Buy a tiny bit of gold FIRST

You talking about your gold chain? Has it turned green yet?
I invest in select coins, because they are worth well over spot. As usual, you speak from a point of ignorance, trying desperately to be funny when you clearly lack the intellect to pull it off.
Poor odummy.
:itsok:

90% of the people that know me consider me a genius, and IQ tests agree. And yes you are a troll.
Big Hack Attack

High IQs invented everything that prevents all other people from living in a miserable undeveloped jungle. But unfortunately and submissively, the inventors (Prometheans) also created all the wealth of the plutocracy. So the plutocrats use their influencing power to get all other people to humiliate geniuses. The jealous flunkies of the plutocracy use the ignorant put-down, "If you're so smart, why aren't you rich?"

We could have cured cancer, etc., fifty years ago, but instead we went on strike because of people's insults and ingratitude. We were reacting to the unmanly real-life mandate, "If you're so smart, why haven't you made the rich richer?"

But dropping out or Big Bang Theory escapism got us nowhere. We should have used as our motto, "If you're so smart, why haven't you made the rich poorer?"

How many ADS tell you to buy gold? Using what? Dollars of course. So to the seller of gold, dollars are more valuable than their gold. Why else would they sell you GOLD.

But for the hell of it, if you want to experiment, buy a small bar. Take it with you to shop. Try to hand it to the clerk. The Clerk won't take it. And that my friends is why not to buy gold. You sell gold at a loss. The buyers discount the price. Ask them if you doubt this. I learned this years ago from a Coin Dealer who sold precious metals. My oldest daughter wanted gold. I got gold for her. She never was able to use it at stores. And the dealer took it back after his discount. Some want us back on the Gold standard. Why when you get rid of it at a discount?

You don't understand the purpose of gold in this scenario. It's an insurance policy. It's not something you buy to flip for a profit.

Gold is good in a depression because it's value shoots way up. If you buy gold at let's say 20 dollars an ounce and it's value in a depression is 50 dollars, you sell it for 40 and double your money. Then you use that money to pay for what you need.

But it also has value in trading it for tangible assets. My grandmother bought a 20 acre lot with a little bit of gold coin during the depression and it sat. Once things started coming back she built a house on it. The owners of the land desperately needed money so they happily sold her land.

Your scenario of buying a bar and taking it to a gold dealer as an example is also ludicrous. Of course they won't make you a profit because they need to make a profit.

Unfortunately, I'm not.
Silent, that is.
That’s why you’ve removed all doubt.

IMG_5320.jpeg

All I said is gold is a bet against the stock market. Plenty of very good investors have agreed with me.
Not in the last three months. With the coming dollar devaluation, you should buy silver coins for barter and gold bullion for wealth preservation.

Not in the last three months. With the coming dollar devaluation, you should buy silver coins for barter and gold bullion for wealth preservation.
Not sure, but I know that all countries must devalue their currency to survive.

Very buoyant
Gold up around 16.5% since mid Feb and "my" Silver up 21.5% over the same period .
Copper is another one to make money with , and you will also gain with Palladium , Platinum and Uranium .
Precious and Industrial metals will make you a million .

Difficult to give very accurate short term forecasts but I will be surprised if Gold is not close to 3000 by end year ( 2330 now) and Silver could be any price over 50.0 ( 27.30 now )

Obviously a high Oil price could hold back Silver in the short term but prices never rise steadily throughout . And May is nearly always a poor month .

On a trend basis It's all about the zig-zag having Higher Highs and Lower Lows .

Very buoyant
Gold up around 16.5% since mid Feb and "my" Silver up 21.5% over the same period .
Copper is another one to make money with , and you will also gain with Palladium , Platinum and Uranium .
Precious and Industrial metals will make you a million .

Difficult to give very accurate short term forecasts but I will be surprised if Gold is not close to 3000 by end year ( 2330 now) and Silver could be any price over 50.0 ( 27.30 now )

Obviously a high Oil price could hold back Silver in the short term but prices never rise steadily throughout . And May is nearly always a poor month .

On a trend basis It's all about the zig-zag having Higher Highs and Lower Lows .
I am liking the trend as I bought my gold in the 80s at around $350/oz.

I am liking the trend as I bought my gold in the 80s at around $350/oz.
Well done at that price .

I did not really load- up big until $1600 and since then have bought physical coins for investment from trading profits but also continuously held a significant amount for long term investment
Hence when Gold broke $2400 the other day I sold a substantial amount , waiting for the short term pull back before the next leg north .
It has not pulled back much because of war pressures and smart people getting out of the stock markets as fast as possible . But the principle is correct .

Seriously, someone will always want whiskey, or vodka, or scotch or rum ect....
I worked in the alcohol industry for 33 years. You've got serious competition. Alcohol will always sell--but not necessarily high end. The high end stuff will sell when times are good as people celebrate their good fortune---not so much when things go south and people are looking to drown their sorrows. Large corporations will hold steady, making things very difficult for the hobby merchants.

Forum List

Back