Texas and Florida are competitive in an election

Texas Hispanics are more likely to be multi-generational in the US, and more conservative than Hispanics in say California and New York, where they are often 1st or 2nd generation immigrants.

Indeed. Texas Hispanics are often typical bible belt voters, having deep religious cultural roots.

Republicans shouldn't pander to anyone to get votes. That Is what your party does. Didn't work for them in the midterms. Why don't you ponder that.
Republicans pander to no one?

Old vs young
Rich vs poor
Urban vs Rural

Republicans are one size fits all?

Yeah yeah..republicans, democrats..they both suck.

Just got an alert - mayweather going to fight Pacman May 2!!
Mayweather is a pussy

I kinda agree, but a smart one...he waited until Pacman was passed his prime so he wouldn't have to risk a loss...and playing the long game worked out - he's going to make a hundred million dollars for the fight.

They should have fought five years ago in their prime. Mayweather is a pussy....hope he loses

5 years ago? Try 10. I don't think he'll lose though.

Texas today is 38.4% Hispanic and 44% non-hispanic white, a 5.6% difference

Texas QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

As the Hispanic population increases due to higher birth rates and migration, Texas will move to being a Hispanic majority state.

Current Republican policies against immigration reform and petty legislation on show your papers and english only will ensure those voters will vote Democratic

Stop the lies and bullshit talking points.

republicans are not against immigration, they are against illegal immigration just as are a majority of americans

texas will never give its electoral votes to a democrat, never. you are dreaming.

the GOP house has passed immigration reform bills, Reid would not let one reach the floor of the senate. Now, we will get a senate vote, a conference committee, and a bill to put in front of obozo. Then we will see who is obstructing immigration reform.

I wouldn't be o sure about Texas electoral votes if I were you. There are more Democratic party members here than right wingers want to admit. No, they don't vote as much as they should, mostly because the state is Gerrymandered to make their votes immaterial, but that is changing, and changing much faster than the right will be able to deal with.

Yeah Greg Abbott must have won because of gerrymandering.

Gerrymandering tends to reduce the oppressed parties turnout in all elections.

right, that explains why obama won Ohio and Penn. Gerrymandering in the big cities has virtually eliminated the GOP votes.

Its a game that both parties have been playing for years.

but again, your naivete is noted.

Rinse and repeat. Don't you ever get bored? You always talk about how democrats own the hispanic vote, then you ask Republicans how they are going to pander to Hispanics to get thier votes. Don't worry about it. you are not hispanic - stop trying to speak for them. The republicans will be fine without a useful idiot like you provide them with solutions on how to win elections.
I like it
Republicans are just fine the way they are......meanwhile the Demographics are changing and the old, white, male Christians don't have the clout they used to

The demographics aren't changing - that's just marxist propiganda. Last I checked it's the Democrats that got spanked in the midterms. If there's a party that needs reflection - it's yours.
The numbers are out there

Florida and Texas are within four percent either way
The expected increase in Hispanic populations in both states will make a huge difference

But yea.......demographics don't apply to Republicans

Wait..so you're making the excuse that Wendy Davis lost because of gerrymandering? ?? I've heard it all!!!

Oddly, you didn't hear what you think you heard. Get a grownup to explain what I said.

I don't nead another grown up (two words) to explain to me what I already know - that you're a moron.

Moron enough to know that if the Republicans don't make a play for the Hispanic vote, they will lose Texas

we know that that is what you wish for but its not reality. the GOP is gaining hispanic votes with every stupid move or lie told by obama or the idiots like pelosi and reid.

those 3 people have set the dem party back for the next 20 or 30 years. you voted them in, you deserve it.

I like it
Republicans are just fine the way they are......meanwhile the Demographics are changing and the old, white, male Christians don't have the clout they used to

The demographics aren't changing - that's just marxist propiganda. Last I checked it's the Democrats that got spanked in the midterms. If there's a party that needs reflection - it's yours.

The expected increase in Hispanic populations in both states will make a huge difference

Wait..so you're making the excuse that Wendy Davis lost because of gerrymandering? ?? I've heard it all!!!

Oddly, you didn't hear what you think you heard. Get a grownup to explain what I said.

I don't nead another grown up (two words) to explain to me what I already know - that you're a moron.

Moron enough to know that if the Republicans don't make a play for the Hispanic vote, they will lose Texas

we know that that is what you wish for but its not reality. the GOP is gaining hispanic votes with every stupid move or lie told by obama or the idiots like pelosi and reid.

those 3 people have set the dem party back for the next 20 or 30 years. you voted them in, you deserve it.
With 90% of Hispanics supporting immigration reform and Republicans openly blocking it....don't think you are winning voters

Republicans have had congress for six weeks. They have been sitting on immigration reform for over a year......what are they waiting for?

Republicans shouldn't pander to anyone to get votes. That Is what your party does. Didn't work for them in the midterms. Why don't you ponder that.

Old vs young
Rich vs poor
Urban vs Rural

thats really funny coming from a member of the divide and conquer party. your kenyan messiah has divided this country like never before: race, sex, age, ethnicity, income, location, religion.

No president in history has been as divisive as obama, but in your inane stupidity you accuse the GOP of doing it------------------------------????

you are truly a left wing tool with no capacity for original thinking.

