Texas Teen Killed by Police in School Had a Pellet Gun!

o just remembering the thread where sunshine was saying that if you dont shut the lemonade stands down...and enforce the law.....them kids will grow up with no respect for the law and become rapist

but kids with pellet guns ...should be coddled

o just remembering the thread where sunshine was saying that if you dont shut the lemonade stands down...and enforce the law.....them kids will grow up with no respect for the law and become rapist

That actually makes less sense than what I just made up.

:lol:

I'm going to bed, this place needs consentration, and I hate consentrating.

For some reason I don't even need a link to believe this is true.

Read carefully, w/o assumption.

Once he chose to take a life

is not

After he killed someone.

OK, whose life was he going to take....with a pellet gun?

Would you like me to google the number of deaths caused by BB guns for you?

and this is irrelevant, and ignorant. The cops had no idea that it was a pellet gun.

The question I asked was, whose life was he going to take. An answer to that would suffice nicely.

It turned out later the kid was shot twice. The kid was warned many times to put the gun down and he did not do it. When you disobey the authorities you pay for it. If the kid had put the gun down he would still be alive today.

I feel very badly for the kid's family.

I would feel worse for a cop's family if the child had shot someone.

This is completely the kid's issue.

The race of the cops, or this kid makes no difference in this case I believe. They asked the person holding a gun to drop it for 20 minutes and he didnt. He deserved to be shot if he 1. Had no language barrier or 2. was not mentally unstable.

Sounds like a good shoot in my opinion and believe me, I always look for dirty cop stories. Race played no role here I dont think. Stupidity on behalf of the would be shooter did. Pellet gun or real, doesnt matter.

As usual, you have nothing to contribute to a discussion. No surprises there! v

the kids with lemonade stands must not be hispanic.

:dunno:

Kids are kids and do stupid things because they are kids. And, that was a very difficult situation. The police had to act and perhaps they had to do what they did. Either way, they need to really take a close look at how to best handle these situations for maximum safety of all involved including the perpetrator. We don't know what is in a young teen's mind. He may have just made a big mistake. We don't really know. If he was a direct threat, then i guess they had to shoot him. But, do they have to shoot to kill? Couldn't they shoot in the leg or something? Does it always have to be deadly force? I don't know. I am not trained in that so i can't answer that. But, this teen boy is now dead and yes, he may have made a serious mistake. But, for parents to lose their son in that way is a terrible thing. And, those who can be so flippant with the "he deserved it" make me sick because they loved their son as well and it is a terrible tragedy all around. i do not fault the police as they have to act to prevent another Columbine but they should try to examine the best and safest ways to respond and act in these situations.

Shoot him in the leg???? If I was pointing a gun at you and you shot me in the leg, I'd be VERY pissed off and I'd just kill you.
Look! A leg is a smaller target. A combat situation does funny things to even an expert marksman. (Google Amadou Diallo) Firing a gun escalates the situation. The other guy IS going to return fire, if he can. As I said, now, you've pissed him off and he's not thinking about shooting you in a non lethal spot.
It's best to aim for center mass for the best chance of hitting your target and neutralizing the threat.

I'm so sick of the "hit him in the leg" crowd. Only an idiot would aim for the leg when there's a much bigger target, the torso that he could aim at. I know in the movies you see all kids of stuff like hitting people in the head, leg etc., but only a trained sniper would ever aim for such things and even then, the leg is probably the last place they'd aim.

Yeah, an artery runs down your leg. Duh. But it is a wound that could be medically managed and not instant death. As for "going home to their families", yes police need to be safe. But, they are supposed to be trained to go into dangerous situations and accept some risk. If not, then they shouldnt be police. Police should do everything in their power to defuse a situation and make sure all parties are safe and not just run in with guns blazing. Not saying they did this in this case, but that is my point.

then your point has nothing to do with cops or what actually occurred.

They ordered him

multiple times

to drop his gun.

Second guessing them, and berating them is just foolish.

Would you like one of your sons to become cops, knowing that you taught them not to kill in self-defense?

I think not. The cops were right, whether you like it or not.

