The case against ALL Religions not being true

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Dr Gregg, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    I'm going to point out a few thoughts on why I am convinced that nobody knows a thing about god and all religions is is man making up the answer in which they can't possibly know. I'm continually amazed at how much of the world's population are still religious even though some of the blaring issues at hand. I'll probably just start with a few and add more. I have to say being raised Christian and being surrounded by christians, I'm more familiar with it so likely use christianity as the major example.

1. Every civilization, every region of the world, has their own religion. Own beliefs, own myths, etc. If the religious texts were really "inspired by god" than wouldn't god spread his word to the entire world, especially in a time when global travel was at a minimum? To me, just points to each local culture making up their own religion

2. Many people take the bible to be factually correct, but its just full of physically impossible events taking place. WHat, did magic only occur in ancient times? Also, ancient men were much more ignorant of the natural world as we are, and usually took natural events and put supernatural meaning to them.

3. Stories were passed down by word of mouth until written much later after supposed events, and humans love to exaggerate, hence why there are so many myths out there, humans taking real events and making them more extraordinary.

4. most of the so called "proof" that religious people claim are normal physiological phenomenon and them taking coincidence to mean some act of god. Or they pray and prayers are answered. Thing is, simple probability says if you pray for things enough, eventually its going to come true, doesn't mean god made it come true. Plus you run into the argument of "free will" which is used to explain away the horrors in the world, but wouldn't god performing a miracle go against "free will" also? And why out of the many horrible things in life would god just perform some random miracle here and there.

I'm pretty sure studying all religions would point out the same flaws.

Fact is, nobody has a clue about the nature of god, or whether god even exists. Belief does not mean knowing, its just wishful thinking that you know for sure.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    You are going to receive all forms of HELL AND FURY over this post because it is logical and makes sense.

3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The case against ALL religions not being true. Hmmmmm. OK.

I'm not the only one, I suspect.

4. JUDAH

JUDAH BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My religion is 100% accurate. It is yours that is false. You follow a religion that is led by homosexuals.

5. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    I know, usually do when it comes to discussing religion, but whatever. People have the amazing ability to delude themselves, its quite an amazing phenomenon

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Don't be so hard on the Democrats, Gregg. Many of them are waking up and realizing that their party has been hijacked by extremists.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. JUDAH

JUDAH BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dr Gregg you are wrong. I do not nor have I ever deluded myself. My religion is 100% accurate. It is yours that is false. You follow a religion that is led by homosexuals.

8. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    :cuckoo:

and you simply saying so is all it takes.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    You might notice that no one actually takes Gregg seriously. He is, in fact, terminally stupid. We are hoping that Obama can cure him by slapping him across the face but otherwise, the death panel will have to decide his fate.

10. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    While I think you might be right, the only thing between you and definite knowledge is death.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010