That creeping sense of ENTITLEMENT

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
While waiting in a check-out line I was privy to a remarkable phone conversation between what seemed to be brothers. Upon leaving the store I saw the conversant getting into a very nice looking black Cadillac Escalade. Able to hear only one side of the discourse I will post only that in the expectation that everyone here is bright enough to fill in the other side:

Response 1 - I don't have that kind of money. Don't you have health insurance?"

Response 2 - Really? How about life insurance? What happens if you die?"

Response 3 - No, I can't but I have enough to cremate your ass. That's about $1,500.

Response 4 - Damn, you're a full grown man ... take care of your business.

It got me thinking about personal responsibility, our responsibility to each other, and that growing sense of entitlement ("the rich" can care for those who can't and for me, too) that is eating away at America.

Last edited:
While waiting in a check-out line I was privy to a remarkable phone conversation between what seemed to be brothers. Upon leaving the store I saw the conversant getting into a very nice looking black Cadillac Escalade. Able to hear only one side of the discourse I will post only that in the expectation that everyone here is bright enough to fill in the other side:

Response 3 - No, I can't but I have enough to cremate. That's about $1,500.

It got me thinking about personal responsibility, our responsibility to each other, and that growing sense of entitlement ("the rich" can care for those who can't and for me, too) that is eating away at America.

They'll be coming after you with teeth barred. All the Liberals on here are on the take and grab.

Response 3 - No, I can't but I have enough to cremate. That's about $1,500.

They'll be coming after you with teeth barred. All the Liberals on here are on the take and grab.

I doubt it.
At worst some idiot might claim I made it up but no rational poster can deny the nature or implications of that conversation.

I suspect their silence will be deafening.

Poor parenting; don't start being a parent when your kid is in his/her 20s.
Share home economics with your children; my children always knew I paid bills and what the amounts were.
ADD and ADHD children should be taken to a pediatric neurologist.

Forum List

Back