The case against ALL Religions not being true

Dr Gregg

Rookie
Jan 28, 2010
I'm going to point out a few thoughts on why I am convinced that nobody knows a thing about god and all religions is is man making up the answer in which they can't possibly know. I'm continually amazed at how much of the world's population are still religious even though some of the blaring issues at hand. I'll probably just start with a few and add more. I have to say being raised Christian and being surrounded by christians, I'm more familiar with it so likely use christianity as the major example.

1. Every civilization, every region of the world, has their own religion. Own beliefs, own myths, etc. If the religious texts were really "inspired by god" than wouldn't god spread his word to the entire world, especially in a time when global travel was at a minimum? To me, just points to each local culture making up their own religion

2. Many people take the bible to be factually correct, but its just full of physically impossible events taking place. WHat, did magic only occur in ancient times? Also, ancient men were much more ignorant of the natural world as we are, and usually took natural events and put supernatural meaning to them.

3. Stories were passed down by word of mouth until written much later after supposed events, and humans love to exaggerate, hence why there are so many myths out there, humans taking real events and making them more extraordinary.

4. most of the so called "proof" that religious people claim are normal physiological phenomenon and them taking coincidence to mean some act of god. Or they pray and prayers are answered. Thing is, simple probability says if you pray for things enough, eventually its going to come true, doesn't mean god made it come true. Plus you run into the argument of "free will" which is used to explain away the horrors in the world, but wouldn't god performing a miracle go against "free will" also? And why out of the many horrible things in life would god just perform some random miracle here and there.

I'm pretty sure studying all religions would point out the same flaws.

Fact is, nobody has a clue about the nature of god, or whether god even exists. Belief does not mean knowing, its just wishful thinking that you know for sure.

I'm going to point out a few thoughts on why I am convinced that nobody knows a thing about god and all religions is is man making up the answer in which they can't possibly know. I'm continually amazed at how much of the world's population are still religious even though some of the blaring issues at hand. I'll probably just start with a few and add more. I have to say being raised Christian and being surrounded by christians, I'm more familiar with it so likely use christianity as the major example.

1. Every civilization, every region of the world, has their own religion. Own beliefs, own myths, etc. If the religious texts were really "inspired by god" than wouldn't god spread his word to the entire world, especially in a time when global travel was at a minimum? To me, just points to each local culture making up their own religion

2. Many people take the bible to be factually correct, but its just full of physically impossible events taking place. WHat, did magic only occur in ancient times? Also, ancient men were much more ignorant of the natural world as we are, and usually took natural events and put supernatural meaning to them.

3. Stories were passed down by word of mouth until written much later after supposed events, and humans love to exaggerate, hence why there are so many myths out there, humans taking real events and making them more extraordinary.

4. most of the so called "proof" that religious people claim are normal physiological phenomenon and them taking coincidence to mean some act of god. Or they pray and prayers are answered. Thing is, simple probability says if you pray for things enough, eventually its going to come true, doesn't mean god made it come true. Plus you run into the argument of "free will" which is used to explain away the horrors in the world, but wouldn't god performing a miracle go against "free will" also? And why out of the many horrible things in life would god just perform some random miracle here and there.

Fact is, nobody has a clue about the nature of god, or whether god even exists. Belief does not mean knowing, its just wishful thinking that you know for sure.

You are going to receive all forms of HELL AND FURY over this post because it is logical and makes sense.

My religion is 100% accurate. It is yours that is false. You follow a religion that is led by homosexuals.

• Banned

You are going to receive all forms of HELL AND FURY over this post because it is logical and makes sense.

I know, usually do when it comes to discussing religion, but whatever. People have the amazing ability to delude themselves, its quite an amazing phenomenon

I know, usually do when it comes to discussing religion, but whatever. People have the amazing ability to delude themselves, its quite an amazing phenomenon

Don't be so hard on the Democrats, Gregg. Many of them are waking up and realizing that their party has been hijacked by extremists.

