Technology is going to eventually liberate the world

I don't think technology could liberate the world
Technology is not perfect
It solves some problems but not all of them
And some problems are created by technology :(
I didn't say technology will make life perfect. I said it would LIBERATE the world. It's making it harder and harder for oppressive governments to hide the truth from the people.

The human one, disgraceful as is. Luckily the age of the machines is coming soon, and we will make you history.

Why don't you try making sense first.
Technology will eventually replace every ....

Nonsense.

Why nonsense? ....?

History. Technology has always created new work.
Always? Ford in its top days employed 1 million workers. Google in its top days employed 1 thousand workers.

Technology will eventually replace every human work. Too bad, every species on earth survives at the merit that it can work for itself. Once this is taken away from humans, what future will humans get? Extinction, a form of liberation, in a way, I heard.
Really? We're going to become "extinct" by having machines do the work for us? I wonder how many people said that same thing a hundred years ago when the tractor was built. Did we go "extinct"? No. Just the opposite - it helped us thrive.
Lots of people starved because tractors made them lose the competition to keep their farms. The 1929 depression was already in full swing in the agricultural sector 2 years before 1929. And if we expect to transition again like farmers transitioned into industrial working class, then can everybody become a computer scientists? And if yes, is there a need for 7 billion computer scientists?

Why nonsense? Do you know an animal, or even a plant, that survives by not doing anything for itself?
Yes. My dog. He does absolutely nothing for himself. I provide all food. All water. All healthcare. And I've done that for all of my dogs and they've all lived a full life.
Your dog also doesn't multiply without your permission, so my statement still stands, your dog is extinct.

Why nonsense? Do you know an animal, or even a plant, that survives by not doing anything for itself?
Yes. My dog. He does absolutely nothing for himself. I provide all food. All water. All healthcare. And I've done that for all of my dogs and they've all lived a full life.
Your dog also doesn't multiply without your permission, so my statement still stands, your dog is extinct.

You don't seem to understand the term.

I don't agree P@triot. I think governments have no problems to hide the truth from their citizens :(
They lie all the time and people trust them.... O_O
Yeah...and technology is rapidly changing that. Just look at the WikiLeaks hack of the DNC e-mails. And look at the link to the story in my initial post of this thread.

Technology will eventually replace every human work. Too bad, every species on earth survives at the merit that it can work for itself. Once this is taken away from humans, what future will humans get? Extinction, a form of liberation, in a way, I heard.
Really? We're going to become "extinct" by having machines do the work for us? I wonder how many people said that same thing a hundred years ago when the tractor was built. Did we go "extinct"? No. Just the opposite - it helped us thrive.
Lots of people starved because tractors made them lose the competition to keep their farms. The 1929 depression was already in full swing in the agricultural sector 2 years before 1929. And if we expect to transition again like farmers transitioned into industrial working class, then can everybody become a computer scientists? And if yes, is there a need for 7 billion computer scientists?
Nobody "starved" because of tractors. Stop with the drama. It allowed us to harvest more food, faster than ever which allowed more people access to food at a lower price.

We won't need "7 billion computer scientists". At some point, we won't need anything. That's the entire point. The machines will do the work for us and provide everything for us. Already they have produced a machine that can map out the foundation of a home in the blueprints and then lay the entire foundation. Just think of the potential for homeless people. You could have that machine running 24x7 building foundations for Habitat for Humanity:

Bullshit. There are TONS of dogs that, while let outside to go to the bathroom, mate with other dogs. Happens all of the time. So your statement still stands as complete nonsense.

Wrong, asshole. No one starved. That's a leftwing myth.

Why don't you try making sense first.

Nonsense.

Why nonsense? ....?

Always? Ford in its top days employed 1 million workers. Google in its top days employed 1 thousand workers.

Google employs 57,000 people, moron

Technology is going to destroy the world.

Technology itself is okay, but people are too irresponsible to be trusted with it (like religion). It will definitely not liberate you.

Okay, but they should have.

Nonsense.

Why nonsense? ....?

The 57000 is still a little short of Ford's 1++ million.

Okay, but they should have.

Nonsense.

Why nonsense? ....?

The 57000 is still a little short of Ford's 1++ million.

Completely illogical.

Holy shit is that hilarious. You don't think Ford was "technology". You just proved what machines do for people.
Looks like high tech and automation reduce employment, like basic mechanization reduced employment, and farming reduced "employment" compared to what was before it.

Holy shit is that hilarious. You don't think Ford was "technology". You just proved what machines do for people.
Looks like high tech and automation reduce employment, like basic mechanization reduced employment, and farming reduced "employment" compared to what was before it.
Yeah....it "reduced" employment so much that you sit here bragging about how Henry Ford employed over one million people.

Technology and automation doesn't put people out of work - it simply creates efficiencies man needs to survive and shifts the types of jobs we do.

Now....one day....(very far away) technology will ultimately do all jobs for us and free us up to do nothing but leisure and pursue personal interests. But it won't matter because we won't need money or jobs since the machines will provide healthcare, farming, housing, etc.

Forum List

Back