Texas Teen Killed by Police in School Had a Pellet Gun!

And, this incident begs the question, how much warning did school officials have?

Dewey Cornell, a psychologist and education professor at the University of Virginia, said that in most school shooting cases, someone knew beforehand about an armed student's distress.

Parents say cop shooting of boy unjustified

I find it interesting that they haven't released the names of the officers.

From your link:

He [the interim police chief] confirmed to The Brownsville Herald that police officers have received death threats following the shooting death.

I find it prudent that their names haven't been widely circulated.

Bu..bu...bu.... they are just part of that community and they did the right thing! :cuckoo:

NOT!

And, this incident begs the question, how much warning did school officials have?

Parents say cop shooting of boy unjustified

I find it interesting that they haven't released the names of the officers.

From your link:

He [the interim police chief] confirmed to The Brownsville Herald that police officers have received death threats following the shooting death.

Bu..bu...bu.... they are just part of that community and they did the right thing! :cuckoo:

NOT!

Think about it. Death threats. If you were the police chief and you released their names and they were killed ....

just think about it for a minute .....

From your link:

NOT!

Think about it. Death threats. If you were the police chief and you released their names and they were killed ....

You're asking her to think.

Pretty sure that's asking too much.

From your link:

NOT!

She is to busy making shit up. The city is 90 percent Hispanic and has an Hispanic Police chief but we are to believe blue eyed Gringos are all the force has and that they are all racists bent on murdering children.

NOT!

article-2082432-0F57B04800000578-113_468x651.jpg

Yep.... looks like a great little guy

Why cant you admit maybe the cops did what they had to do.

I am appalled that you still maintain they acted in a racist manner :eusa_hand:

Cops NEVER want to pull the trigger. Killing someone especially a kid is something they have to live with the rest of their lives.
That said, their primary duty is to protect the public and then go home to their families. They can't very well do that if they are dead.
It makes little difference how old, or what nationality the person pointing a gun at you is. You are just as dead.
If I have faced someone, ANYONE, with a gun for 20 minutes and haven't fired in all that time, logic says something had to change for me to make a life or death decision at that specific moment.
No, it's not likely that at that specific moment, it became time for coffee break, or he suddenly craved a donut. It is much more likely that the LEO noticed an imminent threat and responded appropriately to it.

Earn, there are some out there who DO want to pull the trigger. And that's all they want to do. They would have spent time working with this kid if he had been white. And they would know the black community would raise holy hell if they shot one of theirs. But THIS? THIS was, no doubt to them, just another dirty 'anchor baby' who should either get the hell out of get the hell shot out of him.

You just made a specific claim, back it the FUCK UP. Prove your version is even remotely right. Unbelievable you would play the race card over and over. You have ZERO evidence, ZERO reason to believe it is true. You are a fucking dumb ass now. You might have had a point at one time but every time you claim this kid was shot JUST cause he was Hispanic in a community that is 85 percent Hispanic you prove just how fucking stupid you are.

Either PROVE your claim or shut the FUCK up.

The city got to pay a cool 3 million dollars for THIS one!

City pays $2.45 million in fatal shooting of mom - The Santa Ana Register : The Orange County Register

Another:

City To Pay $3M Settlement In Fatal Police Shooting « CBS Chicago

And another. Of course, when they shoot one of their own is the only time they are too quick to shoot! :rolleyes:

Federal Agent Killed in Long Island Pharmacy Heist | Video | TheBlaze.com

NOT!

Yeah, if it was so up and up, then why aren't their names out there?

I guess you would shoot the girl for holding a pellet gun pointed at the ground as well.

NOT!

She is to busy making shit up. The city is 90 percent Hispanic and has an Hispanic Police chief but we are to believe blue eyed Gringos are all the force has and that they are all racists bent on murdering children.

No one has proven that the shooters were Hispanic.

From your link:

NOT!

Hey! THEY are the ones with the big guns! I never worry about the ones with the big guns. Especially since there is a growing trend of them being used far too quickly.

Whats the difference between a fireman and a cop? Fireman dies trying. When it comes to the cop you will.

Last edited:
Earn, there are some out there who DO want to pull the trigger. And that's all they want to do. They would have spent time working with this kid if he had been white. And they would know the black community would raise holy hell if they shot one of theirs. But THIS? THIS was, no doubt to them, just another dirty 'anchor baby' who should either get the hell out of get the hell shot out of him.

You just made a specific claim, back it the FUCK UP. Prove your version is even remotely right. Unbelievable you would play the race card over and over. You have ZERO evidence, ZERO reason to believe it is true. You are a fucking dumb ass now. You might have had a point at one time but every time you claim this kid was shot JUST cause he was Hispanic in a community that is 85 percent Hispanic you prove just how fucking stupid you are.

City pays $2.45 million in fatal shooting of mom - The Santa Ana Register : The Orange County Register

Another:

And another. Of course, when they shoot one of their own is the only time they are too quick to shoot! :rolleyes:

A woman in California is shot while speeding.

