The attempt to refrain the gun control debate

Let me just say that, as a parent, I would be thrilled to know that my child's teacher will defend him with her life. But I would be more thrilled to know that she will defend him with a gun.

I have been listening to the pundits talk about the need to get guns out of the hands of crazy people, and how happy they are that Obama said something needs to be done to stop tragedies like the one today. What, exactly, are the alternatives? We have no way to determine if someone is going to flip out and go on a shooting spree. Even if we did, what are we going to do? If we put them in a database that prevents them from buying a gun what is to stop them from stealing one? Should we require everyone to be tested, and lock everyone who the tests identify as a danger up? Do we really want to create a society that locks people up because they might do something?

The way I see it is we have two choices, either deny everyone freedom, or accept the fact that crazy people are going to do crazy things. If anyone has an actual alternative to those options I would love to hear it.

Alternatives? Easy. Outlaw war guns. AR 15's, AK's, ect. Limit the magazine capacity for all civilian weopons. Stop putting killing and guns on a pedestal. The whole psychological schtick is sick.

Look at the things people are saying on this board. Someone talks about politics, and you get phrases like "lock and load", "second amendment solutions", "revolution", easy little phrases that roll off the tongue, and all mean killing fellow Americans. Of course "I don't mean that!". Well, then what the hell do you mean? And what do you think the fruitloops think you mean? They actually are acting out your sick fantasies.

This guy did not use a war gun, he used two pistols, and there is absolutely no evidence he used extended clips. The only people who are even close to putting killing on a pedestal are the idiots who turn these shootings into an opportunity for ratings, every fracking major network devoted themselves to speculating about this yesterday. Why not make that illegal?

You want to abolish people's rights, what do you expect them to say? If I went out and started a debate about outlawing every car in America every time there was an accident how would you react? Maybe we should ba cell phones since they are annoying.

Yea for the fuking NRA gun nuts right here.
You all keep on doing nothing about this type of situation and conceed the gun control debate to the crazy killers and the Democrats.
You gun nuts will not like the way the debate goes if you all are not willing to do anything to help. Or at least LOOK like you are doing something to help.

You all keep on doing nothing about this type of situation and conceed the gun control debate to the crazy killers and the Democrats.
You gun nuts will not like the way the debate goes if you all are not willing to do anything to help. Or at least LOOK like you are doing something to help.

Amazingly enough, shitstain, there's a HUGE difference between "doing nothing" and "doing something stupid just to feel like I'm not helpless". What you fucktards are constantly suggesting falls under the heading of "something stupid", and regardless of what you believe, is NOT the only possible thing to do.

Furthermore, I am not interested, now or ever, in advancing your political agenda just because you screech, "For the children!" like a bizarre parrot. Feel free to call me "fuking [sic] NRA gun nut" or whatever else you want. Trust me when I tell you that for me to care any less about YOUR opinion than I do right at this second would require a major revision of the laws of physics. Words cannot express the extent to which you are a meaningless, worthless, pissant of a non-entity in my worldview.

Amazingly enough, shitstain, there's a HUGE difference between "doing nothing" and "doing something stupid just to feel like I'm not helpless". What you fucktards are constantly suggesting falls under the heading of "something stupid", and regardless of what you believe, is NOT the only possible thing to do.

Furthermore, I am not interested, now or ever, in advancing your political agenda just because you screech, "For the children!" like a bizarre parrot. Feel free to call me "fuking [sic] NRA gun nut" or whatever else you want. Trust me when I tell you that for me to care any less about YOUR opinion than I do right at this second would require a major revision of the laws of physics. Words cannot express the extent to which you are a meaningless, worthless, pissant of a non-entity in my worldview.

I bet you think you're funny. After yesterday good people are very concerned with protecting their children, sorry you find a little bit of discussion about a current even so darn threatening..talk about bizarre? Not so tough for a Dominatrix, huh? :lol:

Let me just say that, as a parent, I would be thrilled to know that my child's teacher will defend him with her life. But I would be more thrilled to know that she will defend him with a gun.

The idea of requiring teachers to be armed is silly nonsense...

Lanza's mother took him shooting many times.

He used her guns to kill 28 people.

Isn't gun ownership great?

He could have run his mother over in the driveway then plow into the children at recess. How can you stop a violent impulse? :dunno:

He could have run his mother over in the driveway then plow into the children at recess. How can you stop a violent impulse? :dunno:

The easy availablity of guns increases the lethality of violence.

A fist fight becomes a gun fight.

Violent crime is at its lowest level in 60 years.

I think these mass shootings by young men is influenced by video games.

The adult woman found at the secondary crime scene was related to the shooter, a police news release said, and many media outlets have reported it was the shooter's mother, Nancy Lanza.

POLICE INVESTIGATE THE GUNS

Nancy Lanza legally owned a Sig Sauer and a Glock, both handguns of models commonly used by police, and a military-style Bushmaster .223 M4 carbine, according to law enforcement officials who also believe Adam Lanza used at least some of those weapons.

"We're investigating the history of each and every weapon and we will know every single thing about those weapons," Vance said.

Nancy Lanza was an avid gun collector who once showed him a "really nice, high-end rifle" that she had purchased, said Dan Holmes, owner of a landscaping business who recently decorated her yard with Christmas garlands and lights. "She said she would often go target shooting with her kids."

Police find good evidence on motive for Connecticut school massacre | Reuters

According to reports, he used his mothers legally owned pistol and left the semi-automatic rifle in the car...

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of gun violence. Why? Because a gun in the house is much more likely to be used by an angry spouse or depressed teenager to kill themselves or others, than it is to be used for self defense.

Many of our freedoms increase risk...

No, they won't, because saving lives isn't really their goal, however much they say it is.
It never is. Greater government control over individual lives is. Always.

I don't believe there is any hidden agenda to disarm private citizens so as to better control us or somehow overpower citizens militarily.

It's rational to consider what "well regulated" means when it comes to protecting the rights as well as the security of every citizen...
Every society that has disarmed its citizens has gone on to exert greater and greater control over their lives.

Oh, so YOU know how to get criminals to obey the law?

Let's hear it.

The idea of requiring teachers to be armed is silly nonsense...
She said nothing about requiring it.

But it should be an option for those teachers who want to undergo the training.

You don't think at all.

The authoritarian's plea is always the same: "We're doing this to protect you. We don't want anyone to come to any harm. We're doing it for the kids."

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of gun violence. Why? Because a gun in the house is much more likely to be used by an angry spouse or depressed teenager to kill themselves or others, than it is to be used for self defense.

You just said "Violent crime is at its lowest level in 60 years." which is long before video games and present gun ownership prevalence. Considering this particular crime occurred without some outrageous assault weapon, I am just trying to hash out some sort of rationale... Weren't people who are already predisposed to violence and suicidal ideation going to find a way anyway?

Forum List

Back