CDZ Telephone companies allow open fraud and abuse!

I use Apache Open Office. The format was double spaced para's with sub topic indents. What you see is how it looked after cut/paste to USMB. Please do not ask who/what/when/where/why. Moola Me, my home Taiwan! Are you saying the "KISS" principle is not recommended when dealing when the Govt, or are you saying use an austere version of the "KISS" principle? I mentioned the USMB as I would love for them to read all points of view posted, not simply mine. As I cannot offer 100% solid proof, others replying on USMB will add a base of proof. The letter is addressed to the FCC Complaints Div and to the Wireless Association which is an association of all wireless companies to satisfy talking to owner aspect. In my mind I have condemned the industry and asking that they be held accountable. That can be reworded but I want my complaint simple and the request for action simple. I honestly do not see much ambiguity in what I do state. The industry is shirking it's duty in my mind and I feel the industry should take action to stop the abuse of elders receiving illegal phone calls. I do not care about my State people as they can regulate State stuff but at the National Level they are ignored. and this is an International problem involving our Nation of States. I think I see what you are saying while you feel I am not complex enough for Washington. If that is the case, I find it ironic. Trust me when I say, I have no way to know what the reply will be. When I get it, then I can pick their wording apart. For now, as a letter of introduction is in order simply outlining why I am upset and what I would like to see be done about it! Having said all that, you say potato and I say potatoe. Either way we are discussing a root which we, at least aye enjoy eating. And thank you for volunteering or agreeing to help. I simply find a crude, rude and socially unacceptable position simpler than Washingtonese. I do not care if they think me a dummy as long as they think of me as a sincere dummy. :rolleyes: Regards

In terms of rush? No rush on you. Take your time, please.

Last edited:
I use Apache Open Office. The format was double spaced para's with sub topic indents. What you see is how it looked after cut/paste to USMB. Please do not ask who/what/when/where/why. Moola Me, my home Taiwan! Are you saying the "KISS" principle is not recommended when dealing when the Govt, or are you saying use an austere version of the "KISS" principle? I mentioned the USMB as I would love for them to read all points of view posted, not simply mine. As I cannot offer 100% solid proof, others replying on USMB will add a base of proof. The letter is addressed to the FCC Complaints Div and to the Wireless Association which is an association of all wireless companies to satisfy talking to owner aspect. In my mind I have condemned the industry and asking that they be held accountable. That can be reworded but I want my complaint simple and the request for action simple. I honestly do not see much ambiguity in what I do state. The industry is shirking it's duty in my mind and I feel the industry should take action to stop the abuse of elders receiving illegal phone calls. I do not care about my State people as they can regulate State stuff but at the National Level they are ignored. and this is an International problem involving our Nation of States. I think I see what you are saying while you feel I am not complex enough for Washington. If that is the case, I find it ironic. Trust me when I say, I have no way to know what the reply will be. When I get it, then I can pick their wording apart. For now, as a letter of introduction is in order simply outlining why I am upset and what I would like to see be done about it! Having said all that, you say potato and I say potatoe. Either way we are discussing a root which we, at least aye enjoy eating. And thank you for volunteering or agreeing to help. I simply find a crude, rude and socially unacceptable position simpler than Washingtonese. I do not care if they think me a dummy as long as they think of me as a sincere dummy. :rolleyes: Regards

In terms of rush? No rush on you. Take your time, please.

I am writing this the morning of the 7th. After sleeping on the 1st attempt to compose a letter I have decided to avoid the Government totally and and to go first to the Wireless Association, only. Why, you ask? Seems like the thing to do as I am charging them with responsibility for creating the problem and allowing the problem. Should anyone in G-ment be sympathetic they will be positive towards that move. As it would, in all probability, take until ......... for G-ment to respond, act and finalize any change, the Joint guys first. This will also reduce the complexity of the letter. I feel I can say with assurance, the G-ment does not have the ability to chew bubblegum and converse at the same time as bubbles with intermittent laughter consume all of the time available. Honestly 320, if you wish to dally in other areas, please do so. This is after all my Crusade and I should conduct it. I am spending more time at USMB than home working on my plan. Your assistance to this point has been remarkable and I think I shall attribute that to your honesty and desire to assist with the idea of doing things correctly. I will never again read one of your responses in the same light as before, Professor. It has been and hopefully will be a continuing pleasure to have your acquaintance via the keys. On the street, you are "Da Dude"! That is another 1st for me as I am conservative in thought and impulsive I might add, before you do. Truthfully, I AM a mess. :beer:.

P.S. As with you, I am easy to find. Oh, and yes, it was something I wrote, "who, how ,where, when and why." Been a long time, in memory.

To make matters worse, currently a system or systems which could be adapted by the communications industry are available on the open market. Why then, has the communications industry failed to adapt that resource? One such system is the Tele Zapper TZ 900, sold on Amazon.com for $29.00. The system uses that which appears to be the same or similar three tone system which phone service companies use to identify and alert callers to unlisted / canceled / unused numbers.

