Ten years is up.....time to release everyone from Gitmo

You do not have to be a citizen to be entitled to basic human rights

Burden of proof is on the government
They're not there for being nice people. They are there for the wanton stalking and murder of United States Citizens. Their recidivism rate runs around 95% of returning to lives of murder plots on Americans. Over here repeat serial criminals at some time are remanded to custody without the possibility of parole for less violent crimes than those perpetuated by GITMO detainees. Every one you let out hopes to take out 1,000 Americans some day and works his life to that end. The only way it ain't gonna happen is if we remand them to serving their life sentences where they cannot harm themselves and others.

No they are not

The vast majority had no involvement in 9-11. If we believe they are guilty of crimes, we need to prove it.

Basic premise of the Bill of Rights

Is that you Ron Paul?

We are a nation of laws. One of our most cherished documents is the Bill of Rights which guarantees the right to a speedy trial, right to see the evidence against you and right to face your accuser

We, as a nation have done none of that and hold men who are "suspected" of being terrorists in indefinite detention. Isn't it time to put up or shut up and either try or release these men?

Pay attention people, People who think like this, are running this country now. Liberal Democrats are Dangerous to American Security. It is that simple.

They're terrorists.....try to keep that in perspective.
Who told you that? The same guys who said Hussein had Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Trying to be stupid? They did. That was the concern, no one knew to what degree. Not to mention Saddam played it like he did.

You can bitch about many things in the sitcom, but get your fucking facts correct hack!!

Who told you that? The same guys who said Hussein had Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Saddam believed he had WMD too. That's kind of how the whole 'WDM' thing started. Would have been easier, cheaper, and far more beneficial to his personal long term wellbeing, if he had told the truth.

We are a nation of laws. One of our most cherished documents is the Bill of Rights which guarantees the right to a speedy trial, right to see the evidence against you and right to face your accuser

We, as a nation have done none of that and hold men who are "suspected" of being terrorists in indefinite detention. Isn't it time to put up or shut up and either try or release these men?

Pay attention people, People who think like this, are running this country now. Liberal Democrats are Dangerous to American Security. It is that simple.

Sorry....just the way I grew up

I grew up believing that we were the good guys, that we did not torture, that we gave our criminals basic constitutional rights.

I grew up believing that we were the good guys, that we did not torture, that we gave our criminals basic constitutional rights.

Its a different world now but that should be the paradigm.

I have to side with you RW. We went there.

For the last 3 years it's been the Obama Administration keeping them there. Is Obama part of the conspiracy as well?

Obama is a spineless coward when it comes to Gitmo. Once he saw the political ramifications of actually providing basic human rights he kicked it down the road and ducked his responsibility

Saddam believed he had WMD too. That's kind of how the whole 'WDM' thing started. Would have been easier, cheaper, and far more beneficial to his personal long term wellbeing, if he had told the truth.

Saddams generals lied to him out of fear for their own lives. Everyone believed saddam had them except his generals who knew but wouldn't tell. Course the left had a crystal ball and knew all along I guess.

Saddams generals lied to him out of fear for their own lives. Everyone believed saddam had them except his generals who knew but wouldn't tell. Course the left had a crystal ball and knew all along I guess.

They were for it before it was politically expedient to be against it.

What a bunch of mamby pamby bullshit. Grow some fucking balls and man up. Who gives a fuck about some so called moral high ground when compared to the scum of the earth we are detaining.

You fucking bleeding heart libs are a joke. A laughing stock.
Your position doesn't take balls. It takes ignorance.

Who is this "they"?

Are you referring to the 61% of House Dems and 42% of the Senate Dems who voted against the AUMF Iraq?

Are you referring to the approx 50% of Americans who were against the invasion?

Who is this "they"?

Are you referring to the 61% of House Dems and 42% of the Senate Dems who voted against the AUMF Iraq?

Are you referring to the approx 50% of Americans who were against the invasion?

:lmao: Democrats

I grew up with a father who had inoperable shrapnel in his body. When he was a POW in a Japanese interment camp, they tortured him by hammering the shrapnel. When I was in high school, driving was torture for him. Every time he turned his head to check for an oncoming car, the shrapnel pain jabbed him.

Your problem is you think they're nice guys. They're not. They're brutal torturer/killers, and they are brainwashed into doing it for "Allah." the god that promotes getting even rather than forgiveness.

The only thing standing between these brutal animals and American citizens are our American troops and Homeland Security agents not letting them carry their message of hatred to America in the form of a nuclear weapon.

Right now, the warmonger Ahmadinejad is seeing how much ruckus he can raise for the United States among our neighbors in South America.

He finally figured it out that if he is going to get us in his lifetime, he has to come over here and solicit others with his oil money to inflict any and all kinds of damage against our nation. He's a rat and a villain and hangs with pandering loudmouths like Hugo Chavez.

I grew up with a father who had inoperable shrapnel in his body. When he was a POW in a Japanese interment camp, they tortured him by hammering the shrapnel. When I was in high school, driving was torture for him. Every time he turned his head to check for an oncoming car, the shrapnel pain jabbed him.

Your problem is you think they're nice guys. They're not. They're brutal torturer/killers, and they are brainwashed into doing it for "Allah." the god that promotes getting even rather than forgiveness.

The only thing standing between these brutal animals and American citizens are our American troops and Homeland Security agents not letting them carry their message of hatred to America in the form of a nuclear weapon.

Right now, the warmonger Ahmadinejad is seeing how much ruckus he can raise for the United States among our neighbors in South America.

He finally figured it out that if he is going to get us in his lifetime, he has to come over here and solicit others with his oil money to inflict any and all kinds of damage against our nation. He's a rat and a villain and hangs with pandering loudmouths like Hugo Chavez.

Sorry, but I don't think we prove anything by sinking to their level. We are the United States....We set the moral high ground

Sorry, but I don't think we prove anything by sinking to their level. We are the United States....We set the moral high ground

There is no high moral ground in war.

Forum List

Back