Texas Teen Killed by Police in School Had a Pellet Gun!

Geez, Red! Brownsville is 85% Hispanic, the police chief is Spanish. I would bet that at least one of the officers was also Hispanic. This had NOTHING to do with his ethnicity.

What you just listed proves nothing when pertaining to racism. Nothing. I hear this crap everytime a black teen kid gets shot 50 times. "one of the officers was black so it couldnt be reacist". That means squat.

(Please keep in mind though, this was a good shoot. IMO)

Of course it doesn't, though, if one or both officers were Hispanic, it is a stronger argument against racism than the argument for racism, based on the kid's last name.
Anyone that instantly jumped to racism as a component as to why this kid was cannot be taken seriously.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Yeah. A pellet gun.

The parents of an eighth grader in Brownsville, Texas are outraged over the death of their teenage son to police bullets in what may have been a deadly misunderstanding.

15-year-old Jamie González was shot three times in a hallway at Cummings Middle School in Brownsville after a confrontation in which the police said the boy brandished— and refused to drop — what appeared to be a handgun. The weapon turned out to be a pellet gun that closely resembled the real thing, police said late Wednesday.

What happened was an injustice.I know that my son wasn't perfect, but he was a great kid.
- Noralva Gonzalez, Mother of 15 year-old Jaime González

"Why was so much excess force used on a minor?" the boy's father, Jaime González Sr., told The Associated Press outside the family's home Wednesday night. "Three shots. Why not one that would bring him down?"

Read more: Texas Teen Shot in School by Police Had a Pellet Gun | Fox News Latino

What ever happend to SWAT? Special Weapons and Technniques. Was there any other way? Some will say no. Others will say yes. But it is pretty bad when your kid goes to middle school and comes out in a body bag.

He painted over the orange markings, made it clear that he intended to kill people, was told many times to drop the weapon, raised it and pointed at the cops.

he got what he had coming, just b/c he's a kid, doesn't excuse his actions.

Oh, and the father is already lying. He claims his son was shot in the back of the head, he wasn't.

really? then where did the photo of the gunshot to the back of the head come from? read this part two thumbs

His mother, Noralva González, showed off a photo on her phone of a beaming Jaime in his drum major uniform standing with his band instructors. Then she flipped threw three close-up photos she took of bullet wounds in her son's body, including one in the back of his head.

Thanks, that's a new update. The story I read on Yahoo, said otherwise.

regardless, it's meaningless where the kid was shot. Once he chose to take a life, his was forfeit.

If the kid had a realistic looking gun at school, and the police ordered him to drop it, then he pointed it at them in a threatening manner as tho it was real...the police did the right thing. Period. End of discussion.

Bones hit the nail on the head...it's so easy to monday morning quarterback this incident, because it wasn't a real gun...so take that out of the equation.

At the time of the shooting, the police believed the gun was real...the kid brandished the gun as tho it was real...and if it had been real, we would not be having this discussion.

Last edited:
After Texas school shooting, many questions loom - Yahoo! News

There was no shot to the back of the head, that was a cut probably from a fall.

He made the decision to arm himself and brandish it at a school. He made the choice to ignore commands to put it down, HE made the choice to point it at officers. Exactly when were they supposed to defend themselves and the children at the school? AFTER the kid shot someone? Remember the pellet gun LOOKED like a real gun.

Cops have every right to fire when a weapon is pointed at them. And he was to far away t6o use a stun gun. Completely justified. And race has nothing to do with it.

From the article...

Rodriguez said the preliminary autopsy report showed the boy was shot twice in the torso. Family members initially thought he was shot in the back of the head, but that wound turned out to be a cut from a fall.

Thanks, as with situations like this, the information changes as things are learned and cleared up.

Kids are kids and do stupid things because they are kids. And, that was a very difficult situation.
Rightly or wrongly, when a kid picks up a firearm (or what looks to be a firearm and what he acts like is a firearm), he takes on an adult responsibility and should expect adult consequences. His parents failed to teach him that, and they are all paying the price for it.
But, do they have to shoot to kill? Couldn't they shoot in the leg or something? Does it always have to be deadly force? I don't know. I am not trained in that so i can't answer that.
Law enforcement is not ever trained nor advised to shoot to wound a suspect. They are always going to aim for center mass, and unlike the military, they always load hollow-point rounds for maximum devastation. Police shoot to kill. Always.

