CDZ Telephone companies allow open fraud and abuse!

I amso IR

"Well Yea, Duh"!
Jul 11, 2015
Today I received another threat involving my being sued, over the telephone. I am aware that if one is being sued, they do not receive a call, from a distant area code with an ID of "line not in use". However that is not my complaint. My complaint is, why do communications companies, rolling in money and desiring my patronage, allow this to happen? They know who is doing these acts and where the calls originate from and yet claim they are helpless to stop the calls. It seems to me that todays computers should be able to keep track of these calls and stop them. I am certain there are many program formulating businesses and individuals who have the ability to write the programs to do exactly that. Why then, has it not been done? As I stated, I ignore the calls as often as possible. If someone wants to sue me, have a court appointed officer serve me or send me a registered letter outlining the problem. Other wise, kiss my Alpha Sierra Sierra! But again, I stray! What are the communications compianes afraid of, that they stick their collective heads in the sand and cross their legs at the same time? Where are the customer service representative folks within these companies? I personally would love to have a button, on my phone, that would send a horrifying loud trans mission back to the sender which would melt the equipment on their end of the phone. There must be some thing in the world of electronics which would cause the sender the discomfort we as call receivers feel upon receiving a crank call! Would someone help me out? And please, don't tell me to contact my carrier as they are more difficult to contact than the criminal. Qwest put's a customer through more hoops than the offender. If the FBI can crack the Apple I Phone then a call from the Caribbean should be a piece of cake. What say you? One point, stay on topic. This post is about the phone companies refusal to intercept crank calls, nothing else!

Last edited:
I had 3 in one morning earlier this week.

'Officer' from the IRS stated I was going to be sued, and if I didn't call the number back, he would have to send the paperwork to the courthouse.

Looked up the number, and couldnt' figure out why an IRS office in Florida was worried about someone living in the New England area.

• Banned
Thank you for staying on TOPIC! What does that response have to do with fraud calls? Please enlighten me, ok?

You didn't understand it?

The calls from the 'IRS' were a scam.

If you want the scam IRS calls after your money to go away, simply make sure you collect as much money from your employer so that you pay a few dollars to the IRS at tax season.

The douche bags will not go after people who do not get large tax refunds.

If you want the scam IRS calls after your money to go away, simply make sure you collect as much money from your employer so that you pay a few dollars to the IRS at tax season.

I don't get large tax refunds.

This year, got back less than $1000

Then they are now into robo switch boards.

• Banned

Then they are now into robo switch boards.

Hi Jake, I have not received a refund in years. So that does not work either. I hate saying this, but I do read your responses. It simply seems a shame that AT&T can communicate with vehicles light yars away from home but cannot seem to control calls a couple thousand miles away and I maintain they do not want to. I suppose that is my most frustrating point unless we consider staying on topic while on USMB. The one thing I appreciate about you is that you normally do stay on topic and have the patience to deal with those who do not.

You didn't understand it?

The calls from the 'IRS' were a scam.
If that is the case, then why did you state the caller was from the IRS in Florida? I am reading that as you knew or traced the number to Florida. Reread your post and perhaps you will understand. To me you were saying you received a call from Florida and were asking why since you live in the North East. What am I missing here Will?

Hell I get the same IRS scammers along with scamming credit collection calls..I know I don't owe so I don't worry about it...

Hell I get the same IRS scammers along with scamming credit collection calls..I know I don't owe so I don't worry about it...
Again, it is not a question of ignoring unless you mean the communications company. My question is "why don't the communications do something about it"? They are the tech guys, not you and I. You can bet, were you or I bugging them, they would do something! Maybe my post is over you're heads?

Again, it is not a question of ignoring unless you mean the communications company. My question is "why don't the communications do something about it"? They are the tech guys, not you and I. You can bet, were you or I bugging them, they would do something! Maybe my post is over you're heads?
Everyone understands your question. I'm a crotchety old fart myself but I don't go haywire at the small stuff.

Hoss, believe me I understand the point. I simply feel that a company, in the service industry should try and serve. Based on the responses up to this point, I am the odd man out! Too bad, as I was hoping for an interesting conversation on ideas and opinions. My bad! Plus I am only 76, a kid. Again, my bad. See you around. :beer:

Today I received another threat involving my being sued, over the telephone. I am aware that if one is being sued, they do not receive a call, from a distant area code with an ID of "line not in use". However that is not my complaint. My complaint is, why do communications companies, rolling in money and desiring my patronage, allow this to happen? They know who is doing these acts and where the calls originate from and yet claim they are helpless to stop the calls. It seems to me that todays computers should be able to keep track of these calls and stop them. I am certain there are many program formulating businesses and individuals who have the ability to write the programs to do exactly that. Why then, has it not been done? As I stated, I ignore the calls as often as possible. If someone wants to sue me, have a court appointed officer serve me or send me a registered letter outlining the problem. Other wise, kiss my Alpha Sierra Sierra! But again, I stray! What are the communications compianes afraid of, that they stick their collective heads in the sand and cross their legs at the same time? Where are the customer service representative folks within these companies? I personally would love to have a button, on my phone, that would send a horrifying loud trans mission back to the sender which would melt the equipment on their end of the phone. There must be some thing in the world of electronics which would cause the sender the discomfort we as call receivers feel upon receiving a crank call! Would someone help me out? And please, don't tell me to contact my carrier as they are more difficult to contact than the criminal. Qwest put's a customer through more hoops than the offender. If the FBI can crack the Apple I Phone then a call from the Caribbean should be a piece of cake. What say you? One point, stay on topic. This post is about the phone companies refusal to intercept crank calls, nothing else!

Why is it the job of the Telephone company, to stop a call? Someone is paying money to have telephone service. You are paying money to have telephone service. Both you and the other party, are getting the service you are paying for.

At what point, do you think it's the telephone companies job to prevent a paying customer from calling another paying customer?

Why is it the job of the Telephone company, to stop a call? Someone is paying money to have telephone service. You are paying money to have telephone service. Both you and the other party, are getting the service you are paying for.

At what point, do you think it's the telephone companies job to prevent a paying customer from calling another paying customer?
Fraud calls are a Federal violation of Interstate Commerce..

Hoss, believe me I understand the point. I simply feel that a company, in the service industry should try and serve. Based on the responses up to this point, I am the odd man out! Too bad, as I was hoping for an interesting conversation on ideas and opinions. My bad! Plus I am only 76, a kid. Again, my bad. See you around. :beer:
The phone company should investigate your complaint. They have the means to trace the calls. I get calls that are listed as "Private Caller" or "Unknown Caller" and I know they can be traced.

Of course, how about the point of a bartender being liable for the drunk? After all it is simply a bar providing a service to a paying customer. We don't want a little thing like an older person getting fleeced by another person getting in the way, do we, Christian?

The phone company should investigate your complaint. They have the means to trace the calls. I get calls that are listed as "Private Caller" or "Unknown Caller" and I know they can be traced.

Yes you are correct. And were enough folks to complain, that is other than the thousands who have done so, and were the fraud load as high as Chicago weekend killings, perhaps. I know the responses, my question implies what do we, as subscribers, have to do to stop the thieves? It is obvious from Andylusion's response, above, it is simply business as usual. A local TV station, KKTV, spends a lot of time discussing this problem with subscribers, to the broadcast, I wonder why that is? Oh right, people are being hurt, financially. Oh well, we have bigger fish to fry, right? Crime is crime and heaven help that those who purveyor's of that crime should be involved in the required fix. After all, a thieving business is paying for a service, right Andylusion?

This thread is closed! I am not going away mad, simply closing shop. Bye Bye all.:night:

Forum List

Back