The climate crusaders say coal is dying! LOL!!

Wry Catcher writes,

"Catalytic converters and the removal of lead from gas is evidence human interaction had a negative impact on the air, and was mitigated even when fools opposed such a mitigation.

Ever heard of Acid Rain? Hows about SMOG, where does that come from, GOD, MOTHER NATURE or US?

What evidence do you have in echoing the argument that the ice cap is a natural occurrence, and not a result of pollution?

Ever heard of the Killer Fog? Clean coal is gallows humor:"

==========

Yes it is good that Lead and other polluting substances are captured, however that was part of the 1970 Clear air act effect because at the time technology was in the early stages of being able to do the job in the cleaning up of emissions of various particles known to cause health problems.

Killer Fog was in 1952, long before technology was available to clean up the Coal emissions, also it was rare combination of atmospheric conditions that caused something not normally seen as shown by a research finally solving the massive 1952 death toll:

Business Insider

Scientists finally know what caused a mysterious fog to kill 12,000 people in London in 1952

Alan Martin,
Alphr
Nov. 18, 2016, 5:17 AM

"The event in question is the "killer fog" that hit London for several days in 1952. First appearing on 5 December, it lifted four days later with an estimated death toll of at least 12,000 people, with around 150,000 hospitalisations and thousands of undocumented animal deaths. Although the Clean Air Act was passed partly in response four years later, the actual causes of the incident have gone unknown until now.

Through atmospheric measurements of fog in China, and laboratory experiments, Texas A&M researcher Dr Renyi Zhang and his team came up with their answer: nitrogen dioxide converting comparatively benign sulfur dioxide into lethal sulfuric acid.

"People have known that sulfate was a big contributor to the fog, and sulfuric acid particles were formed from sulfur dioxide released by coal burning for residential use and power plants, and other means," explained Zhang. "But how sulfur dioxide was turned into sulfuric acid was unclear."

LINK
===================

Acid Rain was not the big scare it originally was as it very limited in small local areas.

Smog is no longer a major problem in many parts of the world, who have cleaned up the Coal emissions with technology. Most of it is still exist in Asian and in some European nations.

You wrote this weirdly,

"What evidence do you have in echoing the argument that the ice cap is a natural occurrence, and not a result of pollution? "

Todays Arctic sea ice level are well above the average for the interglacial period, even with some dark dust particles on small parts of the Arctic region.

Last edited:
But only Disney dwellers think that!!

Coal Soars on Rising Demand from Asia

Gigantic % increases in coal imports the first 5 months of 2018! China alone imported over 100 million tons.....:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:....India, 75 million. China imports up over 10% this year....India up over 3%. And that's imports! These countries are opening new coal plants every month!! It's called demand s0ns...
Part of the real world.

Meanwhile you look at renewables, most of what we get is from hydro ( wind and solar a small % in the world of renewables ).:abgg2q.jpg:

Members of the religion fall all over themselves all the time in here telling us, "Coal is dead!!"

Really s0ns!!:funnyface::funnyface::fu:

@www.whosnotwinning.com

A battle won, a war lost?

Why China's War on Pollution Affects the Whole World

"China is cracking down on pollution like never before, with new green policies so hard-hitting and extensive they can be felt across the world, transforming everything from electric vehicle demand to commodities markets.

"Four decades of breakneck economic growth turned China into the world’s biggest carbon emitter. But now the government is trying to change that without damaging the economy—and perhaps even use its green policies to become a leader in technological innovation. So, as lawmakers attend the annual National People’s Congress, here’s a look at the impact of the environmental focus, at home and abroad."

Obama was right on, and the polluters and ^$#$%%^**'s like S. Kook. have benefited China's in the race to create profitable green and renewable energy.

Q. Is it greed, or stupidity which motives S. Kook.?

You are such a sucker s0n....consistently fooled by vague semantics like "increasing"...."leader"...."hard hitting green policies" :aug08_031::aug08_031:.

You dummy.....by 2040, China's coal production will be 50% higher than it is today. Sure renewables are on the rise but like any progressive argument, it completely falls apart when it has to answer the question, "As compared to what?"

China’s Growing Coal Use Is World’s Growing Problem

Falling for loose association shit is an art form for progressives. Tune into CNN for just 5 minutes, any night, any show, and check out the barrage of loose associations the host tosses out. The suckers fall for the semantic fakery every time!!

