The cost of "Freedom"

A little while back in a discussion a user here bragged about hiding on top of a mountain surrounded by dangerous wild animals and, of course, his collection of firearms, counting his $42k in cash.

Now the funny part here is that this person was bragging about his freedom..

I thought about this and it occurred to me that this person isn't free. No, he's in a prison he built himself. A prison where his fear, anger, and hate serve as guard that he can never escape. Consider, by his own account:

He's locked away from family and friends in his mountain hideaway.
He can't leave because he's surrounded by wild animals.
He can't leave because he needs to guard his money.
He can't spend that money because there's nowhere to spend it.

He thinks he's free but he's in a prison from which there is no escape.

But he's no different from so many just like him. Their prison, like his, is not on top of a mountain, it is in their minds. They're isolate from family, from lifelong friends, because their anger and hate serve as guards to keep them locked away. Isn't that what prison does?

The think the gun in their pocket let's them go where they want but, in truth, that "freedom" is just another prison guard that won't let them go many places and will cause people to shun them when they find out the truth.

They don't get invited places because people know how they'll act and they don't want to go places because they know they're not wanted.

"Freedom?"

I think not.

Problem is you didn't like him and we're probably jealous so you created this scenario of what ifs and maybes so you could paint this picture of how he isn't free so you could create a post to mock him.

99% of what you said was created in your head and you have absolutely no idea if that is indeed what is going on. It's just what you want to be going on with him.

Problem is you didn't like him and we're probably jealous so you created this scenario of what ifs and maybes so you could paint this picture of how he isn't free so you could create a post to mock him.

99% of what you said was created in your head and you have absolutely no idea if that is indeed what is going on. It's just what you want to be going on with him.
Sorry to blow your fantasy.

Every word was a quote from him.

A little while back in a discussion a user here bragged about hiding on top of a mountain surrounded by dangerous wild animals and, of course, his collection of firearms, counting his $42k in cash.

I thought about this and it occurred to me that this person isn't free. No, he's in a prison he built himself. A prison where his fear, anger, and hate serve as guard that he can never escape. Consider, by his own account:

But he's no different from so many just like him. Their prison, like his, is not on top of a mountain, it is in their minds. They're isolate from family, from lifelong friends, because their anger and hate serve as guards to keep them locked away. Isn't that what prison does?

The think the gun in their pocket let's them go where they want but, in truth, that "freedom" is just another prison guard that won't let them go many places and will cause people to shun them when they find out the truth.

They don't get invited places because people know how they'll act and they don't want to go places because they know they're not wanted.

"Freedom?"

I think not.
Don't let your imagination run away with you. Freedom is what you make of it and you should be thankful every day to live in a Country that has guaranteed freedoms. The guy obviously can leave but he prefers to be where he is. Not unlike Sen. Fetterman who preferred to live in his mother's basement and now lives in relative isolation somewhere in Washington D.C.

Don't let your imagination run away with you. Freedom is what you make of it and you should be thankful every day to live in a Country that has guaranteed freedoms. The guy obviously can leave but he prefers to be where he is. Not unlike Sen. Fetterman who preferred to live in his mother's basement and now lives in relative isolation somewhere in Washington D.C.
A prison of his own making where the guards are all in his mind.

Thanks.

Actually the "prison" in question is in your mind.
Sorry little one.

I go where I want.
I go when I want.
I do not hide in fear surrounded by money I can't spend BECAUSE I'm afraid
I do not surround myself with weapons to protect easily replaced
I see Black people, Asian people, Queer people and I'm afraid of none of them.
I do not fear the fantasy that is your "god" nor the bogeymen that drive the referenced fears.

You described his prison, and most likely yours, perfectly while trying to deny its existence.

"Freedom?"

I think not.

“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.”​

― George Orwell, 1984

“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.”​

― George Orwell, 1984
Ahh...

The self justification of self imprisonment.

From the land of "Alternative Facts"

Sorry little one.

I go where I want.
I go when I want.
I do not hide in fear surrounded by money I can't spend BECAUSE I'm afraid
I do not surround myself with weapons to protect easily replaced
I see Black people, Asian people, Queer people and I'm afraid of none of them.
I do not fear the fantasy that is your "god" nor the bogeymen that drive the referenced fears.

You described his prison, and most likely yours, perfectly while trying to deny its existence.
Too much amateur self analysis. Let it go, your post was bullshit.

“A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”​

― Arthur Schopenhauer, Essays and Aphorisms

“A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”​

― Arthur Schopenhauer, Essays and Aphorisms
But our guy is not alone.
He has his guns.
He has his money.
He has his hate.
He has his anger.
He has his fear.
He is never alone.

But our guy is not alone.
He has his guns.
He has his money.
He has his hate.
He has his anger.
He has his fear.
He is never alone.

He is alone. I know you might not realize this but thoughts don't count as other people

He is alone. I know you might not realize this but thoughts don't count as other people
Like he's not massaging his AR and telling his money how much he loves it.

You know far less than you think

Forum List

Back