The attempt to refrain the gun control debate

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of gun violence. Why? Because a gun in the house is much more likely to be used by an angry spouse or depressed teenager to kill themselves or others, than it is to be used for self defense.
That study was incredibly flawed.

But it FEELS right to you, so you accept it as fact.

Let me just say that, as a parent, I would be thrilled to know that my child's teacher will defend him with her life. But I would be more thrilled to know that she will defend him with a gun.

The idea of requiring teachers to be armed is silly nonsense...
She said nothing about requiring it.

But it should be an option for those teachers who want to undergo the training.

Maybe she didn't but several others have and IMO it's laughable...

Last edited:

No "maybe" about it. She didn't.

And I haven't seen anyone else advocate it. Got link?

I saw a few people in the other thread say it and Cecilie has been spewing in several threads on this topic, which I haven't bothered to read all of her posts so I don't know whether she did. Funny you think it matters? For starters, you can go back and read my post you responded to and find that I did not even say that she did. Then you can go to the other thread and see for yourself.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/267585-elementary-school-shooting.html#post6493814

He could have run his mother over in the driveway then plow into the children at recess. How can you stop a violent impulse? :dunno:

The easy availablity of guns increases the lethality of violence.

A fist fight becomes a gun fight.

Violent crime is at its lowest level in 60 years.

I think these mass shootings by young men is influenced by video games.

Many of our freedoms increase risk...

Yeah, well, freedom involves personal responsibility, and as such is a scary, dangerous thing.

It still beats being a slave, though.

Let me just say that, as a parent, I would be thrilled to know that my child's teacher will defend him with her life. But I would be more thrilled to know that she will defend him with a gun.

My proposal is for each school to have a trained first-response team of teachers. They would all be volunteers, and they would all undergo training with the weapons and qualify with them regularly, the way law enforcement and military do. They would carry the weapons on their persons while at the school, so as to be ready to immediately deal with any threat that was posed without having to hassle with going back to their rooms and unlocking a desk or a safe before proceeding to the danger.

I saw a few people in the other thread say it and Cecilie has been spewing in several threads on this topic, which I haven't bothered to read all of her posts so I don't know whether she did. Funny you think it matters? For starters, you can go back and read my post you responded to and find that I did not even say that she did. Then you can go to the other thread and see for yourself.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/267585-elementary-school-shooting.html#post6493814

Okay, others have advocated it. My apologies.

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of gun violence. Why? Because a gun in the house is much more likely to be used by an angry spouse or depressed teenager to kill themselves or others, than it is to be used for self defense.

You know why people who own guns are more likely to die of gun violence? Because they're also more likely to live in violent, high-crime neighborhoods, which is why they bought the gun in the first place.

The study doesn't say they're more likely to be killed BY THEIR OWN GUN. Leftists just assume that's what it means.

Yea for the fuking NRA gun nuts right here.
You all keep on doing nothing about this type of situation and conceed the gun control debate to the crazy killers and the Democrats.
You gun nuts will not like the way the debate goes if you all are not willing to do anything to help. Or at least LOOK like you are doing something to help.

I think there have been a lot of solid suggestions from the gun rights advocates about how to deal with this. Unfortunately, the gun control nutcases think the only solution is restricting gun rights.

Okay, others have advocated it. My apologies.

Since it wasn't me, though, it's still irrelevant in responding to MY posts. So you were correct in that.

My proposal is for each school to have a trained first-response team of teachers. They would all be volunteers, and they would all undergo training with the weapons and qualify with them regularly, the way law enforcement and military do. They would carry the weapons on their persons while at the school, so as to be ready to immediately deal with any threat that was posed without having to hassle with going back to their rooms and unlocking a desk or a safe before proceeding to the danger.
I think that's a fine idea. Plus, it should be well-publicized to discourage potential shooters.

Yea for the fuking NRA gun nuts right here.
You all keep on doing nothing about this type of situation and conceed the gun control debate to the crazy killers and the Democrats.
You gun nuts will not like the way the debate goes if you all are not willing to do anything to help. Or at least LOOK like you are doing something to help.

I think there have been a lot of solid suggestions from the gun rights advocates about how to deal with this. Unfortunately, the gun control nutcases think the only solution is restricting gun rights.

That's because they're not trying to solve the problem of stopping school shootings or making our children safer. They're trying to solve the problem of creating an ideal leftist world where guns don't exist.

You know why people who own guns are more likely to die of gun violence? Because they're also more likely to live in violent, high-crime neighborhoods, which is why they bought the gun in the first place.

The study doesn't say they're more likely to be killed BY THEIR OWN GUN. Leftists just assume that's what it means.
Leftists truly do think that their wishes define reality.

It's because they can't handle the real one.

Lanza's mother took him shooting many times.

He used her guns to kill 28 people.

Isn't gun ownership great?

He could have run his mother over in the driveway then plow into the children at recess. How can you stop a violent impulse? :dunno:

The easy availablity of guns increases the lethality of violence.

A fist fight becomes a gun fight.

Violent crime is at its lowest level in 60 years.

I think these mass shootings by young men is influenced by video games.

I think your lack of critical think is influenced by movies and TV.

If you own a car your children are more likely to die as a result of car violence.

I think that's a fine idea. Plus, it should be well-publicized to discourage potential shooters.

Exactly. We may not be able to stop crazy people from executing mass murders, but we can at least take our schools off the list of possible targets.

Forum List

Back