Why the hard on for green and renewable energy? Tell us how coal is clean and good for our water, atmosphere and soil? Mills ran on streams built American Cities in the years before steel, and wood provide heat for cooking and warmth.

In the late 19th century blacksmiths feared they would be out of work when oil became king, and they were. They become mechanics and teamsters; we have evolved - at least some of us - to recognize Coal and oil harm the planet and can be replaced.

Hey man...call me a killjoy. I have little idealism left in my soul at my age. Indeed, I am a fatalist. Would highly desire Kim K to come sit on my face tonight, but guess what? It ain't happening.

Nor is renewable energy relative to fossil fuels. Not happening to any degree even close to the dreams of the progressives. I'd sure as shit love less crap going into the air, but nobody is stopping India and China in our lifetimes. 100% certainty..... sucks for all of us but guess what we are just peasants in the real world!!:113: What can you do?!!!:2up:

Fire Trump and rejoin the Paris Agreement, Kyoto protocol and stop the denial. Climate Change is not a conspiracy theory, it is real and it is happening.

Join the majority and send the Plutocrats and those Congress Critters out of government for good. And find a job that does not harm our air, water and soil.

Ha ha, you hurt yourself with this kind of partisan babble.

No one here disputes that Climate changes.

Kyoto Treaty is a dismal failure and the Paris is already showing failure on the horizon. American Senate TOLD President Clinton by a 95-0 vote that they would NOT ratify the Kyoto treaty as is was, Clinton withdrew it.

Coal and Oil will remain dominant for decades to comes, that is the REALITY you need to embrace.

Wry Catcher writes,

"Catalytic converters and the removal of lead from gas is evidence human interaction had a negative impact on the air, and was mitigated even when fools opposed such a mitigation.

Ever heard of Acid Rain? Hows about SMOG, where does that come from, GOD, MOTHER NATURE or US?

What evidence do you have in echoing the argument that the ice cap is a natural occurrence, and not a result of pollution?

==========

Yes it is good that Lead and other polluting substances are captured, however that was part of the 1970 Clear air act effect because at the time technology was in the early stages of being able to do the job in the cleaning up of emissions of various particles known to cause health problems.

Killer Fog was in 1952, long before technology was available to clean up the Coal emissions, also it was rare combination of atmospheric conditions that caused something not normally seen as shown by a research finally solving the massive 1952 death toll:

Business Insider

Scientists finally know what caused a mysterious fog to kill 12,000 people in London in 1952

Alan Martin,
Alphr

"The event in question is the "killer fog" that hit London for several days in 1952. First appearing on 5 December, it lifted four days later with an estimated death toll of at least 12,000 people, with around 150,000 hospitalisations and thousands of undocumented animal deaths. Although the Clean Air Act was passed partly in response four years later, the actual causes of the incident have gone unknown until now.

Through atmospheric measurements of fog in China, and laboratory experiments, Texas A&M researcher Dr Renyi Zhang and his team came up with their answer: nitrogen dioxide converting comparatively benign sulfur dioxide into lethal sulfuric acid.

"People have known that sulfate was a big contributor to the fog, and sulfuric acid particles were formed from sulfur dioxide released by coal burning for residential use and power plants, and other means," explained Zhang. "But how sulfur dioxide was turned into sulfuric acid was unclear."

LINK
===================

Acid Rain was not the big scare it originally was as it very limited in small local areas.

Smog is no longer a major problem in many parts of the world, who have cleaned up the Coal emissions with technology. Most of it is still exist in Asian and in some European nations.

You wrote this weirdly,

"What evidence do you have in echoing the argument that the ice cap is a natural occurrence, and not a result of pollution? "

Todays Arctic sea ice level are well above the average for the interglacial period, even with some dark dust particles on small parts of the Arctic region.

Let's agree to disagree. One of us will be proved correct, maybe years into the future, maybe much sooner. If you are wrong, we will have left our progeny with serious problems. Not only are coal and oil not renewable nor green, they will eventually be depleted.

My family does what we can, we have solar panels on our roof, own a Bolt and a RAV4 Hybrid, recycle what we can, have removed our lawns and planted drought tolerant foliage, and place fallen leaves and organic food residue into composting bins making healthy soil in a matter of months.

Wry Catcher writes,

==========

Business Insider

Alan Martin,
Alphr

LINK
===================

You wrote this weirdly,

Let's agree to disagree. One of us will be proved correct, maybe years into the future, maybe much sooner. If you are wrong, we will have left our progeny with serious problems. Not only are coal and oil not renewable nor green, they will eventually be depleted.

