The 5 Worst Things About Getting Older

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
old-people-couple-together-connected-1024x678.jpg

This instantly caught my attention!

1. Physical deterioration

Different with each individual. My knees are shot and affect my mobility. But, my heart’s strong and I see not loss in mental acuity.

2. Loss

We all lose people we love and things we enjoy at all ages.

3. Looking old

A matter of ego.

4. Achieving your dreams and NOT achieving your dreams

The worst thing anyone can have is the, “If I only...” syndrome.

5. Dwindling excitement

Again, it’s a matter of personal beliefs and desires

The author’s explanation for these can be found @ The 5 Worst Things About Getting Older | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

Having to turn up the volume on the T.V.

Having to take a leak more often. LOL

There have been little signs over the past few years that have been telling me that I'm getting older.

One of them put me into a funk for a day or so. Even though I'm 54, I still like to go out and ride my bicycle for exercise and fun. When I was younger, I was capable of cruising at 25, and have been clocked at speeds in excess of 66 mph.

Well, I went out riding one day, and had a decent tailwind, so I was enjoying being able to ride at around 25 mph without getting too winded. Halfway to my turn point, some young dude shouted "on your left" (standard passing protocol), and passed me doing around 30. I spent the next couple of miles trying to keep up with him, but saw him slowly leave me in the dust. Learning that your pistons for your bike (legs) aren't as strong and powerful as they once were is kinda humbling.

Another one happened just last week. I slept wrong that night and woke up with a wrenched lower back. Had to take muscle relaxers for 5 days to get it back to normal. When I was younger, I'd simply jump on my bike and ride 10 miles or so, and the knots would all relax and go back to normal.

I have no real "worst" things about getting old at 69. Conservatives still suck.

Different with each individual. My knees are shot and affect my mobility. But, my heart’s strong and I see not loss in mental acuity.

2. Loss

3. Looking old

A matter of ego.

5. Dwindling excitement

The author’s explanation for these can be found @ The 5 Worst Things About Getting Older | John Hawkins' Right Wing News
The five best things about getting older ( I'm 71) :

1. I don't have to work or deal with office politics ,the job market and have leisurely mornings

2. I have time to work out 2-3 Hours a day which has staved off the worst effects of aging

3. I have time for family and friends

4. I have time for the things that I like to do like cooking and gardening.

5. I don't cum to quickly any more

Actually there is more:

6. I'll be gone ( I hope ) before the world spirals further down from the effects of climate change, resulting in more poverty, hunger and severe weather thanks T-Rump and his demented band of moronic minions. I just want to stick around long enough to see him in jail.

Last edited:

2. Loss

3. Looking old

A matter of ego.

5. Dwindling excitement

1. I don't have to work or deal with office politics ,the job market and have leisurely mornings

2. I have time to work out 2-3 Hours a day which has staved off the worst effects of aging

Actually there is more:

6. I'll be gone ( I hope ) before the world spirals further down from the effects of climate change, resulting in more poverty, hunger and severe weather thanks T-Rump and his demented band of moronic minions. I just want to stick around long enough to see him in jail.

The worst thing for me getting old is having to tolerate douche bags who shit all over nice, non- partisan threads with a bunch of hyper partisan crap.

2. Loss

3. Looking old

A matter of ego.

5. Dwindling excitement

Actually there is more:

The worst thing for me getting old is having to tolerate douche bags who shit all over nice, non- partisan threads with a bunch of hyper partisan crap.
Deal with it, Dude!!

Dating 20 year olds gets creepier and creepier every year.

As if I have that problem...

#2 is especially difficult - it's so sad to lose the older generation. I miss my dad terribly. He passed away one year ago today. I miss him.

Forum List

Back