Texas Teen Killed by Police in School Had a Pellet Gun!

20 minutes is nothing. The kid wasn't shooting. They had time. If they didn't have the skill, they should have called in someone who DID have the skill. This was a serious error in judgment. I think your coffee break theory might have some credence. Too many people are impatient with young people these days. The see all our young people as nothing more than some kind of dirty scum, and even more so when they are Hispanic. I reference the numerous threads on 'anchor babies.' This kid was a drum major. He was part of the functional system of education, not some tattoo covered gang member.

I love you too! However, I have worked in the field of manics, panics, and satanics for 22 years. I've dealt with far worse, I can tell you. With no weapon of my own to use, and I'm still around to tell the stories.

I would encourage you to think about this one since you like bikes and tats. I have a friend who, several years ago bought a bike. He always talked of how differently people treated him and his wife when they were on the bike than they were treated driving their big luxury car. He said the experience taught him what it felt like to be a '******.' I don't know what flavor the cops were in this, but given the current temperment of the population, a LOT of people in America are and would be very willing to pull the trigger on an Hispanic kid much faster than they would on a white or a black kid.
Cops NEVER want to pull the trigger. Killing someone especially a kid is something they have to live with the rest of their lives.
That said, their primary duty is to protect the public and then go home to their families. They can't very well do that if they are dead.
It makes little difference how old, or what nationality the person pointing a gun at you is. You are just as dead.
If I have faced someone, ANYONE, with a gun for 20 minutes and haven't fired in all that time, logic says something had to change for me to make a life or death decision at that specific moment.
No, it's not likely that at that specific moment, it became time for coffee break, or he suddenly craved a donut. It is much more likely that the LEO noticed an imminent threat and responded appropriately to it.

Earn, there are some out there who DO want to pull the trigger. And that's all they want to do. They would have spent time working with this kid if he had been white. And they would know the black community would raise holy hell if they shot one of theirs. But THIS? THIS was, no doubt to them, just another dirty 'anchor baby' who should either get the hell out of get the hell shot out of him.

ahhh, now we come to the crux of the matter.

the kid was hispanic, and the evil white cops, led by their chief orlando rodríguez, couldn't control their urge for blood and donuts.

Cops NEVER want to pull the trigger. Killing someone especially a kid is something they have to live with the rest of their lives.
That said, their primary duty is to protect the public and then go home to their families. They can't very well do that if they are dead.
It makes little difference how old, or what nationality the person pointing a gun at you is. You are just as dead.
If I have faced someone, ANYONE, with a gun for 20 minutes and haven't fired in all that time, logic says something had to change for me to make a life or death decision at that specific moment.
No, it's not likely that at that specific moment, it became time for coffee break, or he suddenly craved a donut. It is much more likely that the LEO noticed an imminent threat and responded appropriately to it.

Earn, there are some out there who DO want to pull the trigger. And that's all they want to do. They would have spent time working with this kid if he had been white. And they would know the black community would raise holy hell if they shot one of theirs. But THIS? THIS was, no doubt to them, just another dirty 'anchor baby' who should either get the hell out of get the hell shot out of him.

ahhh, no we come to the crux of the matter.

the kid was hispanic, and the evil white cops, led by their chief orlando rodríguez, couldn't control their urge for blood and donuts.

Prove that wasn't the case.

Please stop with the racist element. Chances are very good that the officers who shot him are Hispanic. The interim police chief is.

In that community, he would not have stood out because of his ethnicity.

He stood out because he had a gun in school.

Prove it. I have as much right to speculate about this as you or anyone else.

Of course you have a right to speculate.

Yet when are allegations of racism helpful?

Brownsville demographics: 93.19% Hispanic/Latino

Brownsville, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, I think the burden is on you to prove it was the case. Personally, I doubt it. I'm getting sick of all the cries of "racism". BTW, "hispanic" isn't a race, it's an ethnicity and "hispanics" come pretty much in all colors.

And, this incident begs the question, how much warning did school officials have?

Dewey Cornell, a psychologist and education professor at the University of Virginia, said that in most school shooting cases, someone knew beforehand about an armed student's distress.

Parents say cop shooting of boy unjustified

I find it interesting that they haven't released the names of the officers.

From your link:

He [the interim police chief] confirmed to The Brownsville Herald that police officers have received death threats following the shooting death.

I find it prudent that their names haven't been widely circulated.

20 minutes is nothing. The kid wasn't shooting. They had time. If they didn't have the skill, they should have called in someone who DID have the skill. This was a serious error in judgment. I think your coffee break theory might have some credence. Too many people are impatient with young people these days. The see all our young people as nothing more than some kind of dirty scum, and even more so when they are Hispanic. I reference the numerous threads on 'anchor babies.' This kid was a drum major. He was part of the functional system of education, not some tattoo covered gang member.

I love you too! However, I have worked in the field of manics, panics, and satanics for 22 years. I've dealt with far worse, I can tell you. With no weapon of my own to use, and I'm still around to tell the stories.

