Texas Teen Killed by Police in School Had a Pellet Gun!

Texas police kill 8th-grader flashing pellet gun in school

excerpt:
Here's more information about the gun from Brownsville police:
The weapon used by the suspect is a CO2 .177-caliber pellet pistol and is similar to a Glock type semiautomatic handgun. The preliminary investigation indicates that the suspect assaulted a student prior to the officers' arrival and made statements to witnesses that he was going to engage the officers with the weapon.
Update at 6:25 p.m. ET: The weapon was a pellet gun that looked like a real firearm, AP now reports.
Update at 6:06 p.m. ET: The dead student has been identified as Jaime Gonzalez, 15, the San Antonio paper reports.

Bu..bu...bu.... they are just part of that community and they did the right thing! :cuckoo:

NOT!

article-2082432-0F57B04800000578-113_468x651.jpg

Yep.... looks like a great little guy

Why cant you admit maybe the cops did what they had to do.

I am appalled that you still maintain they acted in a racist manner :eusa_hand:

The cops did what any cop I know would have done. If I had a teenager pointing a gun that looked like a glock at me, he had better either drop the weapon or prepare to go down. I'm very familiar with airguns, as I am an avid airgunner and collector. Some of them look just like regular firearms, and I don't expect a cop to be familiar with a pellet pistol, because he doesn't use them. The kid was being really stupid, and based on his history, had an attitude that was sure to get him into trouble at some point or another.

Earn, there are some out there who DO want to pull the trigger. And that's all they want to do. They would have spent time working with this kid if he had been white. And they would know the black community would raise holy hell if they shot one of theirs. But THIS? THIS was, no doubt to them, just another dirty 'anchor baby' who should either get the hell out of get the hell shot out of him.

Geez, Red! Brownsville is 85% Hispanic, the police chief is Spanish. I would bet that at least one of the officers was also Hispanic. This had NOTHING to do with his ethnicity.

What you just listed proves nothing when pertaining to racism. Nothing. I hear this crap everytime a black teen kid gets shot 50 times. "one of the officers was black so it couldnt be reacist". That means squat.

(Please keep in mind though, this was a good shoot. IMO)

Plain and simple:
The kid got shot because he refused to drop his weapon. The weapon was an air pistol, which just happened to look like a Glock. The kid was carrying a knife which he had brandished earlier in the day in a fight. This case has everything to do with competent cops doing their jobs to protect the other kids in the school, and nothing to do with race. When people stop trying to give a free pass to violent punks and look at what the real problem is, and address it, this kind of shit won't be happening.

Sad.

I believe the department absolutely should dissect and analyze the shooting from every possible angle and make sure that the cop did what was appropriate, and if he didn't, punish him accordingly.

However, to me it sure looks like he got exactly what he was looking for. He thought he was the baddest dude on the block but found out too late that bringing a fake gun to a real gunfight is a really bad idea.

What a stupid, stupid waste of a life.

Last edited:
The city got to pay a cool 3 million dollars for THIS one!

City pays $2.45 million in fatal shooting of mom - The Santa Ana Register : The Orange County Register

Another:

City To Pay $3M Settlement In Fatal Police Shooting « CBS Chicago

And another. Of course, when they shoot one of their own is the only time they are too quick to shoot! :rolleyes:

Federal Agent Killed in Long Island Pharmacy Heist | Video | TheBlaze.com

A woman in California is shot while speeding.

A man in Illinois is shot while watching a fight.

Someone is shot during a drug robbery in New York.

How does any of that make that case that it was justified to pull out the race card when discussing a story about a young man killed while brandishing a gun in a school in Brownsville, Texas?

I was ordered to prove that police are too quick to shoot. These are 3 examples of a city having to pay because their officers are too quick to shoot.

And the city will pay in this case as well. There were NO de-escalation techniques used here, and it sounds like there are a LOT of people who are as mad as hell about it. I can't say that I blame them. Since 9-11 the police think they are supposed to be storm troopers. There is an ever increasing abuse of power in this country that is egregious enough when used against adults. But when it is an adolescent who is shot without any attempt to intervene without gunfire, it is criminal. I hope they go to jail.