My family does what we can, we have solar panels on our roof, own a Bolt and a RAV4 Hybrid, recycle what we can, have removed our lawns and planted drought tolerant foliage, and place fallen leaves and organic food residue into composting bins making healthy soil in a matter of months.

The problem is that you don't seem to realize the massive improvement in cleaning up the air and water in America in recent decades DESPITE the continued increase in use of Coal, Oil and NG consumption.

You also seem unaware of how much Coal America has left.

Coal reserves in America estimated in 2016 to be about 348 years:

"Based on U.S. coal production in 2016 of about 0.73 billion short tons, the recoverable coal reserves would last about 348 years, and recoverable reserves at producing mines would last about 23 years. The actual number of years that those reserves will last depends on changes in production and reserves estimates."

Nuclear Power will eventually be the Future after the stupid ecowarriors dies out and smarter, rational people take their place.

Dr. James Hansen supports Nuclear Energy.

Last edited:
A battle won, a war lost?

Why China's War on Pollution Affects the Whole World

"China is cracking down on pollution like never before, with new green policies so hard-hitting and extensive they can be felt across the world, transforming everything from electric vehicle demand to commodities markets.

"Four decades of breakneck economic growth turned China into the world’s biggest carbon emitter. But now the government is trying to change that without damaging the economy—and perhaps even use its green policies to become a leader in technological innovation. So, as lawmakers attend the annual National People’s Congress, here’s a look at the impact of the environmental focus, at home and abroad."

Obama was right on, and the polluters and ^$#$%%^**'s like S. Kook. have benefited China's in the race to create profitable green and renewable energy.

Q. Is it greed, or stupidity which motives S. Kook.?

You are such a sucker s0n....consistently fooled by vague semantics like "increasing"...."leader"...."hard hitting green policies" :aug08_031::aug08_031:.

You dummy.....by 2040, China's coal production will be 50% higher than it is today. Sure renewables are on the rise but like any progressive argument, it completely falls apart when it has to answer the question, "As compared to what?"

Falling for loose association shit is an art form for progressives. Tune into CNN for just 5 minutes, any night, any show, and check out the barrage of loose associations the host tosses out. The suckers fall for the semantic fakery every time!!

Why the hard on for green and renewable energy? Tell us how coal is clean and good for our water, atmosphere and soil? Mills ran on streams built American Cities in the years before steel, and wood provide heat for cooking and warmth.

In the late 19th century blacksmiths feared they would be out of work when oil became king, and they were. They become mechanics and teamsters; we have evolved - at least some of us - to recognize Coal and oil harm the planet and can be replaced.

Hey man...call me a killjoy. I have little idealism left in my soul at my age. Indeed, I am a fatalist. Would highly desire Kim K to come sit on my face tonight, but guess what? It ain't happening.

Nor is renewable energy relative to fossil fuels. Not happening to any degree even close to the dreams of the progressives. I'd sure as shit love less crap going into the air, but nobody is stopping India and China in our lifetimes. 100% certainty..... sucks for all of us but guess what we are just peasants in the real world!!:113: What can you do?!!!:2up:

Fire Trump and rejoin the Paris Agreement, Kyoto protocol and stop the denial. Climate Change is not a conspiracy theory, it is real and it is happening.

Join the majority and send the Plutocrats and those Congress Critters out of government for good. And find a job that does not harm our air, water and soil.

Kyoto Treaty is a dismal failure and the Paris is already showing failure on the horizon. American Senate TOLD President Clinton by a 95-0 vote that they would NOT ratify the Kyoto treaty as is was, Clinton withdrew it.

Coal and Oil will remain dominant for decades to comes, that is the REALITY you need to embrace.

My grandchildren will likely see the 22nd century, what will we leave them? I'm not Nostradamus but the writing is on the wall, and too many of our leaders can't or won't read it.

My grandchildren will likely see the 22nd century, what will we leave them? I'm not Nostradamus but the writing is on the wall, and too many of our leaders can't or won't read it.

You have yet to show there is a valid climate concern.

Do you know what the NUL hypothesis is and how it relates to Weather/Climate?

