Thank you, President Obama!

I don't blame Obama for the state of the economy when he took office, Kiki. I don't even hold him particularly to blame for unemployment going to over 10%. I think the economists he chose to advise him (Summers and Romer) were idiots and botched their jobs from the get go when they underestimated the severity of the problem. Obama chose them, however so the ultimate blame of their being screwups rests with him.

What I DO blame Obama for is chasing ObamaCare first instead of concentrating on fixing the economy and getting people back to work. I also hold him responsible for buying into the whole Keynesian economic theory that governments can spend their way to prosperity. For a guy that was supposedly smart, Barack Obama has shown precious little intelligence in how he's attacked problems with the economy. You've got a sluggish economy and what do you do to make things better? Propose Cap & Trade legislation that would add billions to the energy costs of American businesses? Who would be stupid enough to do that? A second year Economics major could have told him that would dampen the recovery.

Then you let Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid craft ObamaCare and the Stimulus behind locked doors? Are you kidding me? Nancy and Harry isn't what the American people voted for when they voted for "Change". But Obama deferred to those two because to be quite frank...he's totally clueless when it comes to drafting legislation. Throughout his entire career he's been fed bills that were done by others. He isn't capable of telling others what to do to make a bill work because he's never done that.

All valid criticsms. Much better than the stupid nonsense we normally hear from the right.

Ironically, what may have saved Obama is that the Congress changed hands, and limited how much additional damage he can do.

The fact is, Joe...if Obama had gotten what he wanted...which was Cap & Trade and Card Check...then the economy WOULD be in worse shape and unemployment WOULD be higher. Yet progressives constantly rant about how Congress has "obstructed" poor Barry? The "obstructionists" are what saved his ass.

absolutely, I agree. Recovery has been hindered by what he actually got accomplished (some elements of the ACA causing uncertainty) and would have been worse if he got everything on his wish list.

But Republicans are really just proposing more of the same that got us into this mess. More free trade, more union busting, more deregulation, etc.

Neither party really has the answer,and neither party has a clue how to fix the problems.

Sputtering or recovering. That is the question and both have merit depending on what you wish to cherry pick. Housing prices are still in decline meaning there is no recovery.

That is one sector, yup. Not saying there aren't a lot of problems to be fixed.

But all we hear from the Weird Mormon Robot are the same old tired things that don't work. - Tax cuts for rich people (I though you said they were doing just fine, Mitt), deregulations, etc.

Housing prices are still going down because their value was inflated beyond reason to start with, and you had all these people who flipped their houses, etc.

You can't fucking WAIT to vote for that Weird Mormon Robot and you know it.

Uh, no, I think the one thing that we firmly have established here is that I won't be voting for Mitt Romney....

Who the fuck cares how it happened. Jobs were added. Just fucking be happy about the fact that people are putting food on their table and shut the fuck up.

I don't know, Paulie...because if we knew why it happened perhaps we could add MORE jobs?

No one knows why it happened, and never will. Throughout history jobs have been added during either party being in power. Historically the economy tends to do the best when there is a dem president and a republican congress, so it stands to reason I guess that things are improving right now.

But all we hear from the Weird Mormon Robot are the same old tired things that don't work. - Tax cuts for rich people (I though you said they were doing just fine, Mitt), deregulations, etc.

Housing prices are still going down because their value was inflated beyond reason to start with, and you had all these people who flipped their houses, etc.

Uh, no, I think the one thing that we firmly have established here is that I won't be voting for Mitt Romney....

Romney/Obama in the general. You expect me to believe that you're sitting that one out? Please.

Sputtering or recovering. That is the question and both have merit depending on what you wish to cherry pick. Housing prices are still in decline meaning there is no recovery.

Over Barry? You're 100% correct. It's time for a little competence in the White House. It's time for a Treasury Secretary that can figure out Turbo Tax. It's time for an Attorney General who puts the law above politics. It's time for a Vice President who isn't a drooling idiot. And most of all? It's time for something other than excuses...teleprompters...and lectures from a President who's not good at his job.

Last edited:

Over Barry? You're 100% correct. It's time for a little competence in the White House. It's time for a Treasury Secretary that can figure out Turbo Tax. It's time for an Attorney General who puts the law above politics. It's time for a Vice President who isn't a drooling idiot. And most of all? It's time for something other than excuses...

Give me Ron Paul as treasury Sec, Andrew Napolitano as AG, and Rand as VP, and you can have whoever you want in the oval office.

Romney/Obama in the general. You expect me to believe that you're sitting that one out? Please.

No, I'm probably going to vote third party as a protest. Or write someone in.

Of course, I live in Illinois, the one state that Obama is going to probalby win no matter how this turns out. So as long as we have this retarded electoral college system in place, my vote hasn't really been meaningful since 1988.

I do really hate Romney as a human being. Hate his religion, hate his business practices, hate his phoniness, hate his lack of understanding of how rough it is for people out here right now. Since he's held both sides of every issue over the years, it's really hard to say what I agree with him on, since I guess I agree with him about 50% of the time. Just which time is hard to say.

I think Obama is grossly incompentent and wrong on the issues, but I think he's a decent enough fellow. Just wrong on everything.

No, I'm probably going to vote third party as a protest. Or write someone in.

Of course, I live in Illinois, the one state that Obama is going to probalby win no matter how this turns out. So as long as we have this retarded electoral college system in place, my vote hasn't really been meaningful since 1988.

I do really hate Romney as a human being. Hate his religion, hate his business practices, hate his phoniness, hate his lack of understanding of how rough it is for people out here right now. Since he's held both sides of every issue over the years, it's really hard to say what I agree with him on, since I guess I agree with him about 50% of the time. Just which time is hard to say.

I think Obama is grossly incompentent and wrong on the issues, but I think he's a decent enough fellow. Just wrong on everything.

Well I'll say that I believe you, but only because you know your state isn't in play anyway, which makes it much easier to vote on principle.

Just answer me this. When you look at Gingrich's record, what in God's name gives you the impression that this guy is actually a conservative?

Economy Adds 243K Jobs In January; Unemployment Falls to 8.3 Percent

The U.S. economy added 243,000 jobs in January and the unemployment rate has fallen to 8.3 percent, according to the latest jobs report from the Labor Department. The numbers mark the fifth straight month that unemployment has dropped.

Analyst expectations ranged from high 100,000s to low 200,000s, so the numbers exceed expectations.

White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Alan Krueger said the January jobs report provides further evidence that "the economy is continuing to heal from the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression."

Economy Adds 243K Jobs In January; Unemployment Falls to 8.3 Percent | TPM Livewire

Idiot.

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back