The Bible, the only way to heaven

If your God is willing to condemn me, a Non-Christian, to a fate of eternal torture and punishment even though I was righteous person and a believer of God - well then your God is not for me and your God is cruel.

You can believe in God all you like, even the demons believe and tremble, but failing to do His will means getting a reward of eternal punishment. The choice is yours, not God's to follow His Word and do His will.

Again, how can you experience punishment if you are not conscious of it??? Wouldn't you have to be aware you are being punished for it to be punishment??? And thus by being conscious of the sufferings of this punishment you are thus eternally alive ALREADY???
No second death!

Before bashing a Christian as judging someone why not read the Bible yourself first because you would find out it is you who is doing the judging, not the Bass, so before you accuse someone else of judging check yourself first genius.

Maybe you should go ahead and catch my bible reference before lectuing someone on reading the bible.
Matt 26
52"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

:thup:

Nobody is picking and choosing you idiot, the Bass is simply quoting exactly what the Bible says, not rendering his own judgement from within himself. If you're an unbelieving sinner and the shoe fits wear it, stop whining about people "judging" you to escape looking at yourself.

No, as a matter of fact you are. YOU judge non-believers, letalone gays, left and right on this forum. The FACT is that jebus never promised YOUR kind heaven just so you could wield salvation like a goddamn Shillelagh. If you don't fathom how starkly contrasting Jesus's own example differs from your own then, again, I only WISH your mythology were real so you'd hear those departing words.

Again, the Bass choses glorifying God rather than glorifying men and or doing things for the praise of men. Voting for Prop 8 isn't going to bring Christians closer to God and not voting for it isn't going to bring Christians closer to hell either. Jesus simply told his disciples to pay the tax with a coin so as not to offend the tax collectors which is why he said render to Caesar what is Caesar's. Marriage is a scared act that belongs to God so sodomites have no right to pimp and pervert that which is sacred to suit their sinful lifestyle.

Your "glorification of god" is nothing more than a bullshit straw man to hide behind while you throw stones at non believers. Voting for Prop 8 is EXACTLY the type of thing that makes your kind modern Pharisees. Again, if jesus lived according to YOUR testamony he'd have been busy infiltrating Rome and siezing enough authority to force himself onto everyone else. prop 8 style.

You didn't invent marriage. jesus didn't invent marriage. Hell, jews had marriage rituals before your messiah was even BORN! Who the hell are YOU to dictate whose relationships count in this secular United States? Oh yea.. duh.. modern pharisees.

nice judgment of homosexuals, by the way. Please, keep providing the punchline to your own joke.

or, be as self righteous as the Pharisees. Your call.

HA! oh so now IM the pharisee, eh?

:lol:

it's almost no fun rubbing your nose in your own faith, dude. for real.

Before bashing a Christian as judging someone why not read the Bible yourself first because you would find out it is you who is doing the judging, not the Bass, so before you accuse someone else of judging check yourself first genius.

Maybe you should go ahead and catch my bible reference before lectuing someone on reading the bible.
Matt 26
52"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

Nobody is picking and choosing you idiot, the Bass is simply quoting exactly what the Bible says, not rendering his own judgement from within himself. If you're an unbelieving sinner and the shoe fits wear it, stop whining about people "judging" you to escape looking at yourself.

No, as a matter of fact you are. YOU judge non-believers, letalone gays, left and right on this forum. The FACT is that jebus never promised YOUR kind heaven just so you could wield salvation like a goddamn Shillelagh. If you don't fathom how starkly contrasting Jesus's own example differs from your own then, again, I only WISH your mythology were real so you'd hear those departing words.

Again, the Bass choses glorifying God rather than glorifying men and or doing things for the praise of men. Voting for Prop 8 isn't going to bring Christians closer to God and not voting for it isn't going to bring Christians closer to hell either. Jesus simply told his disciples to pay the tax with a coin so as not to offend the tax collectors which is why he said render to Caesar what is Caesar's. Marriage is a scared act that belongs to God so sodomites have no right to pimp and pervert that which is sacred to suit their sinful lifestyle.

Your "glorification of god" is nothing more than a bullshit straw man to hide behind while you throw stones at non believers. Voting for Prop 8 is EXACTLY the type of thing that makes your kind modern Pharisees. Again, if jesus lived according to YOUR testamony he'd have been busy infiltrating Rome and siezing enough authority to force himself onto everyone else. prop 8 style.

You didn't invent marriage. jesus didn't invent marriage. Hell, jews had marriage rituals before your messiah was even BORN! Who the hell are YOU to dictate whose relationships count in this secular United States? Oh yea.. duh.. modern pharisees.

nice judgment of homosexuals, by the way. Please, keep providing the punchline to your own joke.

I fail to see the weird obsession non-believers have with the intent behind the faith of Christians.

We believe in Jesus, we believe in Hell. You don't believe. So why do you care what we believe? Because you really, really do care.

Charlie Bass...

