Why is this Country going nuts ?

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
27 dead, including gunman, at Conn. school | General Headlines | Comcast

27 dead, including gunman, at Conn. school
A man opened fire inside the Connecticut elementary school where his mother worked Friday, killing 26 people, including 18 children, and forcing students to cower in classrooms and then flee with the help of teachers and police.

The death toll — 26 victims plus the gunman — was given to The Associated Press by an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was still under way.

Seems to be everyday ,is it from just nut cases ,or hopelessness , direction of the Country.This shit needs to stop ,we are heading down a dark road....

When I heard of this this morning, I asked myself the same question. I wish that I had an answer. There is only one, at least in my opinion. Evil, pure and simple. I don't really know how else one could possibly quantify it any other way.

18 babies!?! for the love of God, why!?! Nothing more than pure evil could explain this. I have spent the last hour or so praying for the families of those who have lost loved ones. Unfortunately, this is happening more and more often in this world, and in particular, the United States.

I'm not interested in your worthless politics and your snarky responses (regardless of party) now is not the time. Now is the time to hug your loved ones and to pray, in your own way, that this evil will stop.

I don't think it's just one or two things, but I do think one contributing factor is the hot-headed words of anger we constantly see and hear in the media; it feeds on itself, especially with those who are susceptible to suggestion. This is how those words can manifest in certain situations.

A little too early to start pointing fingers in this particular incident but I suspect a highly paranoid individual thinking the world is actually going to end in a few days. I also decline to talk about this sick horror in a political sense until the dead are buried and we know something concerning motive, as should we all.

Last edited:
Blasting the killer's name and picture for days on end all over the goddam air doesn't help.

Making the killer the star of the feature is giving him exactly what he wanted, and sending a message to the next wannabe star.

People are sick, and there isn't one magic bullit (no pun intended) that will fix them. You won't legislate it away, and you can't arm elementary school students.

About the only thing you can do is not speak or print the shooters name.

Well lets see, HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT for the last FIVE YEARS, gas prices draining peoples wallets, food prices going through the roof...

WELCOME to the ObamaNation, expect things to get EVEN WORSE

Blasting the killer's name and picture for days on end all over the goddam air doesn't help.

Making the killer the star of the feature is giving him exactly what he wanted, and sending a message to the next wannabe star.

Unavoidable, we will be fascinated with the monster because frankly in our relatively safe western world they are rare fabulous creatures worthy of study. We recoil in horror but then lean in real close to the tube to attempt to figure out such a senseless act. We are sick the same as humans have always been sick, media just aggravates the condition.

A little too early to start pointing fingers in this particular incident but I suspect a highly paranoid individual thinking the world is actually going to end in a few days. I also decline to talk about this sick horror in a political sense until the dead are buried and we know something concerning motive, as should we all.

The first time I read your post I was mildly impressed, but now the more I see your fellow lefties using it for political points, the more I want to give you rep for this.

Done.

As I see it:

America has cultivated a uniquely violent culture. We are a gun culture; Hollywood emits a continuous stream of ultra-violent films. Our video game industry is based upon violence. Our foreign policy is based upon violence. Our nation berates the idea of national health care; kindliness is not acceptable.

The predominant religion in the U.S.--Christianity--teaches followers that they will be forgiven from all sin if they merely profess their faith in Jesus, no matter what crimes they commit.

What if Buddhism is correct, though? What if America is steering karma in a downward spiral? What if we actually have to pay a price for evil behavior?

How many innocents has America killied in international wars over the last 50 years?

Violence begets violence, and karma ripens.

Is it any wonder that in this liberal economy, that the weakest among us are losing their grip on their morality and killing people?

I know. The answer it to restrict people more!!!!

The first time I read your post I was mildly impressed, but now the more I see your fellow lefties using it for political points, the more I want to give you rep for this.

Done.

I say this every time something like this happens and mean it. I can't even imagine how this could benefit any political cause I care about and am not going to cheapen this tragedy by trying. I may feel different later if the facts in this incident exposes some glaring flaw in policy but it's probably one of those things that could not have been prevented in any way that respects due process or individual fredom.

Forum List

Back