The 5 Worst Things About Getting Older

Watching others make the same stupid decisions you once made.... like voting for democrats.
I don't care about the voting thing. However, biting My tongue and watching My children, step-children and grandchildren make the same mistakes I did and knowing that I have to let them make those mistakes. Sometimes, it just kills Me.

The 5 Worst Things About Getting Older

New year's comes and you fall asleep by 7pm

You rent a movie at red box and you fall asleep during the commercials..

You light a cigarette at the wrong end

I'm still only 34, but I've always looked much younger than I am, so up until a few years ago I was still being carded for booze, and it was kinda annoying. Now I get annoyed when the dude in front of me gets carded, and I don't.

Ahh hell I could still pass for a 25 year old .

It's just my body is dying..

I am going to be a contrarian here. Am I half the man I used to be? Yes. But the genes and modern science have blessed me and I can do most everything I used to do, just not as fast. No prostate cancer cause they took it out. No back problem cause they put in a coflex device. Let’s just say modern science has a solution for almost any sex problem. I outwork thirty somethings that say their back hurts. The mind sometimes has lapses but I figure if I notice them I am still ok. I have taken up acupuncture and find it mysteriously exhilarating. There are so many things going on in my life I don’t have a chance or a reason to become bored. Paying the bills is not a problem. Large and close family. Uncountable blessings to the point I almost feel guilty.positive energy and positive outlook. No one knows what the future will bring but I am very lucky and grateful. Life is good.

old-people-couple-together-connected-1024x678.jpg

This instantly caught my attention!

1. Physical deterioration

Different with each individual. My knees are shot and affect my mobility. But, my heart’s strong and I see not loss in mental acuity.

2. Loss

We all lose people we love and things we enjoy at all ages.

3. Looking old

A matter of ego.

4. Achieving your dreams and NOT achieving your dreams

The worst thing anyone can have is the, “If I only...” syndrome.

5. Dwindling excitement

Again, it’s a matter of personal beliefs and desires

The author’s explanation for these can be found @ The 5 Worst Things About Getting Older | John Hawkins' Right Wing News
I'm 51 and I can out lift, out work, out drink, and out think guys half my age.

old-people-couple-together-connected-1024x678.jpg

This instantly caught my attention!

1. Physical deterioration

Different with each individual. My knees are shot and affect my mobility. But, my heart’s strong and I see not loss in mental acuity.

2. Loss

We all lose people we love and things we enjoy at all ages.

3. Looking old

A matter of ego.

4. Achieving your dreams and NOT achieving your dreams

The worst thing anyone can have is the, “If I only...” syndrome.

5. Dwindling excitement

Again, it’s a matter of personal beliefs and desires

The author’s explanation for these can be found @ The 5 Worst Things About Getting Older | John Hawkins' Right Wing News
I'm 51 and I can out lift, out work, out drink, and out think guys half my age.
Welll, I'd buy the out drink part.

Listening to a mouthpiece in a public place and worrying if I get in his face I'll leave with an ass whippin.............times are close. Hopefully I'll be dead before that happens.

Being old has its advantages. Everything I buy comes with a lifetime guarantee; there is always something in my mailbox (usually ads for hearing aids and Medicare supplements); and I remember the great music from the 50s and 60s. Of course, the mind doesn't work like it used to but that's a good thing. God, in His infinite wisdom, decreed that the mind would be the first thing to go. That way we don't worry so much when the really important things don't work anymore.

Youth has its advantages but age with its experience and increased knowledge is indispensable to the progress of humanity.

I would much prefer to live in a world where everyone was over 50 than an ungovernable world in which everyone was so young they thought they knew everything and too immature to know they did not. Youth, energy and passion will move the world but wisdom moves it in the right direction.

I'm 79, still learning and still lifting weights; still enjoying life.

Oh, I don't look as good as I did when I was young and I really don't give a damn. My lady, my wife, who has aged right along with me, still enjoys my touch and that is all that matters.

Yes, there are problems with age, but no stage of life is pain-free and euphoric. One last thought:

Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in His hand
Who saith "A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!''

From Rabbi Ben Ezra
By Robert Browning

Being old has its advantages. Everything I buy comes with a lifetime guarantee; there is always something in my mailbox (usually ads for hearing aids and Medicare supplements); and I remember the great music from the 50s and 60s. Of course, the mind doesn't work like it used to but that's a good thing. God, in His infinite wisdom, decreed that the mind would be the first thing to go. That way we don't worry so much when the really important things don't work anymore.

Youth has its advantages but age with its experience and increased knowledge is indispensable to the progress of humanity.

I would much prefer to live in a world where everyone was over 50 than an ungovernable world in which everyone was so young they thought they knew everything and too immature to know they did not. Youth, energy and passion will move the world but wisdom moves it in the right direction.

Oh, I don't look as good as I did when I was young and I really don't give a damn. My lady, my wife, who has aged right along with me, still enjoys my touch and that is all that matters.

Yes, there are problems with age, but no stage of life is pain-free and euphoric. One last thought:

Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,

From Rabbi Ben Ezra
By Robert Browning
Thank you. Mind if I borrow?

Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,

From Rabbi Ben Ezra
By Robert Browning

Of course not. Thanks for your kind response.

Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,

From Rabbi Ben Ezra
By Robert Browning

Of course not. Thanks for your kind response.
Who do I cite?

Forum List

Back