• The paragraph above is more editorial than it is specific complaint and request for aid/action. The FCC isn't going to respond to this with anything that will suit you.
  • If you must discuss/mention the Tele Zapper product, be sure to have tried it and to have determined objectively whether it is something implementable on the scale it'd need to be in order to achieve the specific outcome you desire from the FCC. If it will not, do not mention it.
Red:
You already have the answer to this question. Telecom service providers are under no obligation to do so, which means if they were to implement it, it'd be voluntarily done. The FCC isn't going to have a different view of that. If you want the FCC to define a regulation that makes it mandatory for telecom service providers to implement such a tool/feature, you need to, as I said, specifically ask for that. You have not done so.

Why must a subscriber be forced to purchase a product which is already in use or a similar product? Not only is this simply bad business in my opinion but in of of itself, abuse. It is time for service, complete service, to be put back into “service”.

Opinion, not request for action. The FCC may answer the question above, but more likely they are going to see it as a rhetorical question, which as it stands now, is what it is.

That any firm offering services or goods is free of liability for that service or goods is a thing of the past, as we see in court settlements daily. That standard is not of my doing but rather society in general.

If you are going to refer to what is or is not a matter of law, you'll need more rigor than what you've provided. Citing specific rules and cases is necessary. What you've done with the two sentences here is merely opine on what you see as the role of the current laws governing telecom service providers, but you have not substantially supported a position demonstrating that any of those laws or rules (1) apply to the matter of fraudulent debt collectors, or (2) that they establish a burden such as they one claim exists on the service providers, or (3) that the burden, even if it exists, exists in the nature and to the extent you've suggested.

My intent in writing this letter is to provide some thought on this unjust matter

This is the statement that identifies what your intent is by writing the letter. By writing and sending the letter, you have done what you intended to do. Goal accomplished. I doubt the FCC will do more than send you a letter in reply that essentially says, "Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Have a nice day."

I can tell you now that were I the administrator who got your letter, I'd respond to you in exactly that way. Why wouldn't I? You've clearly stated why you wrote and sent the letter and it calls for me to do nothing. Frankly, I'd consider even replying with a "thank you" note more than I truly need to do, but I would just to establish a record that I didn't outright ignore the fact that you shared your thoughts with me. Truly, I'm not even certain, were I an FCC administrator, I'd put as much thought into the matter as I have here in this forum.

Are you saying the "KISS" principle is not recommended when dealing when the Govt, or are you saying use an austere version of the "KISS" principle?

I'm saying neither of those things. I'm saying that you need to be clear, cogent and precise.

As goes the KISS principle, I think far too many folks think that keeping it simple is the same thing as presenting their ideas as might a simpleton. I assure you that is not the aim of "KISS." The aim of the principle is to keep that which is simple, simple; it is not to oversimplify that which isn't simple to begin with.

I have decided to avoid the Government totally and and to go first to the Wireless Association, only

That's fine. You have to start somewhere. You realize, I hope, that the Wireless Association of America is an organization that exists to support the interests of the wireless industry, not consumer interests, right? I seriously doubt you'll find a sympathetic ear there.

Are you saying the "KISS" principle is not recommended when dealing when the Govt, or are you saying use an austere version of the "KISS" principle?

I'm saying neither of those things. I'm saying that you need to be clear, cogent and precise.

As goes the KISS principle, I think far too many folks think that keeping it simple is the same thing as presenting their ideas as might a simpleton. I assure you that is not the aim of "KISS." The aim of the principle is to keep that which is simple, simple; it is not to oversimplify that which isn't simple to begin with.

I have decided to avoid the Government totally and and to go first to the Wireless Association, only

That's fine. You have to start somewhere. You realize, I hope, that the Wireless Association of America is an organization that exists to support the interests of the wireless industry, not consumer interests, right? I seriously doubt you'll find a sympathetic ear there.

The "devil is in the details" which with admiration and thought, I find you. That is a compliment of sorts. I hope, unneeded, as I am in your "playpen" and in many ways enjoying it. I also have no interest in chess, at least not the board game.

The "devil is in the details" which with admiration and thought, I find you. That is a compliment of sorts. I hope, unneeded, as I am in your "playpen" and in many ways enjoying it. I also have no interest in chess, at least not the board game.

Thank you for the compliment.