You made a specific claim that this was a case of Racism. It has already been quoted to remind you of your claim. I demanded and still do, proof of your claim. I don't give a rats ass what happened elsewhere, we are talking about a specific case and the claim you made that it was racism that got him shot.

Yeah. A pellet gun.

The parents of an eighth grader in Brownsville, Texas are outraged over the death of their teenage son to police bullets in what may have been a deadly misunderstanding.

15-year-old Jamie González was shot three times in a hallway at Cummings Middle School in Brownsville after a confrontation in which the police said the boy brandished— and refused to drop — what appeared to be a handgun. The weapon turned out to be a pellet gun that closely resembled the real thing, police said late Wednesday.

What happened was an injustice.I know that my son wasn't perfect, but he was a great kid.
- Noralva Gonzalez, Mother of 15 year-old Jaime González

"Why was so much excess force used on a minor?" the boy's father, Jaime González Sr., told The Associated Press outside the family's home Wednesday night. "Three shots. Why not one that would bring him down?"

Read more: Texas Teen Shot in School by Police Had a Pellet Gun | Fox News Latino

What ever happend to SWAT? Special Weapons and Technniques. Was there any other way? Some will say no. Others will say yes. But it is pretty bad when your kid goes to middle school and comes out in a body bag.

STFU Sunshine! SWAT team members are people too and what with unemployment running at staggering levels in local governments ...they need to respond to every perceived emergency as if it is a full blown Al Queda attack. So fuck off and just be glad these guys have jobs.

Kids are kids and do stupid things because they are kids. And, that was a very difficult situation. The police had to act and perhaps they had to do what they did. Either way, they need to really take a close look at how to best handle these situations for maximum safety of all involved including the perpetrator. We don't know what is in a young teen's mind. He may have just made a big mistake. We don't really know. If he was a direct threat, then i guess they had to shoot him. But, do they have to shoot to kill? Couldn't they shoot in the leg or something? Does it always have to be deadly force? I don't know. I am not trained in that so i can't answer that. But, this teen boy is now dead and yes, he may have made a serious mistake. But, for parents to lose their son in that way is a terrible thing. And, those who can be so flippant with the "he deserved it" make me sick because they loved their son as well and it is a terrible tragedy all around. i do not fault the police as they have to act to prevent another Columbine but they should try to examine the best and safest ways to respond and act in these situations.

If Gonzales was holding the gun when police arrived, and if he failed to drop it when ordered to, the police were legally justifed in shooting him. And unless Gonzales was mentally defective he should have known that.

Some pellet guns are intentionally designed to resemble a variety of lethal firearms. They are so realistic in appearance it is not possible to know the difference without close inspection and the police cannot be expected to assume the required risk in determining whether an object is a pellet gun or a .45.

was he really shot in the BACK of the HEAD and twice in the torso? were the cops really at the school hallway where the boy was for only 2 minutes before they killed him, as the article said in the later part of it?

if it was a shot to the back of the head, then it would appear that the boy was RUNNING away from the officers? And the boy was not trying to shoot the officers?/??

If he was aiming at the officers and trying to shoot them, then the officers followed the book....

But if he was NOT trying to kill the officers or if he was not pointing the gun at the officers, then the officers should not have shot him 3 times to kill him.

Yeah. A pellet gun.

The parents of an eighth grader in Brownsville, Texas are outraged over the death of their teenage son to police bullets in what may have been a deadly misunderstanding.

15-year-old Jamie González was shot three times in a hallway at Cummings Middle School in Brownsville after a confrontation in which the police said the boy brandished— and refused to drop — what appeared to be a handgun. The weapon turned out to be a pellet gun that closely resembled the real thing, police said late Wednesday.

What happened was an injustice.I know that my son wasn't perfect, but he was a great kid.

"Why was so much excess force used on a minor?" the boy's father, Jaime González Sr., told The Associated Press outside the family's home Wednesday night. "Three shots. Why not one that would bring him down?"

