Thank you, President Obama!

All the nutters blame everything wrong with the country on Obama so I like to give him some credit on occasion.

:thup:

THEN LET HIM DO SOMETHING................You might be impressed with just dropping people for the count, Most are not.

I have to laugh for years now dems have shoved words from the CBO down our throats. Here is a little payback.

The Congressional Budget Office was so concerned about these people leaving the labor force that they warned that the current unemployment rate that reporters so breathlessly await at the beginning of each month is quite misleading.

Read more: The Bad News Behind The January Jobs Report | Fox News

Screen%2BShot%2B2012-02-03%2Bat%2B%2BFriday%252C%2BFebruary%2B3%252C%2B4.31%2BPM.png

The number of unemployed Americans last month fell by 339,000, the fifth largest drop since January 2009. But there was an even much more shockingly large number -- almost 1.2 million additional Americans were classified in January as not being in the labor force (see figure here). Unfortunately, that has been the consistent story that has made this “recovery” unique as more and more Americans have just given up looking for work.

This last number not only means that the official unemployment number is misleading, but it will also likely determine where the unemployment rate ultimately goes. Indeed, the Congressional Budget Office just last week released its projected unemployment rate for the next couple of years. They predicted that the unemployment rate will be at 8.9 percent during the last quarter of 2012 and rise to 9.2 percent for the last quarter of 2013.

The Congressional Budget Office was so concerned about these people leaving the labor force that they warned that the current unemployment rate that reporters so breathlessly await at the beginning of each month is quite misleading.

At the end of last year, the CBO cautioned that the official unemployment rate was about 1.25 percentage points lower than the real rate. In January, that gap was about 1.6 percentage points.

I know SO many able-bodied capable people who ended up on the 99 week plan, it's a damn shame...and a travesty! :(

99ers is a colloquial term for unemployed people in the United States, mostly citizens, who have exhausted all of their unemployment benefits, including all unemployment extensions. As a result of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed by Congress in February 2009, many unemployed people can receive up to 99 weeks of unemployment insurance benefits, hence the name "99ers". [1][2][3][4][5][6]
An estimated 7 million people are affected.[7]

99ers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The unemployment number that's shocking is the number of long term unemployed. We've got people that have been out of work for a REALLY long time, burning up their life savings and running out of options.

Thank you Obamacrats for destroying so many jobs since you were elected to power in 2006.

fredgraph.png

You have been posting that chart a lot and claiming somehow the Democrats taking over Congress in 2006 is the root of this.

I find this funny considering that the chart shows that the job market fell off the cliff along with everything else when the market crashed in 2008 and even then you can't link to what legislation the Dems passed (and Bush signed) from January 2007 (when they really took over) up until the market crash of late 2008 that made this happen.

In other words, you live in a USMB right wingnut fantasy land.

No worries though, you are far from alone.

Wrong again loser. I have posted links to such legislation many times on here. :cuckoo: But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good lie. Speaking of Left Wingnut Loser Democrat Jobs Ideology Fantasy Land, why don't I link to the real thought process of democrats that is at the root of the democrats no jobs agenda (note: This is contrary to their campaign rhetoric).

Left Wingnut Fantasy Land / Democrat Mentality - I'm inclined to think that there are many valuable roles in society other than "wage-earner". In a society where individuals are paid fairly for their work you wind up with a better quality of life, a richer culture, more options and opportunity, more happiness in general, and a slightly lower labor participation rate.

Thank you Obamacrats for destroying so many jobs since you were elected to power in 2006.

fredgraph.png

You have been posting that chart a lot and claiming somehow the Democrats taking over Congress in 2006 is the root of this.

I find this funny considering that the chart shows that the job market fell off the cliff along with everything else when the market crashed in 2008 and even then you can't link to what legislation the Dems passed (and Bush signed) from January 2007 (when they really took over) up until the market crash of late 2008 that made this happen.

Wrong again loser. I have posted links to such legislation many times on here. :cuckoo: But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good lie. Speaking of Left Wingnut Loser Democrat Jobs Ideology Fantasy Land, why don't I link to the real thought process of democrats that is at the root of the democrats no jobs agenda (note: This is contrary to their campaign rhetoric).

Left Wingnut Fantasy Land / Democrat Mentality - I'm inclined to think that there are many valuable roles in society other than "wage-earner". In a society where individuals are paid fairly for their work you wind up with a better quality of life, a richer culture, more options and opportunity, more happiness in general, and a slightly lower labor participation rate.

I'm sure you have. Much like I'm sure you have the link to Bush vetoing said legislation and the Dem override of his veto.

THEN LET HIM DO SOMETHING................You might be impressed with just dropping people for the count, Most are not.

I have to laugh for years now dems have shoved words from the CBO down our throats. Here is a little payback.

Read more: The Bad News Behind The January Jobs Report | Fox News

Screen%2BShot%2B2012-02-03%2Bat%2B%2BFriday%252C%2BFebruary%2B3%252C%2B4.31%2BPM.png

The number of unemployed Americans last month fell by 339,000, the fifth largest drop since January 2009. But there was an even much more shockingly large number -- almost 1.2 million additional Americans were classified in January as not being in the labor force (see figure here). Unfortunately, that has been the consistent story that has made this “recovery” unique as more and more Americans have just given up looking for work.

