The Bible, the only way to heaven

Have you ever read what Jesus said about and to those non-believing Jews? Try picking up a Bible and reading so.

I have. I've also read about what your messiah said about how it's HIS role to judge people and not YOUR role to throw the first stone. Funny how YOUR kind have become nothing less than pharisees, eh?

How is what he said anything like what a pharisee would say?

I'd say that parallel would be a lot closer to Jillie's label of "zealot" aimed at any person who dares to make a profession of faith.

zealot isn't my word... i adopted that from CB in his post ON THIS THREAD.

If you're going to trouble yourself with monitoring my vocabulary, feel free to do so correctly.

Nutter is a frequent one...

wingnut is another.

you can usually find those words in threads where you've posted

A Cynic would like a clarification. How does a temporary visit to heaven and hell equal eternal life?
You see, if you will spend an eternity in either place then you ALREADY have eternal life no matter what you do!!!

Now I was taught as a child that it was a TRICK OF THE DEVIL to offer you what you ALREADY had.

Hell is eternal torments and death, since he who does not enter heaven with Christ has died the second death, there are no temporary "visits" to either heaven or hell.

Hbr 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

That passage is talking about the physical death which is the first death when one leaves the physical world. The Bible does speak of a second death:

Rev 2:11
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

How to identify a zealot:

1. They always interject their religious beliefs in the forms of "teachings" into topics that are inherently not related to such, usually in the form of reciting or repeating some scriptural reference.

2. They insist that all other religions are wrong or evil regardless of the fact that they truly do not have more validity or truth in their own religion.

3. When their religion is insulted indirectly they will rant and cry foul even after the person who had done so apologizes.

4. Everything they disagree with that becomes law or any act that is different than them, no matter how unrelated, is considered an "attack" even when those involved are not focusing on the religious aspect of such.

It works in politics to, but meh, different topic.

Another telltale tactic they use is when you challenge them to support an assertion they made, they say "YOU look it up!". In other words you caught them bluffing.

The Bass can back up what he says, never challenge the Bass on that because your bluff will get called.

Not an insult, a metaphor.

But lost on those without the wits to understand the concept of a metaphor.

you are a stupid **** is a metaphor too then, eh?

No, but nice try. Keep working on it. Maybe you'll get it someday.

I'm pretty sure "it's" already "gotten".

pharisee christians crack me up. As if wielding the threat of hell and the promise of salvation like the last insulin shot amongst a crowd of diabetics is what ole jebus had in mind. Like Iv'e said over and again.. Sometimes it makes me sad to think that your type WONT be hearing "depart from me, I know ye not" since there is no god. At times I truly wish that your fairy tale were more than modern mythology just so you fake plastic christians could experience the largest dollop of disappointment ever.

This is circular reasoning, but since you don't understand the Bible why waste time trying to school you? Your heart already does not believe.

OK, the first premise was that you follow the Bible to get eternal life. We agree that is circular logic.

What makes the Bible the Word of God? The Bible! More circular reasoning.

You just have to believe it. So in essence what you are saying is that if you believe you will have eternal life you will believe you will have eternal life.

We can believe anything we want.

]

If you have you would have made such a stupid statement, but thats just typical Shogun, talking without coherently thinking.

I've also read about what your messiah said about how it's HIS role to judge people and not YOUR role to throw the first stone. Funny how YOUR kind have become nothing less than pharisees, eh?

Who's judging anyone? Non-believers always come up with the tired "only God can judge me so stop judging" excuse in order to obfuscate and duck the reality that they are sinners who willfully chose to reject the Word of God and instead chose to live a sinful life.

Have you ever read what Jesus said about and to those non-believing Jews? Try picking up a Bible and reading so.

I have. I've also read about what your messiah said about how it's HIS role to judge people and not YOUR role to throw the first stone. Funny how YOUR kind have become nothing less than pharisees, eh?