My pleasure. Another of my current challenges is that of caregiver. Time has brought on that requirement and I welcome it. In some ways it shares in my feelings towards those elders who might find themselves victims, of the "street rats". As uphill as things may be and seem, were I to be taken in with such a scheme, it could/would devastating. A blow of that nature could well be the straw which breaks the pachyderms back. The very thought, that I allowed myself sucked in would in itself be very harmful to my own image. For that reason, at least one reason, my position is and will be, when an officer of the court serves me, at my front door, only then will I become involved and that being assured by competent authority of the validity of the complaint. Some, however, react out of fear and do something foolish. I honestly feel industry has a role in protecting the consumer where possible, Concern for the consumer should not be a comforting thought but rather a desire. When accomplished during initial planning it is not a significant barrier but rather a part of the developmental costs and resultant consumer cost. Simply put, it is recoverable.
I must stop for now as I spend far to much time justifying and not enough assisting. I am confident you understand, professor. True or not, that is how I view yourself. One of those guys.It was just noted on CBS news that 60 Minutes chief editor, Phillip Scheefler (?) has passed away.They showed a clip of him picking apart a statement to be used during the presentation of a report. Made me think of, unh, well, YOU! regards

Last edited:

My pleasure. Another of my current challenges is that of caregiver. Time has brought on that requirement and I welcome it. In some ways it shares in my feelings towards those elders who might find themselves victims, of the "street rats". As uphill as things may be and seem, were I to be taken in with such a scheme, it could/would devastating. A blow of that nature could well be the straw which breaks the pachyderms back. The very thought, that I allowed myself sucked in would in itself be very harmful to my own image. For that reason, at least one reason, my position is and will be, when an officer of the court serves me, at my front door, only then will I become involved and that being assured by competent authority of the validity of the complaint. Some, however, react out of fear and do something foolish. I honestly feel industry has a role in protecting the consumer where possible, Concern for the consumer should not be a comforting thought but rather a desire. When accomplished during initial planning it is not a significant barrier but rather a part of the developmental costs and resultant consumer cost. Simply put, it is recoverable.
I must stop for now as I spend far to much time justifying and not enough assisting. I am confident you understand, professor. True or not, that is how I view yourself. One of those guys.It was just noted on CBS news that 60 Minutes chief editor, Phillip Scheefler (?) has passed away.They showed a clip of him picking apart a statement to be used during the presentation of a report. Made me think of, unh, well, YOU! regards

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Added today 4/8/16 IRS scam costing victims $15 million - CNN.com

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well, now you know the high level status of the federal government's actions on the matter. "The Federal Trade Commission, which goes after scammers like these from a civil standpoint, and the Treasury Department, which leads the criminal probe, both have open investigations."

What was that you said about the government doing nothing?

Well, now you know the high level status of the federal government's actions on the matter. "The Federal Trade Commission, which goes after scammers like these from a civil standpoint, and the Treasury Department, which leads the criminal probe, both have open investigations."

What was that you said about the government doing nothing?

How is the weather in Washington? I do not mind a bit of crow every now and then. My apologies to the Govt, telecommunications folks and and all else involved to include myself. The next time I am in your village I shall flail myself in front of the Washington Monument. Will that suffice? You must admit, I did send the info to you. Ignorant perhaps, cowardly, not! As for your Presidential Qual question, you forgot "Slick" as in "Slick Willie". No comment on anything else you may have asked. Keep up the "good", (an open term) work. (15M) is a rather large sum, I hope you agree to that CNN fact! And that was as of a year ago! Surprised you were not aware? DD

How is the weather in Washington?

I can't say firsthand, for I'm not there at the moment, but I'm told it's been freaky cold and is going to, for the next few days, remain uncommonly so for this time of year.

The next time I am in your village I shall flail myself in front of the Washington Monument. Will that suffice?

LOL. It'd more likely get you arrested. I don't want that to happen to you, so please don't do it.

You must admit, I did send the info to you.

I admit you did.

(15M) is a rather large sum

It to me personally.

that CNN fact! And that was as of a year ago! Surprised you were not aware?

I don't catch everything in the news, not even close to everything. LOL

How is the weather in Washington?

I can't say firsthand, for I'm not there at the moment, but I'm told it's been freaky cold and is going to, for the next few days, remain uncommonly so for this time of year.

The next time I am in your village I shall flail myself in front of the Washington Monument. Will that suffice?

LOL. It'd more likely get you arrested. I don't want that to happen to you, so please don't do it.

You must admit, I did send the info to you.

I admit you did.

(15M) is a rather large sum

It to me personally.

that CNN fact! And that was as of a year ago! Surprised you were not aware?

I don't catch everything in the news, not even close to everything. LOL

Drop by and say hello every now and then and I shall do the same. I enjoy your company. Peace be with you. DD

IRS never phones,every one should know that.
Why would you even consider that statement true? Who is "every one" anyhow? There are folks who have no knowledge of their birth date, are they included? How about the autistic, are they a part of every one? Do you generalize much? If there is anything I know, now, it is general statements generally stink when you have a point to make. Try rewording your thought and be specific. Here is a tip, go to the beginning of this thread and see how big of an ass I was, and I was!

Forum List

Back