Read more: Texas Teen Shot in School by Police Had a Pellet Gun | Fox News Latino

What ever happend to SWAT? Special Weapons and Technniques. Was there any other way? Some will say no. Others will say yes. But it is pretty bad when your kid goes to middle school and comes out in a body bag.

He painted over the orange markings, made it clear that he intended to kill people, was told many times to drop the weapon, raised it and pointed at the cops.

he got what he had coming, just b/c he's a kid, doesn't excuse his actions.

Oh, and the father is already lying. He claims his son was shot in the back of the head, he wasn't.

Yeah. A pellet gun.

He painted over the orange markings, made it clear that he intended to kill people, was told many times to drop the weapon, raised it and pointed at the cops.

he got what he had coming, just b/c he's a kid, doesn't excuse his actions.

Oh, and the father is already lying. He claims his son was shot in the back of the head, he wasn't.

really? then where did the photo of the gunshot to the back of the head come from? read this part two thumbs

His mother, Noralva González, showed off a photo on her phone of a beaming Jaime in his drum major uniform standing with his band instructors. Then she flipped threw three close-up photos she took of bullet wounds in her son's body, including one in the back of his head.

was he really shot in the BACK of the HEAD and twice in the torso? were the cops really at the school hallway where the boy was for only 2 minutes before they killed him, as the article said in the later part of it?

if it was a shot to the back of the head, then it would appear that the boy was RUNNING away from the officers? And the boy was not trying to shoot the officers?/??

If he was aiming at the officers and trying to shoot them, then the officers followed the book....

But if he was NOT trying to kill the officers or if he was not pointing the gun at the officers, then the officers should not have shot him 3 times to kill him.

He was NOT shot in the head at all. I posted a later story that clearly said he had a cut on the back of his head. He was shot twice in the torso and only after he pointed the weapon at the cops. A weapon that looks JUST like a Glock, a 9 MM handgun.

The cops had what appeared to be a person with a 9mm handgun in a school hallway. All the rooms had kids in them. He had already assaulted one kid. A locked door does NOT stop a 9mm pistol. If it were a Glock he could have simple shot the lock on any door and entered the room. AT any time. But that is not what got him shot, what got him shot was pointing the weapon at officers after they ordered him to put it down. And no one does not shoot for his legs when confronted with an armed person apparently intent on firing on the officers.

After Texas school shooting, many questions loom - Yahoo! News

There was no shot to the back of the head, that was a cut probably from a fall.

He made the decision to arm himself and brandish it at a school. He made the choice to ignore commands to put it down, HE made the choice to point it at officers. Exactly when were they supposed to defend themselves and the children at the school? AFTER the kid shot someone? Remember the pellet gun LOOKED like a real gun.

Cops have every right to fire when a weapon is pointed at them. And he was to far away t6o use a stun gun. Completely justified. And race has nothing to do with it.

From the article...

Rodriguez said the preliminary autopsy report showed the boy was shot twice in the torso. Family members initially thought he was shot in the back of the head, but that wound turned out to be a cut from a fall.

Earn, there are some out there who DO want to pull the trigger. And that's all they want to do. They would have spent time working with this kid if he had been white. And they would know the black community would raise holy hell if they shot one of theirs. But THIS? THIS was, no doubt to them, just another dirty 'anchor baby' who should either get the hell out of get the hell shot out of him.

ahhh, no we come to the crux of the matter.

the kid was hispanic, and the evil white cops, led by their chief orlando rodríguez, couldn't control their urge for blood and donuts.

Prove that wasn't the case.

Prove that it was.

And, this incident begs the question, how much warning did school officials have?

Dewey Cornell, a psychologist and education professor at the University of Virginia, said that in most school shooting cases, someone knew beforehand about an armed student's distress.

Parents say cop shooting of boy unjustified

I find it interesting that they haven't released the names of the officers.

Why the surprise that the officers' names have not been released. The first paragraph of your cited article says they have received death threats. Probably a bunch of bigots like you.

