The 5 Worst Things About Getting Older

I'm fine with getting older. I am didn't (had a stroke at age 50).

1. Get to go to university for free! *And* pick what classes I want!
2. I can sleep in or get up early, my choice.
3. Eat dessert for dinner!
4. I can spend all day in the woods looking for shrooms, rather than having to go to work.
5. Handsome young men at the campus help me across icy patches.
6. Grandchildren are wonderful and you don't have to raise them and put up with their teenage issues.
7. Yeah sometimes your stuff hurts but that's why the ancients invented ibuprofen.
8. Being surprised when you see a group photo of kids you went to h.s. with on the h.s. FB page, and marvel at how old they all are.

Taking 3 days to get over a hangover. Used to be able to party until 2 or 3 and shake it off by 8.

Not sure when it first happened, but I found myself having to be careful when I sit down so I don't crush my nuts by sitting on them..

One more thing I like about my age: being able to afford a decent digital camera and to live in a place with dark night skies. I took this photo of Comet 46P/Wirtanen an hour ago. It is the fuzzy green blotch below and slightly to the right of the Pleiades asterism. The light at the horizon is a lighthouse out on Lake Superior.
comet wirtanen 12-15-18c.jpg

One more thing I like about my age: being able to afford a decent digital camera and to live in a place with dark night skies. I took this photo of Comet 46P/Wirtanen an hour ago. It is the fuzzy green blotch below and slightly to the right of the Pleiades asterism. The light at the horizon is a lighthouse out on Lake Superior.View attachment 234912

Where the hell is the Pleiades asterism?

One more thing I like about my age: being able to afford a decent digital camera and to live in a place with dark night skies. I took this photo of Comet 46P/Wirtanen an hour ago. It is the fuzzy green blotch below and slightly to the right of the Pleiades asterism. The light at the horizon is a lighthouse out on Lake Superior.View attachment 234912

Where the hell is the Pleiades asterism?

Currently it is in the southeastern sky, if you are in the U.S. Are you familiar with the constellation Orion? The Pleiades are located above and to Orion's right. They're a fuzzy little group of stars tightly clustered together to our view; with a telescope you can pick out individual stars. BTW, Subaru is Japanese for the Pleiades.... hence the star logo!

I Take a healthy pee at 7 sharp each day. Then around nine a nice bowel movement. My problem is I cant wake up before noon!

The 5 Worst Things About Getting Older

1. Limp dick

2. Have to wear glasses

3. You get confused.

4. You think Betty white looks hot

MV5BMjA2OTA5NTUyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjMwNzYzMw@@._V1_UY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Looking at HS classmates and childhood friends and seeing HOW FUCKING OLD they look. And realizing you look just as old.

The owner of the local restaurant asked me what I was gonna do the rest of the day as I was paying my lunch bill. "Well, I said, I figure to go home and take a two hour nap, then get up and go to bed".

Lol.

Mark

The owner of the local restaurant asked me what I was gonna do the rest of the day as I was paying my lunch bill. "Well, I said, I figure to go home and take a two hour nap, then get up and go to bed".

Lol.

Mark

Lol exactly ....

I used to make it a point to pass at least 2 dykes in Spandex that thought they were hot shit on a bike when I went riding.

Now I'm pedaling in low gear. :(

I'm still only 34, but I've always looked much younger than I am, so up until a few years ago I was still being carded for booze, and it was kinda annoying. Now I get annoyed when the dude in front of me gets carded, and I don't.

Forum List

Back