The case against ALL Religions not being true

Actually, you can see something along those lines pop up repeatedly through history.

During the Dark Ages when the Black Plague came around, people thought that it was demons that was making people sick.

It was actually fleas that had the virus in them, which were carried through by rats. People didn't see anything, so they figured it was demons and bad spirits.

The more we discover, the more we can see, but, the more we see, the more evidence there is that there is SOMETHING out there keeping everything in order, which makes us explore still further.

In a year and a half, on 11/10/01 (2011 October 01 which kinda looks like binary code), the hadron super collider will be able to smash particles at 99.999999 percent of the speed of light.

That's gonna be an interesting day.........

It's plain to see you don't understand God nor his plan ether.

Its plain to see you gave Dr Gregg a helluva lot of credit if you thought he understood how to tie his shoes.

yes, and you display your brilliance here.:cuckoo:

It's real scary how dumb people can be to believe shit like you post

I scared you?

Here have a piece of cake:

butt_l.jpg

Actually, you can see something along those lines pop up repeatedly through history.

During the Dark Ages when the Black Plague came around, people thought that it was demons that was making people sick.

It was actually fleas that had the virus in them, which were carried through by rats. People didn't see anything, so they figured it was demons and bad spirits.

The more we discover, the more we can see, but, the more we see, the more evidence there is that there is SOMETHING out there keeping everything in order, which makes us explore still further.

In a year and a half, on 11/10/01 (2011 October 01 which kinda looks like binary code), the hadron super collider will be able to smash particles at 99.999999 percent of the speed of light.

Promise ?

I've heard all the claims of how they know god, and its them putting meaning into natural events, something humans love to do. Take pure coincidence and add some sort of supernatural meaning. Take warm fuzzy feelings of clarity and claim that's god. These are normal physiological events, doesn't mean its god tickling our soul. In fact you can stimulate a similar experience with drugs

Lots of acid ? That explains a lot.

Promise ?

Yep.........it is because the things they've learned right now with it working at whatever level it is right now has been showing some very cool stuff.

When they get it to 99.99999 percent of the Big Bang, that is going to tell us immense things about how the Universe was made, which will expose a big piece of God.

Religion without science is crippled, and science without religion is blind. - Einstein.

First off, Yeshua was Jewish.

Second, a quick question..........WHY doesn't God perform miracles any longer? Is it because you're claiming He's lazy, retired, out of juice, whatever.......?

You do realize that limiting God in that way (stating He hasn't performed miracles), is blasphemous.

Is He dead? Are you a follower of Nietzche?

Why doesn't God perform miracles any longer?[/QUOTE]

Gods, you mean plural right?

I do anyway.

The Gods perform miracles all the time: Go outside during a lightning storm. The sky god may, or may not chose you.

But we can hope......

The OP is so incredibly detailed, scientific and summed up with such a Gordian Knot of logic that I'm incapable of understand its dimension and significance. It had to have been written by God himself. I am not worthy. :bowdown:

:lol:

Isn't this the same situation as with the other 200 threads regarding the same subject? Don't give up Dilloduck! THIS time we'll straighten it out!

I have puzzled over the idea that there is one god(Monotheistic claim) but many different religion.

It seems like God is delibrately trying to confuse man--like God did in the Tower of Babylon.

Is it possible that God does not want man to know him? If this is the case all religions that proclaim to teach god are false. However, if God wanted us to know him, we would know him without the aid of theologians. Something does not make sense here. I wonder if there is any one that can unravel this knot?

I wonder if there is any one that can unravel this knot?

We usually call him death! Strangley enough that is all we are given at birth. The absolute right to get the answer of that sole question! No one has been denied yet!

There is no gurantee that you will receive any answer when you die.

In fact, I do not know where that concept of "knowing the secrets of the universe upon death" comes from. Do you?

I'm going to point out a few thoughts on why I am convinced that nobody knows a thing about god and all religions is is man making up the answer in which they can't possibly know. I'm continually amazed at how much of the world's population are still religious even though some of the blaring issues at hand. I'll probably just start with a few and add more. I have to say being raised Christian and being surrounded by christians, I'm more familiar with it so likely use christianity as the major example.

1. Every civilization, every region of the world, has their own religion. Own beliefs, own myths, etc. If the religious texts were really "inspired by god" than wouldn't god spread his word to the entire world, especially in a time when global travel was at a minimum? To me, just points to each local culture making up their own religion
God selected Hebrews as his chosen people. The birth of Jesus changed all of that. Now even "Gentiles" are welcome.

2. Many people take the bible to be factually correct, but its just full of physically impossible events taking place. WHat, did magic only occur in ancient times? Also, ancient men were much more ignorant of the natural world as we are, and usually took natural events and put supernatural meaning to them.

The Bible was never intended to be taken completely historically word for word as fact. Jesus explained the concept of Parables which illustrate a moral and gives us examples of how to live. These parables never occurred but they are lessons in life.

3. Stories were passed down by word of mouth until written much later after supposed events, and humans love to exaggerate, hence why there are so many myths out there, humans taking real events and making them more extraordinary.

See the above explanation.