Bu..bu...bu.... they are just part of that community and they did the right thing! :cuckoo:

NOT!

article-2082432-0F57B04800000578-113_468x651.jpg

Yep.... looks like a great little guy

Why cant you admit maybe the cops did what they had to do.

I am appalled that you still maintain they acted in a racist manner :eusa_hand:

Yeah, if it was so up and up, then why aren't their names out there?

I guess you would shoot the girl for holding a pellet gun pointed at the ground as well.

No, but I might have to shoot her for wearing that fugly dress anywhere public other than Walmart.

In another account, I read that the kid stated he was going to kill everybody.

At any rate- for all intents and purposes he was holding a loaded weapon and intended to use it.
How could the officers be expected to assume otherwise.

What did they do to 'talk him down?' That is what SWAT does. Why so quick on the draw? Because he looked Hispanic? Maybe?

why so quick on the draw.....how many kids have died in school shootings......do you want other kids going home in body bags?....why did the kid have a realistic looking pellet gun? there are many questions......and hindsight is always 20/20

Geez, Red! Brownsville is 85% Hispanic, the police chief is Spanish. I would bet that at least one of the officers was also Hispanic. This had NOTHING to do with his ethnicity.

What you just listed proves nothing when pertaining to racism. Nothing. I hear this crap everytime a black teen kid gets shot 50 times. "one of the officers was black so it couldnt be reacist". That means squat.

Of course it doesn't, though, if one or both officers were Hispanic, it is a stronger argument against racism than the argument for racism, based on the kid's last name.

Kids are kids and do stupid things because they are kids. And, that was a very difficult situation. The police had to act and perhaps they had to do what they did. Either way, they need to really take a close look at how to best handle these situations for maximum safety of all involved including the perpetrator. We don't know what is in a young teen's mind. He may have just made a big mistake. We don't really know. If he was a direct threat, then i guess they had to shoot him. But, do they have to shoot to kill? Couldn't they shoot in the leg or something? Does it always have to be deadly force? I don't know. I am not trained in that so i can't answer that. But, this teen boy is now dead and yes, he may have made a serious mistake. But, for parents to lose their son in that way is a terrible thing. And, those who can be so flippant with the "he deserved it" make me sick because they loved their son as well and it is a terrible tragedy all around. i do not fault the police as they have to act to prevent another Columbine but they should try to examine the best and safest ways to respond and act in these situations.

Shoot him in the leg???? If I was pointing a gun at you and you shot me in the leg, I'd be VERY pissed off and I'd just kill you.
Look! A leg is a smaller target. A combat situation does funny things to even an expert marksman. (Google Amadou Diallo) Firing a gun escalates the situation. The other guy IS going to return fire, if he can. As I said, now, you've pissed him off and he's not thinking about shooting you in a non lethal spot.
It's best to aim for center mass for the best chance of hitting your target and neutralizing the threat.

You just made a specific claim, back it the FUCK UP. Prove your version is even remotely right. Unbelievable you would play the race card over and over. You have ZERO evidence, ZERO reason to believe it is true. You are a fucking dumb ass now. You might have had a point at one time but every time you claim this kid was shot JUST cause he was Hispanic in a community that is 85 percent Hispanic you prove just how fucking stupid you are.

Either PROVE your claim or shut the FUCK up.

The city got to pay a cool 3 million dollars for THIS one!

City pays $2.45 million in fatal shooting of mom - The Santa Ana Register : The Orange County Register

Another:

City To Pay $3M Settlement In Fatal Police Shooting « CBS Chicago

And another. Of course, when they shoot one of their own is the only time they are too quick to shoot! :rolleyes:

Federal Agent Killed in Long Island Pharmacy Heist | Video | TheBlaze.com

So because something happened elsewhere you think that is proof that 2 cops just chose to murder a kid for a racist reason? You don't even know they are not in fact Hispanic themselves. Further your theory falls all apart when the Hispanic Police Chief SUPPORTS the shooting.

I repeat, provide some evidence of your claim. SOME REAL EVIDENCE.

I proved to you that cops are too quick to shoot. There are more incidents of cities having to pay and this one will as well. I guess well will learn sooner or later what flavor these cops were, but judging from the community response, I would leave my cyber dollar on their not being 'just part of the Hispanic community.'