This last number not only means that the official unemployment number is misleading, but it will also likely determine where the unemployment rate ultimately goes. Indeed, the Congressional Budget Office just last week released its projected unemployment rate for the next couple of years. They predicted that the unemployment rate will be at 8.9 percent during the last quarter of 2012 and rise to 9.2 percent for the last quarter of 2013.

At the end of last year, the CBO cautioned that the official unemployment rate was about 1.25 percentage points lower than the real rate. In January, that gap was about 1.6 percentage points.

I know SO many able-bodied capable people who ended up on the 99 week plan, it's a damn shame...and a travesty! :(

99ers is a colloquial term for unemployed people in the United States, mostly citizens, who have exhausted all of their unemployment benefits, including all unemployment extensions. As a result of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed by Congress in February 2009, many unemployed people can receive up to 99 weeks of unemployment insurance benefits, hence the name "99ers". [1][2][3][4][5][6]
An estimated 7 million people are affected.[7]

99ers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have mixed feeling about the extension. In housing, I know so many that were put out of work. Contractors asking to be hired as employees etc. Most often many people stayed drawing benies because it paid more then a McJob. I dont begrudge those folks at all, the government put them out of work, not the banks. With home prices still falling the RECOVERY is a ways off.

Bush 4% Unemployment/Record High Stock Markets.

Bush; biggest economic disaster since 1929. Left an economy behind shedding 700k jobs a month and 5% GDP a quarter.

'nuff said. You can have a seat now.

Or just repeat the same nonsense over and over again like you usually do.

Your choice.

Either way I've filled my "respond to Libo posts" quota for the quarter

Thank you once again for that useless post. :cuckoo:

I found this curious. There may be someone "mucking up" the numbers.

New numbers on the economy came out today, revealing some seemingly positive trends, such as a drop in the unemployment rate. One of these numbers is a major drop in black unemployment, from 15.8% to 13.6%, a huge jump. On the surface, it's good news.

Allen West, however, isn't having it -- he thinks someone may have tampered with the figures.

"Can someone tell me how employment in the black community has improved at a rate three times the national average in just a few months?? With numbers like today, urban communities should be well on their way to economic recovery then! There is something suspicious about the job numbers released today and it has me very concerned," West wondered Friday. "Is this dramatic supposed decrease in black unemployment a result of job creation or is someone playing around with the census numbers??"

The numbers presented indicate a massive drop, one that we've never seen before -- and one that doesn't seem to reflect actual experience. Even economists are questioning the numbers:

Allen West: 'Is Someone Playing with Unemployment Numbers?' - Kate Hicks

Bill Clinton has done this trick to the BLS numbers before. He excluded the inner cities from the survey where high concentrations of unemployed & black people live. I guess Hillary has shared this secret with Barack.

Clintons Unemployment Numbers Trick
The Clinton administration also reduced monthly household sampling from 60,000 to about 50,000, eliminating significant surveying in the inner cities. Despite claims of corrective statistical adjustments, reported unemployment among people of color declined sharply, and the piggybacked poverty survey showed a remarkable reversal in decades of worsening poverty trends.

Bush; biggest economic disaster since 1929. Left an economy behind shedding 700k jobs a month and 5% GDP a quarter.

Your choice.

Yes, Bush 4% Unemployment/Record High Stock Markets = Bad. Obama 8.5% Unemployment = Good. We get it. :cuckoo:

I saw a clip yesterday with Wolf Blitzer interviewing Newt.
Wolf asks if Newt would give credit to Obama for these recent job numbers.
Newt looked at him like he was crazy.Newt said if Wolf wants to congratulate Obama go right ahead.
Wolf looked pissed.I think the left get's angry when we don't praise this President every five minutes.
Not only that I really think what they want is for us to thank Obama for helping us mere mortals.

I'm sure you have. Much like I'm sure you have the link to Bush vetoing said legislation and the Dem override of his veto.

I have many times. Again - Here is one of many different links loser.

Your choice.

Yes, Bush 4% Unemployment/Record High Stock Markets = Bad. Obama 8.5% Unemployment = Good. We get it. :cuckoo:

You make an excellent point!:clap2:

Lower unemployment had the dems screaming about the under employed, now not a peep. They cant drop them from the rolls fast enough. Economic news has followed the same path.

Rep coming your way.

I have many times. Again - Here is one of many different links loser.

So you link an interview about a bill passed in 2010 as your proof that the Dems taking over Congress after the 2006 elections as the reason the job market went tits up in 2008 into the early part of 2009!

Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

Wow....the lefties are still so consumed with Bush all the while Obama continues to wreck this country with Obamacare, consumed with raising taxes on the masses, stifiling oil production or should it be energy independence, cursing wall street all the while winking at them continuing to fill their pockets and the list goes on and on. Yea the lefties don't want to discuss issues they want to justify Obama's wreaking havoc based on their own self constructed notions of Bush and his own lust for spending. Hell, Bush's spending pales in comparison to what Obama has thrust upon ALL of us.

Your choice.

You make an excellent point!:clap2:

Lower unemployment had the dems screaming about the under employed, now not a peep. They cant drop them from the rolls fast enough. Economic news has followed the same path.

Rep coming your way.

Yup, the nutters all screeched 'Depression' with 4% Unemployment and Record High Stock Markets. But now their guy's 8.5% Unemployment and crushing Debt is somehow a 'Wonderful Utopia.' Those people are not honest or credible. But they are very loony. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back