A man in Illinois is shot while watching a fight.

Someone is shot during a drug robbery in New York.

How does any of that make that case that it was justified to pull out the race card when discussing a story about a young man killed while brandishing a gun in a school in Brownsville, Texas?

Another:

How does any of that make that case that it was justified to pull out the race card when discussing a story about a young man killed while brandishing a gun in a school in Brownsville, Texas?

I was ordered to prove that police are too quick to shoot. These are 3 examples of a city having to pay because their officers are too quick to shoot.

And the city will pay in this case as well. There were NO de-escalation techniques used here, and it sounds like there are a LOT of people who are as mad as hell about it. I can't say that I blame them. Since 9-11 the police think they are supposed to be storm troopers. There is an ever increasing abuse of power in this country that is egregious enough when used against adults. But when it is an adolescent who is shot without any attempt to intervene without gunfire, it is criminal. I hope they go to jail.

Another:

I was ordered to prove that police are too quick to shoot. These are 3 examples of a city having to pay because their officers are too quick to shoot.

And the city will pay in this case as well. There were NO de-escalation techniques used here, and it sounds like there are a LOT of people who are as mad as hell about it. I can't say that I blame them. Since 9-11 the police think they are supposed to be storm troopers. There is an ever increasing abuse of power in this country that is egregious enough when used against adults. But when it is an adolescent who is shot without any attempt to intervene without gunfire, it is criminal. I hope they go to jail.

Is anyone here surprised that Sunshine attempted to back up the wrong claim?

Is anyone here surprised that Sunshine attempted to back up the wrong claim?

I did not claim the shooting was racial. I speculated that it could be. No one has proven otherwise. But now that there are death threats against the officers, the 'oh well, they were all members of the community' whine just isn't cutting it. Maybe they were and maybe they weren't. What IS clear is that no attempt at de-escalation took place an they shot a kid dead way too fast. And a lot of people are really pissed off about it.

I did not claim the shooting was racial.

You have the memory of a guppy. And the same level of intelligence.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

NOT!

I guess you would shoot the girl for holding a pellet gun pointed at the ground as well.

Because, like you, everybody is too damned busy playing the race/victim card to admit the FACT that this 200lb dumbass pointed what appears to be a 9mm handgun at the police immediately following a violent attack on another student.

Were they supposed to stand by and allow another Columbine-style rampage?

Unsubscribing before I say something unkind to Sunshine
:eusa_hand:

Another:

So because something happened elsewhere you think that is proof that 2 cops just chose to murder a kid for a racist reason? You don't even know they are not in fact Hispanic themselves. Further your theory falls all apart when the Hispanic Police Chief SUPPORTS the shooting.

I repeat, provide some evidence of your claim. SOME REAL EVIDENCE.

No one has proven that the shooters were Hispanic.

YOU haven't proven they were white. In fact the make up of the city suggests that you are in fact simply wrong. You are making huge assumptions based on no evidence at all.

Because, like you, everybody is too damned busy playing the race/victim card to admit the FACT that this 200lb dumbass pointed what appears to be a 9mm handgun at the police immediately following a violent attack on another student.

Were they supposed to stand by and allow another Columbine-style rampage?

Unsubscribing before I say something unkind to Sunshine
:eusa_hand:

They spent 20 minutes talking to him. Meanwhile hundreds of kids were trapped in rooms that he could have easily entered if it were a real gun. And her suggestion? Simply leave and let him do as he pleased. It definitely LOOKS real and further that weapon CAN kill.

Yeah. A pellet gun.

The parents of an eighth grader in Brownsville, Texas are outraged over the death of their teenage son to police bullets in what may have been a deadly misunderstanding.

15-year-old Jamie González was shot three times in a hallway at Cummings Middle School in Brownsville after a confrontation in which the police said the boy brandished— and refused to drop — what appeared to be a handgun. The weapon turned out to be a pellet gun that closely resembled the real thing, police said late Wednesday.

What happened was an injustice.I know that my son wasn't perfect, but he was a great kid.
- Noralva Gonzalez, Mother of 15 year-old Jaime González

"Why was so much excess force used on a minor?" the boy's father, Jaime González Sr., told The Associated Press outside the family's home Wednesday night. "Three shots. Why not one that would bring him down?"

Read more: Texas Teen Shot in School by Police Had a Pellet Gun | Fox News Latino

What ever happend to SWAT? Special Weapons and Technniques. Was there any other way? Some will say no. Others will say yes. But it is pretty bad when your kid goes to middle school and comes out in a body bag.

Number one, the pellet gun looked like a glock. When the kid was told to drop it, he persisted in acting in a threatening manner, and had stated prior to the incident that he would do just that.

Number two, the kid also had a knife and had already been in a fight earlier that day from what I understand.

A "good" kid doesn't carry knives to school for the purpose of fighting, nor does he resist when a cop tells him to drop a gun that looks like a glock.

The kid was either really stupid, really defiant, or both.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back