Tell us why you vote Republican. And if you make a claim - PROVE IT!

Tell us why you vote Republican. And if you make a claim - PROVE IT!
I voted for George Bush in 2000, because he talked about "no nation building" - youtube search "George Bush you forgot". - Same reason many people voted for Obama in 2008, because he promised to meet with Syrian, Iranian, Cuban leaders upon his first year in office. I am proud to say I was not duped any more.

We're never going back to pre-20th century times. At least I hope to god not....

WE need regulatins
WE need a well educated society
WE need science institutions. I couldn't name a first or second world nation that doesn't have them. We have the best.
WE need investment into our own infrastruture
WE need a safety net---NOT at all against fixing it to favor the workers.

These are things that shouldn't charge if we're to remain a respectable nation.

When I vote republican it's mainly because they're not democrats. Today's democrats encourage and embrace the depletion of structured families which is at the core of social demise. They divide the country, that is, they are the party of segregation, pandering to each group they create. They stifle economic progress through their green energy and AGW scam. Their foreign policy leaves the US in mortal danger.
Anything but a democrat.
lots of Republicans do some dividing themselves....by calling the poor leaches and minorities nice colorful metaphors doesnt do much uniting...
My post was about democrats. I vote for repubs because they're not democrats, not because they are republicans.
The only one giving minorities names are democrats. Everyone then must be aware of the latest acceptable names or face the risk of being labeled racist or phobe something.
Democrat party is the party of bigotry and segregation, not to mention the AGW/EPA fascism.

We're never going back to pre-20th century times. At least I hope to god not....

WE need regulatins
WE need a well educated society
WE need science institutions. I couldn't name a first or second world nation that doesn't have them. We have the best.
WE need investment into our own infrastruture
WE need a safety net---NOT at all against fixing it to favor the workers.

These are things that shouldn't charge if we're to remain a respectable nation.
We need regulations that favor liberty of all.

We need the liberty to get a good education, instead of being forced to lower the bar for education to the least of us.

WE have science institutions, but we don't need science by committee. Only a few mentally handicapped democrats are running around like chicken little proclaiming the end of the world is nigh for science.

WE have made investments into our own infrastructure, but we don't need to waste our money on shovel ready shit that no one wants or based on cronyism.

WE have a safety net. Only a few mentally handicapped democrats are running around like chicken little proclaiming the end of the world is nigh and republicans want to throw grandma of the cliff.

How do you think the rich ended up paying less in ALL taxes and fees than anyone else percentagewise...hater dupes are total chumps of the greedy rich...

I like how the left tried to sell the story about Warren Buffetts secretary saying she paid more in taxes then he did.
Then after a while it changed to her paying a higher percentage.

Wrong. Here are Buffet's exact words:

"Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent."

The story did not change, as you claim. He said right at the outset he paid a lower percentage.

So tell us why you vote Republican.

Tell us which of their policies have worked in the last 15 years. And be able to prove it. No wild claims without evidence. Opinion pieces aren't evidence. Win us over with "facts".
Well, in the last 15 years, the GOP has certainly gone to shit. No doubt about it.

That's why I stopped voting. I will never vote Democratic, and since the GOP has gone to shit, that means I don't vote at all. I will not vote for the "lesser of two evils" because that is still voting for evil.

When the GOP was in charge, they doubled the national debt, started a few wars, increased the size of the federal government, expanded the breadth and scope of government power astronomically, created an entirely unfunded new medical entitlement social welfare program, locked up American citizens without habeas corpus, spied on tens of millions of Americans without warrants, harassed reporters and spied on them, lost guns in Mexico, suffered several attacks on diplomatic missions overseas, created a whole new Cabinet-level department with massive police powers, and laid the groundwork for the greatest financial crash since the Great Depression.

When the Democrats were in charge, they doubled the national debt, increased the size of the federal government, expanded the breadth and scope of government power astronomically, created an entirely new medical entitlement social welfare program, spied on tens of millions of Americans without warrants, harassed reporters and spied on them, lost guns in Mexico, suffered an attack on a diplomatic mission overseas, and failed to robustly recover from the greatest financial crash since the Great Depression.

The GOP wants back in power so they can double the national debt, start a few wars, increase the size of the federal government, expand the breadth and scope of government power astronomically, create an entirely unfunded new medical entitlement social welfare program, lock up American citizens without habeas corpus, spy on tens of millions of Americans without warrants, harass reporters and spy on them, lose guns in Mexico, suffer several attacks on diplomatic missions overseas, create a whole new Cabinet-level department, and lay the groundwork for the greatest financial crash since the one in 2008.

How do you think the rich ended up paying less in ALL taxes and fees than anyone else percentagewise...hater dupes are total chumps of the greedy rich...

I like how the left tried to sell the story about Warren Buffetts secretary saying she paid more in taxes then he did.

"Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent."

The story did not change, as you claim. He said right at the outset he paid a lower percentage.
Let me get this straight. The pubs say the problem with taxes is the higher brackets are too high. The democrats say the higher brackets are to low. Buffet is talking about capital gains taxes which is not the same as personal income taxes, and basically the democrats are to stupid to understand the difference.