To just flippantly say "La de da, the kid got what he deserved" and move on is disservice to schools, children, and the police. Do kids not make mistakes? Do disturbed kids sometimes do things as a cry for help? Yes, if other students and staff were in danger of imminent harm, then you have to presume it is a real weapon. However, if he was cornered with just him and police and the area had been secured, then why can't they just shoot in the leg? And, yes it is a smaller target but isn't that what training is for? And, after the shot, other officers could have rushed in and restrained him. I don't know. I have teen sons. I don't know any teen boys that haven't done stupid crap. Maybe we need to outlaw these stupid pellet guns or whatever. Maybe the school needs to be held accountable for not dealing with this child BEFORE this happened. Surely the school shouldn't get off scot free for their part in dropping the ball.

To just flippantly say "La de da, the kid got what he deserved" and move on is disservice to schools, children, and the police. Do kids not make mistakes? Do disturbed kids sometimes do things as a cry for help? Yes, if other students and staff were in danger of imminent harm, then you have to presume it is a real weapon. However, if he was cornered with just him and police and the area had been secured, then why can't they just shoot in the leg? And, yes it is a smaller target but isn't that what training is for? And, after the shot, other officers could have rushed in and restrained him. I don't know. I have teen sons. I don't know any teen boys that haven't done stupid crap. Maybe we need to outlaw these stupid pellet guns or whatever. Maybe the school needs to be held accountable for not dealing with this child BEFORE this happened. Surely the school shouldn't get off scot free for their part in dropping the ball.

why can't they just shoot in the leg? Clearly you have no idea about the human body. You can bleed out from a main artery that feeds the leg. Also, the cops could have been killed by trying something that fucking stewpud.

And, yes it is a smaller target but isn't that what training is for? Too go home to their families after shift.

Maybe we need to outlaw these stupid pellet guns or whatever. That's just plain out and out petty tyranny.

Maybe the school needs to be held accountable for not dealing with this child BEFORE this happened. Read the story? He was a smiling drum major. If you want to hold anyone accountable, it's the parents. period.

Surely the school shouldn't get off scot free for their part in dropping the ball. They didn't, and the parents have no right to sue the school.

Yeah, an artery runs down your leg. Duh. But it is a wound that could be medically managed and not instant death. As for "going home to their families", yes police need to be safe. But, they are supposed to be trained to go into dangerous situations and accept some risk. If not, then they shouldnt be police. Police should do everything in their power to defuse a situation and make sure all parties are safe and not just run in with guns blazing. Not saying they did this in this case, but that is my point.

Yeah, an artery runs down your leg. Duh. But it is a wound that could be medically managed and not instant death. As for "going home to their families", yes police need to be safe. But, they are supposed to be trained to go into dangerous situations and accept some risk. If not, then they shouldnt be police. Police should do everything in their power to defuse a situation and make sure all parties are safe and not just run in with guns blazing. Not saying they did this in this case, but that is my point.

then your point has nothing to do with cops or what actually occurred.

They ordered him

multiple times

to drop his gun.

Second guessing them, and berating them is just foolish.

Would you like one of your sons to become cops, knowing that you taught them not to kill in self-defense?

I think not. The cops were right, whether you like it or not.

If a bullet severs your femoral artery, you have about 30 seconds before you loose consciousness and 3 minutes before death.
Yes cops are expected to face some risks, but it is ludicrous to ask them to face a gun pointed at them. This kid was 15, not 4. He should have realized that failure to put down a gun pointed at a cop is tantamount to suicide.
I'm sorry, but a 15 year old that refuses to comply under those circumstances is just to stupid to go on wasting oxygen.

I'm sorry, but a 15 year old that refuses to comply under those circumstances is just to stupid to go on wasting oxygen.
You have to save a little oxygen for the gunpowder to combust properly, but yeah.

I still think this was suicide by cop somehow. Anyone with even half a clue knows that if you wave a firearm around in front of a cop, he's going to plug you almost by instinct.

He painted over the orange markings, made it clear that he intended to kill people, was told many times to drop the weapon, raised it and pointed at the cops.

he got what he had coming, just b/c he's a kid, doesn't excuse his actions.

Oh, and the father is already lying. He claims his son was shot in the back of the head, he wasn't.

really? then where did the photo of the gunshot to the back of the head come from? read this part two thumbs

His mother, Noralva González, showed off a photo on her phone of a beaming Jaime in his drum major uniform standing with his band instructors. Then she flipped threw three close-up photos she took of bullet wounds in her son's body, including one in the back of his head.

regardless, it's meaningless where the kid was shot. Once he chose to take a life, his was forfeit.

Whose life did he take?

^

pathetic

Of course your lack of knowledge about the emergency response system, and the school system are shown very clearly in your lack of understanding of reason. This case will change laws. You just watch.

Whose life did he take?

Read carefully, w/o assumption.

Once he chose to take a life

is not

After he killed someone.

Forum List

Back