Biden's support of EV transitioning due to Co2 emissions is so uninformed! He now blames high temperatures on Climate change!

Thanks for the links.

First link....So the total energy for a 40kWh gallon of petrol is 4.8kWh of energy, some of which is electricity.

Third link....Assuming that you get 42 gallons of refined products from each barrel of oil, this works out to about 0.2 kilowatt hours of electricity used for each gallon of gasoline produced.

My link.....Nowadays, most electric cars have a real-world efficiency of at least 3 miles per kWh, though a few dip down to around 2.5 miles per kWh.

0.2 kWh times 3 miles per kWh = 0.6 miles, not quite what I get from a gallon of gas.

DURR

Thanks for the links.

First link....So the total energy for a 40kWh gallon of petrol is 4.8kWh of energy, some of which is electricity.

Third link....Assuming that you get 42 gallons of refined products from each barrel of oil, this works out to about 0.2 kilowatt hours of electricity used for each gallon of gasoline produced.

My link.....Nowadays, most electric cars have a real-world efficiency of at least 3 miles per kWh, though a few dip down to around 2.5 miles per kWh.

0.2 kWh times 3 miles per kWh = 0.6 miles, not quite what I get from a gallon of gas.

DURR
Dufus, the average ev goes 3-4 miles per kWh.
The AVERAGE rate for electricity in OUR state is 17 cents per kWh. Can you go 4 miles in a gas powered car for 17 cents dufus ? Do the math idiot. It’s apparent you’re full of shit.

The AVERAGE rate for electricity in OUR state is 17 cents per kWh. Can you go 4 miles in a gas powered car for 17 cents dufus ? Do the math idiot. It’s apparent you’re full of shit.

And a refinery uses 0.2 kWh (0.8 miles in an EV) to refine a gallon of gas.

The AVERAGE rate for electricity in OUR state is 17 cents per kWh

3.4 cents to refine a gallon of gas. Which gets me further than 0.8 miles. Idiot.

LOL!

Thanks for the links.

DURR
Changing the subject? Dufus, your links have nothing to do with producing a gallon of gasoline.
It costs 1.70 in our state to go 30-40 miles in an EV dumbo.

And a refinery uses 0.2 kWh (0.8 miles in an EV) to refine a gallon of gas.

The AVERAGE rate for electricity in OUR state is 17 cents per kWh

3.4 cents to refine a gallon of gas. Which gets me further than 0.8 miles. Idiot.

LOL!
You’re conflating two thinks because you can’t refute what I said. You have no link to back up what you say

How much does electricity cost per kWh in YOUR STATE DUFUS ?

Changing the subject? Dufus, your links have nothing to do with producing a gallon of gasoline.
It costs 1.70 in our state to go 30-40 miles in an EV dumbo.

Hey, shithead, you claimed "Oil companies use more electricity to produce a gallon of gas, than an EV uses for the same number of miles a car travels for that gallon"

You bump your head recently?
Can't remember your stupid claims minutes after you make them?

DURR

You’re conflating two thinks because you can’t refute what I said. You have no link to back up what you say

How much does electricity cost per kWh in YOUR STATE DUFUS ?

Your link said 0.2 kWh per gallon.
How far do you go on 0.2 kWh?

DURR

Electricity that mostly comes from fossil fuels.

Fossil fuels are awesome!!!
Now your just babbling cause you’re wrong.
The average EV goes 39-40 mikes in 1.70 of electricity
So your ice car gets 40 mpg and gas is 1.70 per gallon ? Cause that’s the only way it matches dumbo.

Hey, shithead, you claimed "Oil companies use more electricity to produce a gallon of gas, than an EV uses for the same number of miles a car travels for that gallon"

You bump your head recently?
Can't remember your stupid claims minutes after you make them?

DURR
Bet you ass they do. An EV goes 3-4 miles one ONE kWh dufus.

Bet you ass they do. An EV goes 3-4 miles one ONE kWh dufus.

If an "Oil companies use more electricity to produce a gallon of gas, than an EV uses for the same number of miles a car travels for that gallon"
That means your EV gets more mileage out of 0.2 kWh than I get out of a gallon.

Which means you're really bad at math.

If an "Oil companies use more electricity to produce a gallon of gas, than an EV uses for the same number of miles a car travels for that gallon"
That means your EV gets more mileage out of 0.2 kWh than I get out of a gallon.

Which means you're really bad at math.
Wrong. You can’t read.

Wrong. You can’t read.

You>>>>Oil companies use more electricity to produce a gallon of gas, than an EV uses for the same number of miles a car travels for that gallon.

Your link in post #161

This is consistent with refinery data. The Department of Energy estimates that refiners used 47 TWh of electricity in 2001 to produce refined products from 5.3 billion barrels of oil. Assuming that you get 42 gallons of refined products from each barrel of oil, this works out to about 0.2 kilowatt hours of electricity used for each gallon of gasoline produced.

Moron!

Green mandates result in lots of stupid malinvestment.
Nope foolish.
Thats how Exxon increases the value of their stock. It’s called, a smart investment. You’re an idiot if you think they will continue to use their own product for electricity when renewables are cheaper.

You>>>>Oil companies use more electricity to produce a gallon of gas, than an EV uses for the same number of miles a car travels for that gallon.

Your link in post #161

This is consistent with refinery data. The Department of Energy estimates that refiners used 47 TWh of electricity in 2001 to produce refined products from 5.3 billion barrels of oil. Assuming that you get 42 gallons of refined products from each barrel of oil, this works out to about 0.2 kilowatt hours of electricity used for each gallon of gasoline produced.

Moron!
You’re the fking moron. That’s from a blog post stupid.
No science involved foolish. You’re really being a dweeb.
You've produced no contrary evidrnce to the EPA estimate..

Forum List

Back