The Bible itself, that compilation of several books, hardly constitutes a work of unison and doctrinal accord. This is exemplified in Christ’s overruling of O.T. Mosaic primitive barbarity and establishment of a new covenant.

The Bible ‘is’ and was indeed subject to change, and Christ himself had to reconstitute the Man-made customs, traditions and guess-work of Mosaic anthropomorphism, which formed the original scriptures into that genuine reflection of divine guidance espoused in N.T. gospel scriptures.

One cannot, as you suggest ‘follow the guidelines and commandments that the bible puts forth’ without facing the inherent layers of scriptural contradiction between testaments.

It is worth noting that the internalisation of such scriptural contradiction may lead to mental issues or fanaticism.

Matt 26

I fail to see the weird obsession non-believers have with the intent behind the faith of Christians.

We believe in Jesus, we believe in Hell. You don't believe. So why do you care what we believe? Because you really, really do care.

hey, don't blame us if your personal testimony does more to cripple the message of your faith than it does provide a reason to believe. If you act like a fucking hypocrite despite the very words of your own messiah then spare the rest of us the venom and judgement.

WHY? because you people have a near-OCD level of hysteria when it comes to making everyone else CONFORM to your biblical standard. Jesus never told you to vote on Prop 8. He sid that you should not be sucking dick (or, in your case eating pussy) for your PERSONAL salvation. He didn't say a damn thing about molding society into your little ideal bastion of jesusville complete with state sponsored discrimination. THAT is why people like me care when people like you confuse your role as christians.

Hardly, moonbat. I've never tried to use the state to force anything regarding religion down anyone's throat. My whole thing is to allow freedom of religion...in opposition of those who want to use the state to repress religion.

Look folks. It's really very simple. If you don't accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you're going to Hell. That's right, HELL! It doesn't matter whether you believe in it or not, you will burn in HELL for ALL of ETERNITY!!!!!

Well they don't believe in it, therefore you're a zealot and must be silenced, fined, and prevented from influencing anyone else!

There is no logical reason to take the Bible literally. There is no logical reason to insist that it is of unquestionable historical accuracy, or to insist that those who choose not to believe in its stories or subscribe to its teachings will be eternally damned. Those who focus on judging others and touting the superiority of Biblical teachings and morals are missing the point entirely. Re-read the Gospels. Better yet, read Thomas Jefferson's The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth - the Gospels without magic and supernatural ridiculousness.

Actually, there are plenty of logical and factual reasons to insist on the historical accuracy of the Bible. Which is why it's the "bible" of historians and archaeologists.

The rest, it's about faith. You get it or you don't, you believe or you don't. Whether you think we should or not, we do and we have the right to do so.

Hardly, moonbat. I've never tried to use the state to force anything regarding religion down anyone's throat. My whole thing is to allow freedom of religion...in opposition of those who want to use the state to repress religion.

Really? So, tell me.. how much PUSSY were you mandated to eat when gays were busy getting hitched in California? Feel free to link to the federal requirement. I'd love to see how YOU were forced to do anything.

No one is repressing your religion by keeping you from dunking witches either, dogma junkie.

You're mixing real life and Imaginary Land again, Shogun.

Or I could counter with an equally idiotic commentary....how many times has the state required you to submit unwillingly to full immersion baptism?

What a nutwad.

You're mixing real life and Imaginary Land again, Shogun.

Or I could counter with an equally idiotic commentary....how many times has the state required you to submit unwillingly to full immersion baptism?

What a nutwad.

Am I? Praytell. You INSIST that allowing gays to marry "forces homosexuality down your throat" so, by all means, how much gay sex were you forced to have while homos were getting married in Ca? Come on, baba... don't tell me that you were not affected one iota!

Full emersion baptism isn't what was at stake in prop 8. Lord fucking knows your kind wishes the First Amendment were clipped enough to allow exactly that.

What a holy rolling bitch.

Actually, there are plenty of logical and factual reasons to insist on the historical accuracy of the Bible.
No, there aren't. Demonstrate logically that the Bible is accurate and that people who choose not to follow it are going to hell.

The rest, it's about faith. You get it or you don't, you believe or you don't.
You've chosen the place your faith in Biblical accounts when they have no redeeming qualities that suggest they're of greater historical accuracy than Homer's Odyssey or The Epic of Gilgamesh. The Bible is a code of morals, not a history book. What you don't seem to understand is that the historical accuracy of Biblical allegories doesn't even matter; it's the moral teachings contained therein that you're supposed to be paying attention to. Believing that floods covered the entire world or that God created the world in seven days and insisting that these views are historically accurate is as silly as believing that Plato's allegory of the cave describes an actual historical event. You presumably were able to understand that "slow and steady wins the race" without taking the story of the tortoise and the hare literally, correct? Why are you and your ilk unable to do the same thing when it comes to the Bible?

Whether you think we should or not, we do and we have the right to do so.
And I'm free to point out the illogic in exercising that right.

Forum List

Back