Thank you, Matisyahu, for uncovering circus behind Anti-Israel groups

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
For a few days, an active debate runs due to the cancellation of Matisyahu's, a Jewish musician, show in Spain. He was supposed to participate in a festival as part of the Rototom Sunsplash round, but at the last moment, they informed they cut him out of it.

Their reasoning? His refusal to openly declare his support of the Palestinians.

BDS, as well as the organizers, urged him before showing, to publically state that he supports the idea of Palestinians having their own state in Palestine, and his objection to the Israeli "Occupation". When they didn't receive their well-shaped politically-correct response, they openly stated they decide to cancel the show, "in favor of peace".

BDS pretends to be against Israeli policy, but is there a true reason to boycott an artist who's not even Israeli, just for the "crime" of refusing to bend his opinions to their likings?

Do they ask all artists to pass such a test or just the Jewish ones?

BDS was, is, and will always be about pure antisemitism and hypocritical censorship. Please, do prove us otherwise. So far, you failed.

Matisyahu concert canceled due to pressure from anti-Israel group Fox News

Free Speech! Academic freedom! Artistic freedom! The shouts get louder and shriller from the Zionuts...meh. Whatever BDS may, or may not, have done regarding this particular artist, pales into insignificance compared to the power and influence of the Zionist led pro-Israel lobby in the West.

Just two examples:
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/1.664359

University event questioning Israel s right to exist is cancelled World news The Guardian

I'm sure he'll make up any losses from this in his American tour. Moving on.

Free Speech! Academic freedom! Artistic freedom! The shouts get louder and shriller from the Zionuts...meh. Whatever BDS may, or may not, have done regarding this particular artist, pales into insignificance compared to the power and influence of the Zionist led pro-Israel lobby in the West.

Just two examples:
Professor Fired for anti-Israel Tweets Finds Work in Beirut s American University - Jewish World News - Haaretz Daily Newspaper Israel News

University event questioning Israel s right to exist is cancelled World news The Guardian

I'm sure he'll make up any losses from this in his American tour. Moving on.

How about calling it what it is PLAIN OLD FASHIONED NAZI JEW HATRED AND RACISM BY THE NEO MARXISTS, ISLAMOFASCISTS AND WHITE SUPREMACISTS.

Maybe if we implement our laws better and start arresting the scum hiding behind BDS it will go away

I'm sorry, cornering a musician ---the only Jewish musician--and saying make a political statement that we want you to say is revolting. I don't listen to Matisyahu for political reasons. I listen to Matisyahu because he is good.BDS has lost all credibility.

Anyone who supports the BDS movement against the fascist/apartheid state of Israel is a hero and should be awarded a medal for courage. ...... :thup:

Still waiting for the definitive link to Israel being either fascist or apartheid, and not one of the islamonazis and islamofascists have produced it yet.

It's Time to Admit It. Israeli Policy Is What It Is: Apartheid
I used to be one of those people who took issue with the label of apartheid as applied to Israel. I was one of those people who could be counted on to argue that, while the country's settlement and occupation policies were anti-democratic and brutal and slow-dose suicidal, the word apartheid did not apply.

I’m not one of those people any more. Not after the last few weeks.

Not after terrorists firebombed a West Bank Palestinian home, annihilating a family, murdering an 18-month-old boy and his father, burning his mother over 90 percent of her body – only to have Israel’s government rule the family ineligible for the financial support and compensation automatically granted Israeli victims of terrorism, settlers included.

I can’t pretend anymore. Not after Israel’s Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked, explicitly declaring stone-throwing to be terrorism, drove the passage of a bill holding stone-throwers liable to up to 20 years in prison.

The law did not specify that it targeted only Palestinian stone-throwers. It didn’t have to.

Just one week later, pro-settlement Jews hurled rocks, furniture, and bottles of urine at Israeli soldiers and police at a West Bank settlement, and in response, Benjamin Netanyahu immediately rewarded the Jewish stone-throwers with a pledge to build hundreds of new settlement homes.

This is what has become of the rule of law. Two sets of books. One for Us, and one to throw at Them. Apartheid.

read more: It s Time to Admit It. Israeli Policy Is What It Is Apartheid - A Special Place in Hell - Haaretz Daily Newspaper Israel News

Last edited:
Meaningless token fascistic behavior proves that BDS has accomplished less than nothing in its effort to delegitimize the Jewish state. The nail in the coffin for BDS was when it was banned from most American universities. Meanwhile, Israel rushes to the future and gets stronger snd more proper out every day.

Apartheid, ‘in Israeli Terms’
As examples of Israeli apartheid, the Haaretz editor writes

What does apartheid mean, in Israeli terms?

Apartheid means fundamentalist clergy spearheading the deepening of segregation, inequality, supremacism, and subjugation.

Apartheid means Likud lawmaker and former Shin Bet chief Avi Dichter calling Sunday for separate, segregated roads and highways for Jews and Arabs in the West Bank.

Apartheid means hundreds of attacks by settlers targeting Palestinian property, livelihoods, and lives, without convictions, charges, or even suspects. Apartheid means uncounted Palestinians jailed without trial, shot dead without trial, shot dead in the back while fleeing and without just cause.

Apartheid means Israeli officials using the army, police, military courts, and draconian administrative detentions, not only to head off terrorism, but to curtail nearly every avenue of non-violent protest available to Palestinians.

Late last month, over the explicit protest of the head of the Israeli Medical Association and human rights groups combatting torture, Israel enacted the government’s “Law to Prevent Harm Caused by Hunger Strikes.” The law allows force-feeding of prisoners, even if the prisoner refuses, if the striker’s life is deemed in danger.

Netanyahu’s Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan, who pushed hard for passage of the bill, has called hunger strikes by Palestinian security prisoners jailed for months without charge or trial “a new type of suicide terrorist attack through which they will threaten the State of Israel”.

Only under a system as warped as apartheid, does a government need to label and treat non-violence as terrorism

- See more at: Leading Israeli journalist says Israel is an Apartheid state Mondoweiss

Forum List

Back