Let me get this straight. The pubs say the problem with taxes is the higher brackets are too high. The democrats say the higher brackets are to low. Buffet is talking about capital gains taxes which is not the same as personal income taxes, and basically the democrats are to stupid to understand the difference.
You are too stupid to understand that was exactly Buffet's point! His point is that income is income, whether it is from investments or from labor. His income is taxed at a lower rate than his employees just because his comes from a different source than theirs.

When I vote republican it's mainly because they're not democrats. Today's democrats encourage and embrace the depletion of structured families which is at the core of social demise. They divide the country, that is, they are the party of segregation, pandering to each group they create. They stifle economic progress through their green energy and AGW scam. Their foreign policy leaves the US in mortal danger.
Anything but a democrat.
lots of Republicans do some dividing themselves....by calling the poor leaches and minorities nice colorful metaphors doesnt do much uniting...
My post was about democrats. I vote for repubs because they're not democrats, not because they are republicans.
The only one giving minorities names are democrats. Everyone then must be aware of the latest acceptable names or face the risk of being labeled racist or phobe something.
Democrat party is the party of bigotry and segregation, not to mention the AGW/EPA fascism.
The only one giving minorities names are democrats

really?.....so i guess all those righties here calling Blacks and Mexicans names are really Democrats in disguise then......learn something new every day....

Anything but a democrat.
The only one giving minorities names are democrats

really?.....so i guess all those righties here calling Blacks and Mexicans names are really Democrats in disguise then......learn something new every day....
I'm not talking about disparagements. I'm talking about labels of political convenience.
Undocumented worker, African-American, NAACP, CBC, BET, etc., all democrat.

You are too stupid to understand that was exactly Buffet's point! His point is that income is income, whether it is from investments or from labor. His income is taxed at a lower rate than his employees just because his comes from a different source than theirs.
Nonsense. Income from investments is not the same as income from labor. They are two fundamentally different types of activities. Comparing the two is as non-nonsensical as comparing retail sales taxes to property taxes to personal income taxes to vat taxes... They are all different. Making out that you got off by only having to pay capital gains taxes and laughing at the tax rates everyone pays on labor income is ludicrous.

Did Buffett get a different form than me? Mine always clearly has a box marked for donations if I were inclined to make them.

Also, there is no penalty for not taking every deduction you are entitled to.

Moral of the story. Buffett is a hypocrite, but you already knew that.

It's ok you wacked out right wing crazies. Just admit that even the CRAZIEST, most LOYAL Republican on these boards can't come up with a SINGLE fucking piece of legislation proposed by Republican that was advantageous to ALL Americans.

The best you seem to have is to try and turn the question around and ask why anyone would vote for a Democrat.
Let me answer that. It's because a Democrat is not a Republican. And I like to be kissed before I am fucked and the Republican won't kiss anybody EXCEPT an ultra wealthy person all the while putting the fucks to anybody that is not ultra wealthy. And I ain't ultra wealthy. Are you all?

To be polite, you haven't a clue. Frustratingly, few without could ever acknowledge or understand the following....

Conservative principals are inculcated in the U.S. Constitution. Only therein has there ever been equality and the constraint of government. But thanks to Wilson, Roosevelt, Johnson and now Obama, we've not only strayed far from the "advantageous or all Americans" as you say it, but we've come something else entirely, out of which has become this maleducation that success is evil and the unsuccessful somehow have extra rights.

We're doomed.....

Hell, don't worry about "polite". We are online. Remember?

But still I find it strange that even you, with all your vast knowledge of Republican politics can't come up with a single Republican piece of legislation that was enacted that benefited the majority of Americans.

Why is that? Is it only because Republicans have some convoluted ideas of "principals"?

Or is it that they have no leadership? No good ideas? What?

But you give your self away as a right wing hack when you stated it was ONLY Democrats that have acted in a manner that wasn't to the advantage of most Americans.

And we are doomed if, somehow, Republicans are elected to the WH and hold the majority of both Houses in Congress.

Doomed we would be for sure.

Of course politeness is important. I don't believe in the progressive reduction of basic standards and principles. I'm not perfect at it, but I try, It is very progressive of you to concede to the pull of lower standards, a result of the soft tyranny of low expectations.

Why would you find it strange that I can't come up with examples when I haven't even tried to do so? Rather than being so incredibly intolerant and/or naïve, isn't it more logical that I simply did not answer the question? This is only but one thread on but one forum one the internet, and not the imperatives of real life. Your anonymous and faceless and safety-from-afar assertion can only be projection, hope, or the more obvious, passive-aggressivism.

Like so many others, you put for a contention that others must prove your point for you. It is not my responsibility to prove the worthiness of conservatism to some intolerant and dangerous statist. I will. But first, lets get something out of the way....you seem so hell-bent on conservatism being the source of "doom" yet have not made one once of effort to prove your case, and instead, ask others to do your bidding. Or, as others to educate you, however you want to frame it.

You show me a conservative philosophy that hurts the aggregate and I'll make a list for you of obvious and important conservative policies that have benefited. I bet you cannot. To prove my seriousness and eagerness to engage you or anyone on this issue, I will feed you one of the most obvious bones....A Conservative agenda that benefitted most Americans was the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Care to challenge me on this one??

Forum List

Back