Would you fight for your country?

• Yes

• No

• Depends

Results are only viewable after voting.

alpine

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
A global survey from WIN/Gallup International, the world’s leading association in market research and polling shows that 61% of those polled across 64 countries would be willing to fight for their country, while 27% would not.

2.jpg

WIN/Gallup International’s global survey shows three in five willing to fight for their country

US only at 44% !

Well, at least better than UK, France Germany, Spain...

1.jpg

It seems to me to be a measure of the trust people have in their governments, rather than their willingness to defend their homes. In the US hyper-partisanship masks people's true patriotism. Half the country regards the president, whoever it is, as illegitimate. I think If the country were truly threatened though, these people would be willing to meet the call.

It seems to me to be a measure of the trust people have in their governments, rather than their willingness to defend their homes. In the US hyper-partisanship masks people's true patriotism. Half the country regards the president, whoever it is, as illegitimate. I think If the country were truly threatened though, these people would be willing to meet the call.

So Mexicans trust their government more than Americans?

I voted no, had to.

I've already served 20+ years in the military, and at the age 66, and suffering from COPD, I'd be more a hinderance than a help.

Up to 30 years ago, yes.

But the question is not: "can you fight"

Question is: "are you willing to fight"

So, your vote should have been counted as "yes" imo...

interesting! What people in Japan think? How do they explain their unwillingness?

A global survey from WIN/Gallup International, the world’s leading association in market research and polling shows that 61% of those polled across 64 countries would be willing to fight for their country, while 27% would not.

2.jpg

WIN/Gallup International’s global survey shows three in five willing to fight for their country

US only at 44% !

Well, at least better than UK, France Germany, Spain...

1.jpg
After the mess the GOP pulled getting us into Iraq, people are just more skeptical right about now.

It would have to be a just war
WWII was the last just war we fought in all the rest since then have been naught but games of brinkmanship played by our politicians

If you want to understand America you have to go to metaphor. In this video, and you have to remove it from context in the movie, Oddball plays the Democrat, Whiskey plays the Republican, Homer is the Libertarian, Moe is the Jew, and the rest of the crews are the Muslims, Hispanics, and everyone else in the country. This is what it looks like when we really are threatened and have to fight a real war of survival for the nation.

Maybe off topic but...at the top of this singular board, this VERY thread? An ad for Muslim singles. At the bottom? Stuff like a firearms quiz, and a blurb about Donald Trump. Wow. Exactly WHO are these people trying to connect with? Muslim Trump supporter Gun activists?

So Mexicans trust their government more than Americans?
Wouldn't you? In matters of war at least. I can't think of the last time Mexico was involved in a war of conquest or profit. I think people would be willing to defend their homes and families, but not corporate profits or local hegemonies

Maybe off topic but...at the top of this singular board, this VERY thread? An ad for Muslim singles. At the bottom? Stuff like a firearms quiz, and a blurb about Donald Trump. Wow. Exactly WHO are these people trying to connect with? Muslim Trump supporter Gun activists?
Wow. Exactly WHO are these people trying to connect with?

You. It's called personalized retargeting I believe. Spend any time on right wing web sites? That would explain it.

You. It's called personalized retargeting I believe. Spend any time on right wing web sites? That would explain it.
I browse around , and yes, I understand someone out there is watching. I just found it conflicting from my overall standpoint, and conflicting with the point of this thread. AND just ironic in a twilight zone way. Don't you? BTW, the adds I am now getting are about sleep loss clinics, learning a new language and the new I phone7 , none of which have I interested in nor browsed their web sites, so?

I browse around , and yes, I understand someone out there is watching. I just found it conflicting from my overall standpoint, and conflicting with the point of this thread. AND just ironic in a twilight zone way. Don't you? BTW, the adds I am now getting are about sleep loss clinics, learning a new language and the new I phone7 , none of which have I interested in nor browsed their web sites, so?
I just found it conflicting from my overall standpoint, and conflicting with the point of this thread. AND just ironic in a twilight zone way. Don't you?

No, but I have to admit that I'm not entirely sure what the point of this thread is.

Funny.

I get a Tire Rack ad at the top and the bottom features Bi sexual celebrities. Celebrities without make up.
Gold diggers and an insane flashlight that might last a week.

My apologies to the OP. I would fight for my Country in the defense of this continent. Fight unecessary wars with our hands tied and questionable rules of engagement? No.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back