Buy a tiny bit of gold FIRST

I worked in the alcohol industry for 33 years. You've got serious competition. Alcohol will always sell--but not necessarily high end. The high end stuff will sell when times are good as people celebrate their good fortune---not so much when things go south and people are looking to drown their sorrows. Large corporations will hold steady, making things very difficult for the hobby merchants.
If the shit really hits the fan, and life becomes like a mad Max movie, I will be able to barter alcohol for whatever I need. If that doesn't happen before I die, my daughter will be surprised to inherit several cases of lack Daniels, cheap vodka, and other assorted bottles of booze. In that way it's a win-win situation.

If the shit really hits the fan, and life becomes like a mad Max movie, I will be able to barter alcohol for whatever I need. If that doesn't happen before I die, my daughter will be surprised to inherit several cases of lack Daniels, cheap vodka, and other assorted bottles of booze. In that way it's a win-win situation.
Don't you accept that Precious Metals have the same advantages and will replace fiat currency for barter ?

The benefits of PMs are that in principle they appeal to everybody , which Booze does not , and they are nuch more easily stored safely .

You could carry 300 Gold Sovereigns easily in one pocket , for example , and that is conservatively $150,000 now .
But just one bottle , if you are lucky .

We are edging toward 2400 again for Gold and psychologically that can then run to 2500 with the right background news propelling it .
I wonder what effect the imminent Bitcoin halving will have ? If any .

We are edging toward 2400 again for Gold and psychologically that can then run to 2500 with the right background news propelling it .
I wonder what effect the imminent Bitcoin halving will have ? If any .
The price went up to $2429 last evening on the news of the Iranian explosion. The world markets tanked on that same news.

It's not Biden's fault there'll be a crash. Crashes happened systematically because everyone in politics is on a short term goal, get re-elected, look good in the short term. Also the rich, who control everything, like boom and bust because they get richer and richer and richer every time there is a bust.
Every thing Biden has done is a recipe for a market crash and an economic collapse... the only thing saving him ironically is the come back from covid shut downs.... that he couldn't control or block....

The price went up to $2429 last evening on the news of the Iranian explosion. The world markets tanked on that same news.
That was just soppy hysteria . But today with the hysterics taught the usual lesson the price has ridden steadily .
And the more that people who have been conned over inflation realise the truth , it will run higher again and gold will surge apace .
Just love Gold and Silver .

All the central banks are stocking up on gold, and now the institutional investors are bailing out of stocks. I didn't think gold would go much higher than 1900 but I was wrong. Maybe I should buy some more. Silver may be the better buy, though.

The only way I ever made money on gold was to sell gold I had prospected myself. I leased a claim on the feather river for a year once. It was a fun place to live, and I was in the area for a year contract. I wouldn't have gotten rich even if I had worked at it full time. Still it was fun taking it in to Sacramento and selling it.
We all know that you can't live on a gold mining claim.

That was just soppy hysteria . But today with the hysterics taught the usual lesson the price has ridden steadily .
And the more that people who have been conned over inflation realise the truth , it will run higher again and gold will surge apace .
Just love Gold and Silver .
Where does a gold price ride to?

Where does a gold price ride to?

Who told you that a piece of Gold can ride a horse ?
But I must admit that unlike you I do not watch any children's TV programmes .

But I guess to a taxidermist if it wishes to get stuffed .

All the central banks are stocking up on gold, and now the institutional investors are bailing out of stocks. I didn't think gold would go much higher than 1900 but I was wrong. Maybe I should buy some more. Silver may be the better buy, though.
I certainly think Silver has the potential to explode in price this year and to at least double its present ca.$28 .
It is generally considered to be the most manipulated of all markets but I am 100% convinced that the upward pressures are so great that even J.P. Morgan will be forced to allow market forces to take over and dictate .

There are very sound arguments to support a forecast way up on $50 and there are many gifted and succesful experts who see it at $500 within a couple of years .

In mentioning only $50 myself , I am deliberartely trying to be conservative in case Universe decides to be contrary and refuse to do what it is supposed to .

Forum List

Back