Buy a tiny bit of gold FIRST

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
How many ADS tell you to buy gold? Using what? Dollars of course. So to the seller of gold, dollars are more valuable than their gold. Why else would they sell you GOLD.

But for the hell of it, if you want to experiment, buy a small bar. Take it with you to shop. Try to hand it to the clerk. The Clerk won't take it. And that my friends is why not to buy gold. You sell gold at a loss. The buyers discount the price. Ask them if you doubt this. I learned this years ago from a Coin Dealer who sold precious metals. My oldest daughter wanted gold. I got gold for her. She never was able to use it at stores. And the dealer took it back after his discount. Some want us back on the Gold standard. Why when you get rid of it at a discount?

How many ADS tell you to buy gold? Using what? Dollars of course. So to the seller of gold, dollars are more valuable than their gold. Why else would they sell you GOLD.

But for the hell of it, if you want to experiment, buy a small bar. Take it with you to shop. Try to hand it to the clerk. The Clerk won't take it. And that my friends is why not to buy gold. You sell gold at a loss. The buyers discount the price. Ask them if you doubt this. I learned this years ago from a Coin Dealer who sold precious metals. My oldest daughter wanted gold. I got gold for her. She never was able to use it at stores. And the dealer took it back after his discount. Some want us back on the Gold standard. Why when you get rid of it at a discount?
The only way I ever made money on gold was to sell gold I had prospected myself. I leased a claim on the feather river for a year once. It was a fun place to live, and I was in the area for a year contract. I wouldn't have gotten rich even if I had worked at it full time. Still it was fun taking it in to Sacramento and selling it.

you have a total misunderstanding the purpose of buying gold,,

it is solely for insurance purposes not investment or alternative money source,,

The only way I ever made money on gold was to sell gold I had prospected myself. I leased a claim on the feather river for a year once. It was a fun place to live, and I was in the area for a year contract. I wouldn't have gotten rich even if I had worked at it full time. Still it was fun taking it in to Sacramento and selling it.
I love that area of CA. Yes, you did not buy gold, you sold gold.

Gold is good because it keeps its value, more or less. If the dollar crashes like in the 1920s, your gold will still be worth a lot of money in the 1940s.... Whereas your dollars might be worth NOTHING.

Hyperinflation left lots of people with nothing, only those with tangible assets came out of it rich.

Gold is good because it keeps its value, more or less. If the dollar crashes like in the 1920s, your gold will still be worth a lot of money in the 1940s.... Whereas your dollars might be worth NOTHING.

Hyperinflation left lots of people with nothing, only those with tangible assets came out of it rich.
Take a bar of gold to the store. I bet you will get the shock of your life. Gold also fluctuates and at times starts falling pretty fast.

With Biden stumbling around, we just might have a major crash. Elon Musk speaks of it as well.

Physical gold is a hedge on inflation. The value increases as inflated currency value decreases. It is also a limited quantity that appreciates in most cases. It is worth roughly 62 times what it was worth in 1972. It is a stable investment.

The zimbabwe dollar is called the "zim".

In 12 years the zim went from 97 cents US...to one 50,000th of a penny US.

The zimbabwians who had a million zims in the bank STILL had a million zims in the bank...but those million zims would no longer buy a loaf of bread...not even a slice of bread...as a slice of bread now cost 35 million zims.

But the zimbabwians who had their wealth in gold LOST NOTHING!

I have a small amount of gold and silver just for that purpose. However, in recent years I think I found something worth investing in, something that will always be fungible, easy to barter with.
Name brand alcohol. I have several cases in safe storage. If the shit hits, all I need is a crap table and some desperate women and I'm in business!
Lol
Seriously, someone will always want whiskey, or vodka, or scotch or rum ect....

I have a small amount of gold and silver just for that purpose. However, in recent years I think I found something worth investing in, something that will always be fungible, easy to barter with.
Name brand alcohol. I have several cases in safe storage. If the shit hits, all I need is a crap table and some desperate women and I'm in business!
Lol
Seriously, someone will always want whiskey, or vodka, or scotch or rum ect....

Not if they can make their own.

Agreed, but that's not common, and it isn't Jack Daniels.

In a tight spot anything will sell.
You'd be better off buying a shitload of Everclear.
It's cheap and goes a long way.
People are gonna want a cheap buzz not something that'll cost em several hundred rounds of ammo for a bottle that'll be gone in one or two nights.

In a tight spot anything will sell.
You'd be better off buying a shitload of Everclear.
It's cheap and goes a long way.
People are gonna want a cheap buzz not something that'll cost em several hundred rounds of ammo for a bottle that'll be gone in one or two nights.
I have some. I use it for extractions and since it's just vodka, I like it too. Half the amount still makes a nice lemon drop.

Take a bar of gold to the store. I bet you will get the shock of your life. Gold also fluctuates and at times starts falling pretty fast.

Yes, it does. It's not a simple case of "gold will be worth this much"....

It's changed -3% in the last 30 days
-6.55% in the last 6 months.
+11.5% in the last year
+546% in the last 23 years.

Obviously the dollar has fluctuated in this time too.

The dollar is up $0.01 against the Euro for the last 30 days
Up $0.02 against Euro for the last 6 months
Down about $0.1 against the Euro in the last year.

Though there was a huge fluctuation last summer, went from $0.81 to $1.04 from January to end of September last year. That's a 28% increase, much higher than gold.

And that's against the Euro. Inflation has impacted most western countries.

Inflation going up 9.1% in a month, your gold isn't going to inflate that much, it's going to keep its value compared to inflation, rather than compared to the dollar (which inflated).

In August 2022 your gold went for $1,747 per ounce
In August 2023 your gold went for $1,897 per ounce

In August 2023 your $1,747 per ounce from 2022 went for $1,811

So, one ounce of gold bought in August 2022 would have earned you $86 compared to inflation, you could buy yourself a toy Ferrari with that.

With Biden stumbling around, we just might have a major crash. Elon Musk speaks of it as well.

It's not Biden's fault there'll be a crash. Crashes happened systematically because everyone in politics is on a short term goal, get re-elected, look good in the short term. Also the rich, who control everything, like boom and bust because they get richer and richer and richer every time there is a bust.

Forum List

Back