are ‘saved’ from eternal damnation in hell. All who are believers are sealed with the blood of Jesus Christ, and seen as righteous in the eyes of the Lord…’saved’ to be with God in heaven.​

Not one Christian knows what God's salvation plan is. They think it has something to do with their false deity named Jesus.

You need to be dunked in the tank of water also...
No you do not have to be baptized to be saved.

Nobody knows if they are saved anyway.

They may think they are, but there is a Judgement to come.

All I ask is a fair trial and a light sentence, as I know I am guilty as Hell!!!

Didn't break the all, but probably six of the ten.

You need to be dunked in the tank of water also...
No you do not have to be baptized to be saved.

Nobody knows if they are saved anyway.

They may think they are, but there is a Judgement to come.

All I ask is a fair trial and a light sentence, as I know I am guilty as Hell!!!

Didn't break the all, but probably six of the ten.
I lost count after 8...

Forum List

Back