Yeah, if it was so up and up, then why aren't their names out there?

I guess you would shoot the girl for holding a pellet gun pointed at the ground as well.

Because, like you, everybody is too damned busy playing the race/victim card to admit the FACT that this 200lb dumbass pointed what appears to be a 9mm handgun at the police immediately following a violent attack on another student.

Were they supposed to stand by and allow another Columbine-style rampage?

Unsubscribing before I say something unkind to Sunshine
:eusa_hand:

They spent 20 minutes talking to him. Meanwhile hundreds of kids were trapped in rooms that he could have easily entered if it were a real gun. And her suggestion? Simply leave and let him do as he pleased. It definitely LOOKS real and further that weapon CAN kill.

20 minutes. Big whoop. There were no special techniques used here. Not even an attempt to de-escalate.
Yeah. A pellet gun.

Number one, the pellet gun looked like a glock. When the kid was told to drop it, he persisted in acting in a threatening manner, and had stated prior to the incident that he would do just that.

Number two, the kid also had a knife and had already been in a fight earlier that day from what I understand.

A "good" kid doesn't carry knives to school for the purpose of fighting, nor does he resist when a cop tells him to drop a gun that looks like a glock.

The kid was either really stupid, really defiant, or both.

OK, there you have it. There had ALREADY been an opportunity to intervene with this kid. Why was he even at school at that point? The school officials already had the opportunity for expulsion and they chose not to take it. If any of you had been paying attention rather than just out for my blood, you would have seen where I posted earlier a psychologist who stated in an article that there have usually been warning signs before an incident like this has happened. This was clear negligence on the part of the school, IMNSHO. What do you have to say about THEM? THEY let him stay after they had, not one, but TWO good reasons to send him home.

Plain and simple:
The kid got shot because he refused to drop his weapon. The weapon was an air pistol, which just happened to look like a Glock. The kid was carrying a knife which he had brandished earlier in the day in a fight. This case has everything to do with competent cops doing their jobs to protect the other kids in the school, and nothing to do with race. When people stop trying to give a free pass to violent punks and look at what the real problem is, and address it, this kind of shit won't be happening.

As above. There had already been an opportunity for expulsion and the SCHOOL authorities chose not to act. What's your excuse for THE SCHOOL AUTHORITIES sitting with their heads up their asses. If they had sent him home earlier this wouldn't have happened and you wouldn't be defending this stupidity.

Yeah. A pellet gun.

STFU Sunshine! SWAT team members are people too and what with unemployment running at staggering levels in local governments ...they need to respond to every perceived emergency as if it is a full blown Al Queda attack. So fuck off and just be glad these guys have jobs.

Yes SWAT team members. These were NOT SWAT team members. SWAT stands for 'SPECIAL WEAPONS AND TECHNIQUES.' There were no special weapons or techniques used here. There was no skill deployed or even to be deployed in de-escalation and now these guys will be hiding the rest of their lives if they don't go to jail.

Yeah, No one wants another Columbine. But, evidenced by the death threats, most people clearly don't want kids wantonly shot and killed in school by the authorities either. The failure here was in the system. The failure of the school system to use their option for expulsion when he previously brandished a knife and punched another kid out; the emergency response system for not calling in skilled people; and the two green horns who went for not even trying a non violent intervention.

Someone should be questioning EVERY single one of these levels of authority. Honestly, I don't know why the emergency response system isn't better prepared for this type of thing. It didn't start with Columbine. I was at a local school right here in KY attending an assembly program when a kid came in loaded to the gills planning to kill somoene. There just happened to be a parent in the hall who had training in this type of intervention who disarmed him. Kids brought guns to school when I was a kid and that was a long time ago. It won't end with this either. The flourishing gang atmosphere we have in this country, particularly amongst our youth, insures that. There should already be protocols in place for schools to act quickly and for properly trained people to go in first and attempt to minimize the loss of life. In this situation, obviously there would have been no loss of life had there been some prior planning.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back