I would encourage you to think about this one since you like bikes and tats. I have a friend who, several years ago bought a bike. He always talked of how differently people treated him and his wife when they were on the bike than they were treated driving their big luxury car. He said the experience taught him what it felt like to be a '******.' I don't know what flavor the cops were in this, but given the current temperment of the population, a LOT of people in America are and would be very willing to pull the trigger on an Hispanic kid much faster than they would on a white or a black kid.

You just made a specific claim, back it the FUCK UP. Prove your version is even remotely right. Unbelievable you would play the race card over and over. You have ZERO evidence, ZERO reason to believe it is true. You are a fucking dumb ass now. You might have had a point at one time but every time you claim this kid was shot JUST cause he was Hispanic in a community that is 85 percent Hispanic you prove just how fucking stupid you are.

Either PROVE your claim or shut the FUCK up.

You made the claim it is YOUR responsibility to prove YOUR claim. Of course you have ZERO evidence, ZERO proof and absolutely no reason to make the claim when the police chief is in fact Hispanic himself and over 85 percent of the population is Hispanic.

I'm very critical of police abuse, but in this case, I don't blame them for shooting him. It doesn't sound like they had any way of knowing whether that gun was real or not. When faced with that situation you either take the chance the person kills you or you kill them first. I know what choice I would have made. The shooting was justified in my opinion. The kid was 15 years old. At that age he was fully aware of the risks involved in what he was doing.
Not to mention he probably had his ass hanging out of his pants and his cap turned sideways. Y'all know I HATE fucking cops but I'da blown dat lil gangsta right out of his brogans.

:rofl:
sure, because we all know that it's possible to prove a negative :thup:

get a grip

:rofl:
sure, because we all know that it's possible to prove a negative :thup:

get a grip

I don't think she gets the concept of "proving a negative".

Geez, Red! Brownsville is 85% Hispanic, the police chief is Spanish. I would bet that at least one of the officers was also Hispanic. This had NOTHING to do with his ethnicity.

You made the claim it is YOUR responsibility to prove YOUR claim. Of course you have ZERO evidence, ZERO proof and absolutely no reason to make the claim when the police chief is in fact Hispanic himself and over 85 percent of the population is Hispanic.

Have we even heard the cops names... do we know they were not hispanic?

The 'race card' is just stupid... sorry sunshine.

Geez, Red! Brownsville is 85% Hispanic, the police chief is Spanish. I would bet that at least one of the officers was also Hispanic. This had NOTHING to do with his ethnicity.

They were out to kill brown people because their donuts were going stale. This is the new narrative.

I gave you a pass early on in the thread because I wasn't certain that you honestly thought that. Now I am certain. So, it's up to you to prove your assertion.

This is part of a growing trend in America for authorities to ignore the rights of citizens. I mean, if Obama can order a contract on an American, then why can't ordinary cops just assume the role of storm trooper? Answer: There is no reason they can't. No accountabiity.

True statement. Can you apply it to this circumstance? If yes, please do so. If no, then we can only assume that the cop in question did the best he could in a bad situation.

Prove it. I have as much right to speculate about this as you or anyone else.

Prove it? Prove it? You demand proof and yet you have failed to prove your own allegation. Pot, meet kettle.

You cannot prove a negative. My assumption that you are an intelligent/reasoning person is being eroded when you act like this.

• You are making racist allegations without proof.
  • You are maligning the integrity and professionalism of the cop without proof.
  • You are making assumptions based on your experience which is increasingly less relevant due to the above two observations and your credibility is falling.

Hre:

Speculate no more.....

A police report stated: 'The weapon used by the suspect is a CO2 .177-calibre pellet pistol and is similar to a Glock type semi-automatic handgun.'
Before the confrontation with police, the teenager is reported to have walked into a classroom and punched another boy in the nose.
Pictured: The teenager shot dead after taking pellet gun to school posing with friend holding 'lethal weapon' | Mail Online

.177 caliber, hunh?????
Not much different than a .22

Gomez and others have said the neighborhood is a tough place to grow up. There are many single-parent homes and some gang problems
Priest warns other Texas students at funeral for teen shot in school ‘don’t get lost’ - The Washington Post

And here is our hero and his girlfriend posing with the weapon:
article-2082432-0F57B04800000578-113_468x651.jpg

In another account, I read that the kid stated he was going to kill everybody.

At any rate- for all intents and purposes he was holding a loaded weapon and intended to use it.
How could the officers be expected to assume otherwise.

Let's see a picture of the gun and judge for ourselves.

In another account, I read that the kid stated he was going to kill everybody.

At any rate- for all intents and purposes he was holding a loaded weapon and intended to use it.
How could the officers be expected to assume otherwise.

Let's see a picture of the gun and judge for ourselves.

Posted right above you with a couple links that have other pictures

:eusa_shifty:

What you just listed proves nothing when pertaining to racism. Nothing. I hear this crap everytime a black teen kid gets shot 50 times. "one of the officers was black so it couldnt be reacist". That means squat.

(Please keep in mind though, this was a good shoot. IMO)

New Topics

Forum List

Back