The cost of "Freedom"

Dadoalex

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2021
A little while back in a discussion a user here bragged about hiding on top of a mountain surrounded by dangerous wild animals and, of course, his collection of firearms, counting his $42k in cash.

Now the funny part here is that this person was bragging about his freedom..

I thought about this and it occurred to me that this person isn't free. No, he's in a prison he built himself. A prison where his fear, anger, and hate serve as guard that he can never escape. Consider, by his own account:

He's locked away from family and friends in his mountain hideaway.
He can't leave because he's surrounded by wild animals.
He can't leave because he needs to guard his money.
He can't spend that money because there's nowhere to spend it.

He thinks he's free but he's in a prison from which there is no escape.

But he's no different from so many just like him. Their prison, like his, is not on top of a mountain, it is in their minds. They're isolate from family, from lifelong friends, because their anger and hate serve as guards to keep them locked away. Isn't that what prison does?

The think the gun in their pocket let's them go where they want but, in truth, that "freedom" is just another prison guard that won't let them go many places and will cause people to shun them when they find out the truth.

They don't get invited places because people know how they'll act and they don't want to go places because they know they're not wanted.

"Freedom?"

I think not.

A little while back in a discussion a user here bragged about hiding on top of a mountain surrounded by dangerous wild animals and, of course, his collection of firearms, counting his $42k in cash.

Now the funny part here is that this person was bragging about his freedom..

I thought about this and it occurred to me that this person isn't free. No, he's in a prison he built himself. A prison where his fear, anger, and hate serve as guard that he can never escape. Consider, by his own account:

He's locked away from family and friends in his mountain hideaway.
He can't leave because he's surrounded by wild animals.
He can't leave because he needs to guard his money.
He can't spend that money because there's nowhere to spend it.

He thinks he's free but he's in a prison from which there is no escape.

But he's no different from so many just like him. Their prison, like his, is not on top of a mountain, it is in their minds. They're isolate from family, from lifelong friends, because their anger and hate serve as guards to keep them locked away. Isn't that what prison does?

The think the gun in their pocket let's them go where they want but, in truth, that "freedom" is just another prison guard that won't let them go many places and will cause people to shun them when they find out the truth.

They don't get invited places because people know how they'll act and they don't want to go places because they know they're not wanted.

"Freedom?"

I think not.
Can you imagine living a life that sad and pathetic?

Problem is if you feel free you are free. Who needs freedom of something they don´t want to do? If you want to dwell on a mountaintop and count money and can do that, that´s indeed freedom.

Can you imagine living a life that sad and pathetic?
Yes, I can.
Which is why this so sad.
They do it to themselves.

I've a ...let's call him cousin (damn theory of relativity) and he went all Q-man on us about 6 years ago. OK, that's his thing but he wouldn't let it go. Every get together he need to be asked to leave because he'd go off on thee rages. The guy was accusing his own family of being child traffickers. I've seen him once in 5 years. At our aunt's funeral.

When you're in prison and someone close dies they will sometimes give a furlough to go to the funeral. But it's still prison.

Problem is if you feel free you are free. Who needs freedom of something they don´t want to do? If you want to dwell on a mountaintop and count money and can do that, that´s indeed freedom.
If you want to hang out on a mountain top, cool.
If that's what you want.
I've done it.
But I left when I wanted and came back when I wanted.
I wasn't afraid to leave and I wasn't afraid if someone else came.

If you want to hang out on a mountain top, cool.
If that's what you want.
I've done it.
But I left when I wanted and came back when I wanted.
I wasn't afraid to leave and I wasn't afraid if someone else came.
The guy has his collection of firearms, he can leave when he wants. And of course, if he managed to get there, he can leave.

The guy has his collection of firearms, he can leave when he wants. And of course, if he managed to get there, he can leave.
Why does he have his firearms?
Because he is afraid.
Why does he have $42k in cash?
Because he is afraid.
Why does he hide on a mountain?
Because he is afraid.

And people who live in fear are never free.

Why does he have his firearms?
Because he is afraid.
Why does he have $42k in cash?
Because he is afraid.
Why does he hide on a mountain?
Because he is afraid.

And people who live in fear are never free.
That is your assumption, your judgement. I never would do this but use the firearms to thrust my way to the store and the money to buy what I like. That will be great fun, later I will go to the restaurant with my girlfriend and then we drive home.
But he wants count money on a mountain, so that is his freedom, even if this requires security measures.

That is your assumption, your judgement. I never would do this but use the firearms to thrust my way to the store and the money to buy what I like. That will be great fun, later I will go to the restaurant with my girlfriend and then we drive home.
But he wants count money on a mountain, so that is his freedom, even if this requires security measures.
How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

EVERYONE HAS TO LIVE AND THINK JUSSSSTTTT LIIIIKKKKEEEE MEEEEEEEEEE

(the rant of the prog)
Live how you want.
But hiding in fear surrounded by guns and calling it "freedom" is the lie you live.

And Trump is an honest man who is very religious.

A fantasy is not reality.

Trump is a blowhard and plays his base, just like any other politician. Only progs like you pretend he's different than any other NYC developer or politician. with the exception of them having filters and him having none.

I'll still vote for him if he's the Republican Nominee, even if I favor DeSantis, because what he will push as policy more closely matches what I want pushed as policy than any Dem.

Trump is a blowhard and plays his base, just like any other politician. Only progs like you pretend he's different than any other NYC developer or politician. with the exception of them having filters and him having none.

I'll still vote for him if he's the Republican Nominee, even if I favor DeSantis, because what he will push as policy more closely matches what I want pushed as policy than any Dem.
As noted, fantasy is not reality.

Forum List

Back