With 90% of Hispanics supporting immigration reform and Republicans openly blocking it....don't think you are winning voters

Republicans have had congress for six weeks. They have been sitting on immigration reform for over a year......what are they waiting for?

90% of all americans want immigration reform. 100% of legal hispanics want it. Obozo and the dems controlled congress for his first two years, why didn't he do something then? Instead the idiot focused on screwing up the best medical system in the history of the world.

Why don't the dems want a secure border? why hasn't obama put up the fence that congress authorized and funded?

Its amazing how you spout talking points and ignore facts. But you are a dem/lib tool, its what you do.

90% of all americans want immigration reform. 100% of legal hispanics want it. Obozo and the dems controlled congress for his first two years, why didn't he do something then? Instead the idiot focused on screwing up the best medical system in the history of the world.

Why don't the dems want a secure border? why hasn't obama put up the fence that congress authorized and funded?

Its amazing how you spout talking points and ignore facts. But you are a dem/lib tool, its what you do.

The House passed the DREAM act in 2010, but it was filibustered by the GOP in the Senate and never made it to Obama's desk.

Wishful thinking? :dunno:

Demographics are what they are

Republicans can ignore them, but they will eventually catch up with you. Republicans forfeiting the Hispanic vote will cost them for a generation

The current Lt Gov of Texas just won half the Hispanic vote in November despite being a vocal opponent of illegal immigration and Obama's "amnesty."

Isn't funny that the Democrats are so racist, they think a person's race automatically dictates their votes? Maybe instead of defining people based on their race, they should spend their efforts trying to come up with policy that might actually do something good for the country.

Republicans can ignore them, but they will eventually catch up with you. Republicans forfeiting the Hispanic vote will cost them for a generation

The current Lt Gov of Texas just won half the Hispanic vote in November despite being a vocal opponent of illegal immigration and Obama's "amnesty."

Texan hispanics are more right-leaning than what you'd find in the rest of the country.

It's not really "just" hispanics that's turning Texas blue, it's also urbanization. The growing parts of Texas are overwhelmingly the big cities and their inner suburbs. As those urban areas grow it's inevitable that some kind of political realignment will happen there.

Old vs young
Rich vs poor
Urban vs Rural

thats really funny coming from a member of the divide and conquer party. your kenyan messiah has divided this country like never before: race, sex, age, ethnicity, income, location, religion.

No president in history has been as divisive as obama, but in your inane stupidity you accuse the GOP of doing it------------------------------????

you are truly a left wing tool with no capacity for original thinking.

Claiming that Republicans are somehow "above" considering demographics is ridiculous. Every bill affects people differently. To assume every Republican bill impacts everyone the same is idiotic
Let's start by naming a single Republican bill that does not help the wealthy the most

Texan hispanics are more right-leaning than what you'd find in the rest of the country.

It's not really "just" hispanics that's turning Texas blue, it's also urbanization. The growing parts of Texas are overwhelmingly the big cities and their inner suburbs. As those urban areas grow it's inevitable that some kind of political realignment will happen there.
People moving from blue states do not turn red once they cross the Texas border

Texas today is 38.4% Hispanic and 44% non-hispanic white, a 5.6% difference

Texas QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

As the Hispanic population increases due to higher birth rates and migration, Texas will move to being a Hispanic majority state.

Current Republican policies against immigration reform and petty legislation on show your papers and english only will ensure those voters will vote Democratic

Stop the lies and bullshit talking points.

republicans are not against immigration, they are against illegal immigration just as are a majority of americans

texas will never give its electoral votes to a democrat, never. you are dreaming.

the GOP house has passed immigration reform bills, Reid would not let one reach the floor of the senate. Now, we will get a senate vote, a conference committee, and a bill to put in front of obozo. Then we will see who is obstructing immigration reform.

I wouldn't be o sure about Texas electoral votes if I were you. There are more Democratic party members here than right wingers want to admit. No, they don't vote as much as they should, mostly because the state is Gerrymandered to make their votes immaterial, but that is changing, and changing much faster than the right will be able to deal with.

right, that explains why obama won Ohio and Penn. Gerrymandering in the big cities has virtually eliminated the GOP votes.

Its a game that both parties have been playing for years.

but again, your naivete is noted.

Of course the game has been played or years. It has only been accelerated to the present extremes in the last several, however.

Texas Hispanics are more likely to be multi-generational in the US, and more conservative than Hispanics in say California and New York, where they are often 1st or 2nd generation immigrants.

c5jm2rmo_0oo5n23h3lbpg.png

Preferences don't always translate to votes. Also you have to remember the South is full of "democrats" that haven't pulled the democrat lever in decades. Long time Hispanic residents included.
These people are known as Republicans.

And some of them still identify as "democrats."
Can you name people who do this, or is it an unsubstantiated statement?

Preferences don't always translate to votes. Also you have to remember the South is full of "democrats" that haven't pulled the democrat lever in decades. Long time Hispanic residents included.
These people are known as Republicans.

And some of them still identify as "democrats."
But have not voted that way for years? Do not sound like Democrats.

its that quirky thing where you don't actually have to vote for the party you belong to. My grandfather's family is from a long line of elected democrats, and he still votes for some on the local level, and is still registered as one. However he hasn't voted for one in a presidential election since Carter.
But he does vote for candidates who are Democrats, that is not what you said.

People moving from blue states do not turn red once they cross the Texas border
True. They were red before they moved.

Forum List

Back