I'd say that parallel would be a lot closer to Jillie's label of "zealot" aimed at any person who dares to make a profession of faith.

I don't see Princess making any blanket statements about christians. Perhaps you can post a quote.

In essence, you've taken to wrapping the bible around YOUR vindictive opinion of salvation despite what jesus said about observing the OT. You've become, to THIS generation, what the pharisees, and their litigious mocking, was to the Big J Dawg himself. true story.

pharisee christians crack me up. As if wielding the threat of hell and the promise of salvation like the last insulin shot amongst a crowd of diabetics is what ole jebus had in mind. Like Iv'e said over and again.. Sometimes it makes me sad to think that your type WONT be hearing "depart from me, I know ye not" since there is no god. At times I truly wish that your fairy tale were more than modern mythology just so you fake plastic christians could experience the largest dollop of disappointment ever.

This is pathetic, quit being a coward and accept the fact that disobeying the Word of God brings a reward of eternal damnation, this is what the Bible says itself, not the Bass judging. Personally attacking Christians doesn't validate your position.

Hell is eternal torments and death, since he who does not enter heaven with Christ has died the second death, there are no temporary "visits" to either heaven or hell.

Hbr 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

That passage is talking about the physical death which is the first death when one leaves the physical world. The Bible does speak of a second death:

Rev 2:11
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

OK you admit the New testament contradicts the Old on the number of deaths.

Lets move on to the "eternal torments." To be "tormented" eternally implies an eternal AWARENESS and again confirms the Satanic offer is for something we already have, eternal life! .... Of torment maybe, but eternal life none the less and not a "second death."

How to identify a zealot:

1. They always interject their religious beliefs in the forms of "teachings" into topics that are inherently not related to such, usually in the form of reciting or repeating some scriptural reference.

2. They insist that all other religions are wrong or evil regardless of the fact that they truly do not have more validity or truth in their own religion.

3. When their religion is insulted indirectly they will rant and cry foul even after the person who had done so apologizes.

4. Everything they disagree with that becomes law or any act that is different than them, no matter how unrelated, is considered an "attack" even when those involved are not focusing on the religious aspect of such.

It works in politics to, but meh, different topic.

Another telltale tactic they use is when you challenge them to support an assertion they made, they say "YOU look it up!". In other words you caught them bluffing.

I would disagree with that, it's not a tactic and not exclusive to zealots. Often I am too lazy to dig through the thousands of references online to find specifically what I am talking about myself, especially when talking about something that was posted online more than a week before. It's also virtually impossible to find non-biased sources online, haven't seen many at all for anything, and you can't "link" most books on the web. So in many cases it's a valid request.

]

If you have you would have made such a stupid statement, but thats just typical Shogun, talking without coherently thinking.

I've also read about what your messiah said about how it's HIS role to judge people and not YOUR role to throw the first stone. Funny how YOUR kind have become nothing less than pharisees, eh?

Who's judging anyone? Non-believers always come up with the tired "only God can judge me so stop judging" excuse in order to obfuscate and duck the reality that they are sinners who willfully chose to reject the Word of God and instead chose to live a sinful life.

I hate to reming you, homey, but Jesus was a Jew and the Jews were CHOSEN for more than just the 144k that you think will actually enter heaven. There probably IS a real good reason why Jews pass on christianity when gentiles insist that, let's face it, the OLD cult is less valid than the NEW cult.

and no, I can quote the bible where you are SPECIFICALLY verboden to judge anyone because we ALL, even your silly black ass, falls short of the glory of god. Please, make me quote this verse. You want to wrap the scripture around what YOU think is allowed? so be it, ya charlatan pharisee. It's not YOUR place to judge an individual for their sin.. period. point. blank.

:cool:

I don't see Princess making any blanket statements about christians. Perhaps you can post a quote.

In essence, you've taken to wrapping the bible around YOUR vindictive opinion of salvation despite what jesus said about observing the OT. You've become, to THIS generation, what the pharisees, and their litigious mocking, was to the Big J Dawg himself. true story.