I am entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not. And, yes, i will second guess the cops because any time a cop has to shoot to kill, it should be thoroughly reviewed and examined to see what can be learned and if it would be possible to approach it differently next time. As for a fatal shot in the leg, yeah, it can happen but much less likely than a shot into the chest or head so of course there is some risk but much, much less so stop with this nonsense.
And, so they ordered the gun down. Was anyone in imminent danger of this boy at the time he was surrounded by police other than the police? The police don't immediately rush in and shoot someone just because they have a gun. Police are taught how to talk people down and out of dangerous situations.

It turned out later the kid was shot twice. The kid was warned many times to put the gun down and he did not do it. When you disobey the authorities you pay for it. If the kid had put the gun down he would still be alive today.

I feel very badly for the kid's family.

I would feel worse for a cop's family if the child had shot someone.

This is completely the kid's issue.

I feel bad for the kids family. I also feel bad for the cops. It was a good shoot, but that doesn't mean they don't regret it after the fact. I know I would.

OK, whose life was he going to take....with a pellet gun?

Would you like me to google the number of deaths caused by BB guns for you?

and this is irrelevant, and ignorant. The cops had no idea that it was a pellet gun.

The question I asked was, whose life was he going to take. An answer to that would suffice nicely.

Does it matter? If there were a kid with a gun at your child's school would you tell the cops not to shoot him because he's a kid? or because he's hispanic? The kid had a gun, he aimed it at the cops, the fact that the gun was a pellet gun is irrelevant.

As for a fatal shot in the leg, yeah, it can happen but much less likely than a shot into the chest or head so of course there is some risk but much, much less so stop with this nonsense.
Okay, so shoot for the leg. Miss. The round ricochets off the wall and hits someone else, killing them. Not only is the suspect not neutralized, he's scared shitless because he's being shot at, so he returns fire, killing some police officer.

More likely scenario: shoot the suspect in the thigh and hit it. He probably doesn't go down from that due to the adrenaline. Not only is the suspect not neutralized, he's scared shitless because he's being shot at, so he returns fire, killing some police officer.

Conclusion: Shoot for the chest or don't shoot at all. This Hollywood "shoot him in the leg" bullshit is risky and stupid, which is why they don't do it.

Yeah, an artery runs down your leg. Duh. But it is a wound that could be medically managed and not instant death. As for "going home to their families", yes police need to be safe. But, they are supposed to be trained to go into dangerous situations and accept some risk. If not, then they shouldnt be police. Police should do everything in their power to defuse a situation and make sure all parties are safe and not just run in with guns blazing. Not saying they did this in this case, but that is my point.

They ordered him

multiple times

to drop his gun.

Would you like one of your sons to become cops, knowing that you taught them not to kill in self-defense?

I am entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not. And, yes, i will second guess the cops because any time a cop has to shoot to kill, it should be thoroughly reviewed and examined to see what can be learned and if it would be possible to approach it differently next time. As for a fatal shot in the leg, yeah, it can happen but much less likely than a shot into the chest or head so of course there is some risk but much, much less so stop with this nonsense.
And, so they ordered the gun down. Was anyone in imminent danger of this boy at the time he was surrounded by police other than the police? The police don't immediately rush in and shoot someone just because they have a gun. Police are taught how to talk people down and out of dangerous situations.
As much as they'd like to, cops can't control a crazed suspect with a shot to the leg. If they did that, the suspect could recoup quickly and kill them and their partner on the rebound.

They ordered him

multiple times

to drop his gun.

Good for you! I'm not sure they are ALL taught those skills, though. I think these two had the "dogbreath freezeturkey" training off TV and that was about it. Obviously, if this kid were into obeying orders and following rules, he wouldn't have even had a toy gun at school. So ordering him to 'drop the gun' was never going to work to start with. And that begs another question: Did the school have a 'zero tolerance' policy? Apparently not, as he was already known to have had a knife there. The cops have now had a few days to refine their story, and I'm sure the school system will try to deflect off itself. So it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Why didn't he get expelled earlier in the day when he was found to have a knife? As has already been stated, there are usually warning signs that go unheeded. This is a pretty blatant one.

When metro Nashville schools went 'zero tolerance' the PTO president's son was expelled for having a key chain with a 1 inch toy gun on it. I thought that was a little extreme, but they made it stick. Zero tolerance means you bring a weapon to school, even a toy weapon, you go home and you don't go to school there any longer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back