Dr Gregg you are wrong. I do not nor have I ever deluded myself. My religion is 100% accurate. It is yours that is false. You follow a religion that is led by homosexuals.

• Banned
Dr Gregg you are wrong. I do not nor have I ever deluded myself. My religion is 100% accurate. It is yours that is false. You follow a religion that is led by homosexuals.

:cuckoo:

and you simply saying so is all it takes.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You might notice that no one actually takes Gregg seriously. He is, in fact, terminally stupid. We are hoping that Obama can cure him by slapping him across the face but otherwise, the death panel will have to decide his fate.

While I think you might be right, the only thing between you and definite knowledge is death.

Last edited:

God selected Hebrews as his chosen people. The birth of Jesus changed all of that. Now even "Gentiles" are welcome.

The Bible was never intended to be taken completely historically word for word as fact. Jesus explained the concept of Parables which illustrate a moral and gives us examples of how to live. These parables never occurred but they are lessons in life.

See the above explanation.

God doesn't perform miracles anymore. Jesus his son does.

It's plain to see you don't understand God nor his plan ether.

Dr Gregg said:

Its plain to see you gave Dr Gregg a helluva lot of credit if you thought he understood how to tie his shoes.

Last edited:

God selected Hebrews as his chosen people. The birth of Jesus changed all of that. Now even "Gentiles" are welcome.

The Bible was never intended to be taken completely historically word for word as fact. Jesus explained the concept of Parables which illustrate a moral and gives us examples of how to live. These parables never occurred but they are lessons in life.

what's plain to see is I'm not deluded and I don't throw away logic and reasoning to believe the nonsense you posted above, which doesn't logically rebut anything I mentioned, it just makes excuses and lame attempts to rationalize the blaring problems with religion

Greg, why do you think religion exists?

By the way, you are starting a fight that you can not finish.

P.S.

If some one claims to know god, ask them how they can identify god.

Most of the time, they will use an argument that is based mainly on their perspective and can not be applied to everyone at the same time. i.e. What they think is god or good may be evil or devoid of god to some one else.

Last edited:
Dr Gregg said:

Its plain to see you gave Dr Gregg a helluva lot of credit if you thought he understood how to tie his shoes.

yes, and you display your brilliance here.:cuckoo:

It's real scary how dumb people can be to believe shit like you post

First off, Yeshua was Jewish.

Second, a quick question..........WHY doesn't God perform miracles any longer? Is it because you're claiming He's lazy, retired, out of juice, whatever.......?

You do realize that limiting God in that way (stating He hasn't performed miracles), is blasphemous.

Is He dead? Are you a follower of Nietzche?

Why doesn't God perform miracles any longer?

Greg, why do you think religion exists?

By the way, you are starting a fight that you can not finish.

Can't finish? It never really begins in the first place as religious people tend to not have facts, logic and reasoning to support their beliefs. Just nonsensical attempts to overcome blaring problems.

Religion exists because man didn't have much knowledge of the natural world so they made up the answers, which likely helps people deal with the reality of life.

Do people not realize how ignorant people were back in the day of natural phenomenon that we now know the reason and cause of, which is not "god" or supernatural.

And another points about religions is why did got let man live for thousands of years before he decided to spread his word, while all the other civilization as well as other parts of the world all had their own god myths.

Last edited:
I've heard all the claims of how they know god, and its them putting meaning into natural events, something humans love to do. Take pure coincidence and add some sort of supernatural meaning. Take warm fuzzy feelings of clarity and claim that's god. These are normal physiological events, doesn't mean its god tickling our soul. In fact you can stimulate a similar experience with drugs

The OP is so incredibly detailed, scientific and summed up with such a Gordian Knot of logic that I'm incapable of understand its dimension and significance. It had to have been written by God himself. I am not worthy. :bowdown:

Forum List

Back