Few, if any of these guys know what the Null hypothesis is because neither the left wing media, nor the high priests of the church of mann made climate change talk about it...no grant money to be had in the null hypothesis. If the null hypothesis started getting traction among anyone other than thinking people, it would be back to the days when the best gig a climate guy could hope for was weatherman on a cable network...they couldn't afford BMW's, fashionable addresses, or boob jobs for their fashionable mistresses who were also unaffordable before the rise of the mann made climate scam.

Nope, did you man the null?

Defined as: "A null hypothesis is a precise statement about a population that we try to reject with sample data. We don't usually believe our null hypothesis (or H0) to be true."

NUL hypothesis - Google Search

Defined as: "A null hypothesis is a precise statement about a population that we try to reject with sample data. We don't usually believe our null hypothesis (or H0) to be true."

If so, my post included examples of how human behavior since the industrial revolution has impacted our air, water and soil.

The null hypothesis, as it applies to climate is that the change we have seen is due to natural variation and that the burden of proof lies upon those claiming that mankind is altering the cliamte. I have been asking for over 2 decades now for a single piece of observed, measured evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variabilty... To date, no such piece of data has been provided...nor will it since no such actual observed, measured data exists.

Few, if any of these guys know what the Null hypothesis is because neither the left wing media, nor the high priests of the church of mann made climate change talk about it...no grant money to be had in the null hypothesis. If the null hypothesis started getting traction among anyone other than thinking people, it would be back to the days when the best gig a climate guy could hope for was weatherman on a cable network...they couldn't afford BMW's, fashionable addresses, or boob jobs for their fashionable mistresses who were also unaffordable before the rise of the mann made climate scam.

A reductio ad absurdum fallacy framed on an ad hominem.

If so, my post included examples of how human behavior since the industrial revolution has impacted our air, water and soil.

air water and soil are local..and are not climate...part of the problem with climate warriors such as yourself is that you seem to be unable, or unwilling to differentiate between climate and pollution...one is a serious problem with a solution, the other is a non problem which is sucking all the air out of the room and all the money out of the coffers which could be used to alleviate the other.

Not so absurd when coupled with the fact that you can't provide a single piece of observed, measured evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...that being the case, what do you suppose drives the climate "consensus" if not money?

Do you know what the NULL hypothesis is and how it relates to Weather/Climate?

Oh dear!

You really have no idea what Null Hypothesis means.

This is what I posted that you are skirting:

"You have yet to show there is a valid climate concern.

Do you know what the NULL hypothesis is and how it relates to Weather/Climate?"

Warmists have failed to show that current warming rate is outside of natural variation.

Last edited:

Not so absurd when coupled with the fact that you can't provide a single piece of observed, measured evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...that being the case, what do you suppose drives the climate "consensus" if not money?

They have IGNORED the evidence of climate models predictive failures for years now. It is clear they are captive of ecoloony propaganda.

Wry Catcher writes,

==========

Business Insider

Alan Martin,
Alphr

LINK
===================

You wrote this weirdly,

Please explain that to the Inuit people and the polar bears, the inter-glacial period has lasted over 11,000 years. What changed during the last 2 centuries?

They have IGNORED the evidence of climate models predictive failures for years now. It is clear they are captive of ecoloony propaganda.

Thanks so much for sharing. Your premise, "all scientists are fakes" is more informational than you must have expected.

Wry Catcher writes,

==========

Business Insider

Alan Martin,
Alphr

LINK
===================

You wrote this weirdly,

Please explain that to the Inuit people and the polar bears, the inter-glacial period has lasted over 11,000 years. What changed during the last 2 centuries?

Gawad!

Do even realize that the INTERGLACIAL period is better for them than Glaciation period?

Polar Bears are CURRENTLY enjoying a large population growth of several decades.

Low summer sea ice levels has little impact on Polar Bear dietary habits.

You are so clueless.

Last edited:

Thanks so much for sharing. Your premise, "all scientists are fakes" is more informational than you must have expected.

You welcome.

I never stated or implied that "all scientists are fakes", that came from you, don't try putting words in my mouth again!

It is a FACT that warmists do indeed ignore prediction/projections climate models failures. I have posted the evidence in the forum many times now, that gets ignored too.

Last edited:
Wry Catcher writes,

==========

Business Insider

Alan Martin,
Alphr

LINK
===================

You wrote this weirdly,

Can't answer the question what has changed in the last two centuries? I have no clue.

What has not changed though in the last 25 years is people's total lack of interest in doing anything about climate change. It's so off people's radar it's laughable. Evidently the climate scientists have yet to make their case!:hello77:

Forum List

Back