The post where she said anyone who believed the Bible was a zealot, dear. I already quoted it and colored it.

I have no vindictive opinion of salvation. What the hell would that be, anyway? Pharisees had people put to death for not observing their rules.

I don't put people to death, nor do I believe I should be putting people to death. That's the difference. I don't believe in the death penalty, I don't believe in abortion, I don't even believe in preventing someone from achieving political power if they are of a different (or no) religion.

Those are all lefty-isms.

This is pathetic, quit being a coward and accept the fact that disobeying the Word of God brings a reward of eternal damnation, this is what the Bible says itself, not the Bass judging. Personally attacking Christians doesn't validate your position.

Put your sword away, Peter!

:rofl:

If that is what you want to believe then so be it. Yet, it is still a FACT that your own unchristian behaviour thus far pretty much invalidates your place in heaven as well. So, maybe i'll run into you when we are both bobbing in that big ole lake of fire after all!

If you don't think your behaviour is judging non-christians then it makes sense why you wouldn't think that Prop 8 was cramming your dogma junkie beliefs down everyone else's throats.

OK you admit the New testament contradicts the Old on the number of deaths.

There is no contradiction and the Bible never contradicts itself, you just have a poor understanding of the scriptures, even worse than Shogun's.

Lets move on to the "eternal torments." To be "tormented" eternally implies an eternal AWARENESS and again confirms the Satanic offer is for something we already have, eternal life! .... Of torment maybe, but eternal life none the less and not a "second death."

More lack of understanding, this happens when one doesn't read the scriptures with understanding and inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

you are a stupid **** is a metaphor too then, eh?

No, but nice try. Keep working on it. Maybe you'll get it someday.

I'm pretty sure "it's" already "gotten".

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
- Albert Einstein
:eusa_angel:

The post where she said anyone who believed the Bible was a zealot, dear. I already quoted it and colored it.

I never said that.

Are you drinking and posting again? Cause now you've gone into pathological mode.

Friends don't let friends post drunk, hon...

step away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself.

*edit*

the actual statement

anyone who thinks their beliefs are the ONLY ones that get someone to heaven and feels the need to force those beliefs on others is a zealot.

I have no vindictive opinion of salvation. What the hell would that be, anyway? Pharisees had people put to death for not observing their rules.

I don't put people to death, nor do I believe I should be putting people to death. That's the difference. I don't believe in the death penalty, I don't believe in abortion, I don't even believe in preventing someone from achieving political power if they are of a different (or no) religion.

Those are all lefty-isms.

uh, have you ever heard Chuck in a thread about homosexuals? Yea, i'd bring up putting people to death for not obeying rules too!

And no, the DIFFERENCE is a matter of government influence. Pharisees had the kind of control that your kind only WISH they had. We've seen what happens when christians gain control. No one wants to see any more bonfires or dunkings.

uh, the death penalty is a lefty position, eh? Litigious Pharisee, indeed.

Put your sword away, Peter!

:rofl:

Great, now you're trolling, but this isn't new, same old Shogun behaviour when he's getting a Bass-whipping.

If that is what you want to believe then so be it. Yet, it is still a FACT that your own unchristian behaviour thus far pretty much invalidates your place in heaven as well. So, maybe i'll run into you when we are both bobbing in that big ole lake of fire after all!

There was nothing un-Christian in what the Bass has said because all of it is written in the scriptures so if you have a problem with that take it up with God.

If you don't think your behaviour is judging non-christians then it makes sense why you wouldn't think that Prop 8 was cramming your dogma junkie beliefs down everyone else's throats.

Christians are not supposed to support anything thats contra to the Word of God, regardless of whether its acceptable to man or not. Voting for Prop 8 is going against God and His Word and the Bass choses God over a bunch of sinful sodomites.

Forum List

Back