4. most of the so called "proof" that religious people claim are normal physiological phenomenon and them taking coincidence to mean some act of god. Or they pray and prayers are answered. Thing is, simple probability says if you pray for things enough, eventually its going to come true, doesn't mean god made it come true. Plus you run into the argument of "free will" which is used to explain away the horrors in the world, but wouldn't god performing a miracle go against "free will" also? And why out of the many horrible things in life would god just perform some random miracle here and there.

God doesn't perform miracles anymore. Jesus his son does.

I'm pretty sure studying all religions would point out the same flaws.

Fact is, nobody has a clue about the nature of god, or whether god even exists. Belief does not mean knowing, its just wishful thinking that you know for sure.

what's plain to see is I'm not deluded and I don't throw away logic and reasoning to believe the nonsense you posted above, which doesn't logically rebut anything I mentioned, it just makes excuses and lame attempts to rationalize the blaring problems with religion

Sorry....but it seems you don't know a thing about logic. I gave you a rational common-sense reason why the Bible shouldn't be taken literally 100% and you want to be insulting.

I seriously doubt you even understood what I said to you.

Whenever you want to discuss it with an open mind just let me know.
You just want to rant about how fucked up you think religion is.

The OP is so incredibly detailed, scientific and summed up with such a Gordian Knot of logic that I'm incapable of understand its dimension and significance. It had to have been written by God himself. I am not worthy. :bowdown:

:lol:

Isn't this the same situation as with the other 200 threads regarding the same subject? Don't give up Dilloduck! THIS time we'll straighten it out!

Swedes never quit

First off, Yeshua was Jewish. Course he's Jewish. Man you're one smart person dude.

Second, a quick question..........WHY doesn't God perform miracles any longer? Is it because you're claiming He's lazy, retired, out of juice, whatever.......? The only miracle you can count on from now on is through Jesus.

You do realize that limiting God in that way (stating He hasn't performed miracles), is blasphemous.

I never said he hasn't performed miracles. I said he's done because the best miracle he performed was giving us his son so we could be saved.

Is He dead? Are you a follower of Nietzche?

Why doesn't God perform miracles any longer?
Asked and answered.

Maybe you might want to go back and re-read the Bible abit.

Last edited:
1. Every civilization, every region of the world, has their own religion. Own beliefs, own myths, etc. If the religious texts were really "inspired by god" than wouldn't god spread his word to the entire world, especially in a time when global travel was at a minimum? To me, just points to each local culture making up their own religion

You assume god is a compelling author. I reject that axiom.
2. Many people take the bible to be factually correct, but its just full of physically impossible events taking place. WHat, did magic only occur in ancient times?

Chris Angel.
Also, ancient men were much more ignorant of the natural world as we are, and usually took natural events and put supernatural meaning to them.

Which doesn't mean they couldn't have stumbled into something correct. Many discoveries are the result of serendipity and stupid luck.
3. Stories were passed down by word of mouth until written much later after supposed events, and humans love to exaggerate, hence why there are so many myths out there, humans taking real events and making them more extraordinary.

Also, people tend to diminish and lose interest and 'killed ten million people with a moose antler and eteblished the Kingdom of Dog' becomes 'killed a bunch of people yadda yadda here we are today' :D
4. most of the so called "proof" that religious people claim are normal physiological phenomenon and them taking coincidence to mean some act of god.

Most? So you admit some is real proof? :D
Or they pray and prayers are answered. Thing is, simple probability says if you pray for things enough, eventually its going to come true, doesn't mean god made it come true. Plus you run into the argument of "free will" which is used to explain away the horrors in the world, but wouldn't god performing a miracle go against "free will" also? And why out of the many horrible things in life would god just perform some random miracle here and there.

'Free will' is not wholly incompatible with 'but sometimes God says 'Fuck That and changes the rules to suit the team he wants to win' Kinda liked a football game where the referees have been paid off.

The case against ALL Religions not being true

You've still yet to argue that one must be true, which your thread title promises you'd do.

I'm going to point out a few thoughts on why I am convinced that nobody knows a thing about god and all religions is is man making up the answer in which they can't possibly know. I'm continually amazed at how much of the world's population are still religious even though some of the blaring issues at hand. I'll probably just start with a few and add more. I have to say being raised Christian and being surrounded by christians, I'm more familiar with it so likely use christianity as the major example.

2. Many people take the bible to be factually correct, but its just full of physically impossible events taking place. WHat, did magic only occur in ancient times? Also, ancient men were much more ignorant of the natural world as we are, and usually took natural events and put supernatural meaning to them.

4. most of the so called "proof" that religious people claim are normal physiological phenomenon and them taking coincidence to mean some act of god. Or they pray and prayers are answered. Thing is, simple probability says if you pray for things enough, eventually its going to come true, doesn't mean god made it come true. Plus you run into the argument of "free will" which is used to explain away the horrors in the world, but wouldn't god performing a miracle go against "free will" also? And why out of the many horrible things in life would god just perform some random miracle here and there.

I'm pretty sure studying all religions would point out the same flaws.

Fact is, nobody has a clue about the nature of god, or whether god even exists. Belief does not mean knowing, its just wishful thinking that you know for sure.

you mean the moon really doesn't create light and that earth is 6000 years old as we receive images from billions of light years away?

Forum List

Back