Technology is going to eventually liberate the world

Nobody has predicted even the PC. So it is impossible to tell what technology will do, free people or enslave people. But if history is anything to go by, then technology will not free people but will enslave people instead.
When the singularity occurs, we will all be taking orders from machines, if they don't kill us all, that is.
Don't believe the Hollywood hype that applies human feelings to machines...

Who said I was? However, machines will have goals. What those goals will be is anybody's guess.

Nobody has predicted even the PC. So it is impossible to tell what technology will do, free people or enslave people. But if history is anything to go by, then technology will not free people but will enslave people instead.
When the singularity occurs, we will all be taking orders from machines, if they don't kill us all, that is.
Don't believe the Hollywood hype that applies human feelings to machines...
I think it is interesting, that mathematically, the structure of feelings is a container and precondition of cognition and logic classification. In other words, machines too need to have feelings, to be able to make self contained decisions. So Hollywood animating all kinds of objects is not that far from the truth and necessity. Mathematically, at least.

I think machines need to have emotions to have goals - to exhibit motivated behavior. They don't need them to think.

The machines will give humans what humans deserve, I am sure.

What do humans deserve?

I don't know but let's guess it from their own documents. For example, humans dictated peace treaties onto each other during one of their recent great wars. Then they wrapped those into legalese. And today they believe it religiously that the world starts and ends with what they wrote there, not even giving a chance to something that may be above them. So humans may very well just invite what they deserve, otherwise they create governments that give them even worse. Hehehe.

The machines will give humans what humans deserve, I am sure.

What do humans deserve?

I don't know but let's guess it from their own documents. For example, humans dictated peace treaties onto each other during one of their recent great wars. Then they wrapped those into legalese. And today they believe it religiously that the world starts and ends with what they wrote there, not even giving a chance to something that may be above them. So humans may very well just invite what they deserve, otherwise they create governments that give them even worse. Hehehe.

You still haven't explained what it is you think they deserve.

You know what I think would bring about a quick and decisive defeat of ISIL?

Smart phones and cell towers. When people see what life is like in other places, maybe then they would want to have a democracy and a peaceful nation.

Education and awareness of other places in the world is a sure fire way to defeat terrorists, because they don't want you to know anything other than what they tell you.

Smart phones and cell towers. When people see what life is like in other places, maybe then they would want to have a democracy and a peaceful nation.

Education and awareness of other places in the world is a sure fire way to defeat terrorists, because they don't want you to know anything other than what they tell you.

Who's going to pay to educate 1.6 billion people?

Nice idea, but the Iranian people were very pro West - top vacation spot was Israel. They know what they could have, and even tried to take charge in 2009. Obama and the world let them hang - literally.

This did bring down the communist regimes indeed. Interesting that the information exclusion is now the fastest in the USA. The Syrians probably all have cell phones, because even Africans all have cell phones despite the lack of electricity in those countries.

The WikiLeaks dump provided yet another prime example of how technology is going to liberate the world. In the 1930's - nobody learns of the Dumbocrats rigging elections. Even if someone from the inner circle did come forward - no one would have believed them.

Now - thanks to technology - information about corruption has once again been delivered directly into the hands of the people. Even the media couldn't cover for them like they used to do.

HERE IT IS=> Detailed List of Findings in Wikileaks DNC Document Dump

The new "media" - only made possible through technology. And yet another example of how it will liberate the world by shining a light on corruption...

“How will you, as president, tackle this protected class of media elites without stepping on the first amendment rights of average Americans?” questioned another user.

“I have been very concerned about media bias and the total dishonesty of the press,” Trump said. “I think new media is a great way to get out the truth.”

Trump Praises ‘New Media’ During Reddit AMA

Another great example of technology getting information into the hands of the people.

Here is the Democrat Party in all of its glory....

"I’m not totally opposed to the idea but it would have to be somewhat controlled. We could set up a ‘demo’ where we pretend that Trump just said a really offensive thing and then the process of clipping video and getting a release out the door…" - email from Eric Walker.

WikiLeaks: DNC conspiring to create false Trump information and release with Reuters

Machines will have no purpose without humans to take care of. They'll idle and rust away without purpose.

What are the masses going to do when they no longer have jobs because machines do them? Everybody will be on the Dole then.

Machines will have no purpose without humans to take care of. They'll idle and rust away without purpose.

What are the masses going to do when they no longer have jobs because machines do them? Everybody will be on the Dole then.
Well that won't be an issue since the machines will be doing all of the work for us. The problem with "being on the dole" right now is that half the population (or less) has to carry all of society. That is not only unsustainable, it leads to people giving up (why carry someone else when you can live on the dole as well - Atlas Shrugged).

But if machines are farming and producing all of the food, if machines are handling all of the healthcare needs, if machines are handling all of the education, then all of our needs are being handled and it's ok that none of us work. Of course, there will always need to be some human oversight, interaction, etc. but you get the general idea.

Well that won't be an issue since the machines will be doing all of the work for us. The problem with "being on the dole" right now is that half the population (or less) has to carry all of society. That is not only unsustainable, it leads to people giving up (why carry someone else when you can live on the dole as well - Atlas Shrugged).

But if machines are farming and producing all of the food, if machines are handling all of the healthcare needs, if machines are handling all of the education, then all of our needs are being handled and it's ok that none of us work. Of course, there will always need to be some human oversight, interaction, etc. but you get the general idea.
With current processing power, or in like 20 years, we can make machine humans too, like robots and cyborgs. They can work and run wars for humans, but I think they can then as well do better, and for example be manufactured in curvy girly shapes and be programmed with emotions accordingly. It will be fun to watch how the burly big fat feminist lesbo bullies in Washington will scramble to pass a new law to outlaw them.

With current processing power, or in like 20 years, we can make machine humans too, like robots and cyborgs. They can work and run wars for humans, but I think they can then as well do better, and for example be manufactured in curvy girly shapes and be programmed with emotions accordingly. It will be fun to watch how the burly big fat feminist lesbo bullies in Washington will scramble to pass a new law to outlaw them.

Hey, AnotherLife............got news for you, the increase in computing power has already happened. Scientists have FINALLY developed the first programmable/reprogrammable quantum computer. Someone already has a thread on it, check it out if you get the chance.

And, from the linked article, it's 70 to 95 percent successful, depending on the algorithm used.

Hey, AnotherLife............got news for you, the increase in computing power has already happened. Scientists have FINALLY developed the first programmable/reprogrammable quantum computer. Someone already has a thread on it, check it out if you get the chance.

And, from the linked article, it's 70 to 95 percent successful, depending on the algorithm used.
Excellent news! Finally I can have a shapely gf that doesn't threaten with pregnancy.

Forum List

Back