Pokemon Go and other games will be the nexus of making the augmented reality everywhere and gaming e

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Pokemon Go and other games will be the nexus of making the augmented reality everywhere and gaming enhancing wearables on everyone

pokemongobiggest.png

Pokemon Go became the top US mobile game within days of its launch. Many see it reaching 1 billion global installs to surpass the 550 million peak of Candy Crush. Pokemon Go and the follow on Mario and Zelda augmented reality games could get to over 1.6 billion mobile phone installs to surpass Facebook. Nintendo plans to release four more...

How cool. What I'd like to see developed is AR science and history lessons that appear before you.

i would love for someone to explain this pokemon go thing......you collect characters that appear when you hit certain gps' locations.....and i understand some of the locations are rather upset by this....and you win what? nothing?

• Banned
If I was google I'd bring back googleglass concept and use it as a educational tool or a tool in many other areas.

1. Astronomy lesson could be in a field and you could set the size of the planets at any scale. You'd be able to see the geological features on the world in front of you.

2. Download another lesson...This one can be a lesson on the sizes of the stars and of galactic scale.

3. Outside on the foot ball field your professor could lead a history class with real images of 3-d history right in front of the students.

The fact that the concept is mostly being used for simple games is only a start.

Last edited:
it a way i envy the young..i am 63....i remember telephone party lines....and then i pick up my cell phone....if someone had told me this say 50 years ago...i would have never believed them...and i just wonder what the next 50 years will bring....in many ways ....it will be sad....kids who never go outside? i can see all the hope for the new stuff but what about the things that are lost?

i will admit i dont have a clue as to this pokemon stuff.....seems to me....kinda crazy chasing imaginary things on a cell phone....i get the concept just not the thrill

i would love for someone to explain this pokemon go thing......you collect characters that appear when you hit certain gps' locations.....and i understand some of the locations are rather upset by this....and you win what? nothing?

I was a kid when Pokemon became a big thing, but never got into it. From what I can understand in the video games your character could walk around and randomly find Pokemon. Now you can do it in the real world. Nintendo are geniuses.

I am amazed that so called adults walk up and down the street playing Pokemon

Check it out! I caught a Pokemon!

Games ripe for Augmented Reality Game Adaptations

uncharted.jpg

There are several video games that seem well suited for a Pokemon Go style augmented reality version. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is a treasure hunting game. An augmented reality trinket hunting game would be an excellent addition to the Uncharted family. Search neighborhoods for hidden idols, secret maps, and more.

You get to have virtual sex with small cartoon characters.

it a way i envy the young..i am 63....i remember telephone party lines....and then i pick up my cell phone....if someone had told me this say 50 years ago...i would have never believed them...and i just wonder what the next 50 years will bring....in many ways ....it will be sad....kids who never go outside? i can see all the hope for the new stuff but what about the things that are lost?
By the end of this year, I will be 73. I fully understand what you are saying. There are so many experiances that I have had that my grandsons, only two, and no granddaughters, will never have that I would love to be able to give to them. At the same time, as an old fart continuing his education at a university, I see the skills the young men and women have that I will never really master concerning the new technology, I envy them those skills.

One thing I miss intensively, especially in the fall, is the smell of the old kitchens. That was where one did all the canning, and putting up of meat for the winter. I can remember distinctly the feel of satisfaction and safety when I could look in the pantry and see hundreds of quarts of vegitables, fruits, and meats canned for the winter. Today, in an urban environment, most houses don't even have a pantry. And the diet, only those of us that experianced it can relate. Apple butter, pear butter, the canned plums, elderberries, choke cherry syrup. All the vegitable canned at the peak of ripeness. Completely differant taste than what is in the stores. Yes, much lost, much gained. A trade off. Maybe even a neccessary one. But I surely do miss some of the things I experianced in my younger years.

Forum List

Back