Teacher Suspended for Telling Student "[then] go back to Mexico"

Are we forgetting this was simply a mouthy student disrupting the class instead of raising his hand and politely asking a question? Discipline the student and remind him the proper way of asking a question, then answer the question.

Keep Obama, nationalities and ethnicities out of it! Then you are on dangerous ground!

How do you know, were you there? Stand with fucking Arizona.com? :lol:

Are we forgetting this was simply a mouthy student disrupting the class instead of raising his hand and politely asking a question? Discipline the student and remind him the proper way of asking a question, then answer the question.

Keep Obama, nationalities and ethnicities out of it! Then you are on dangerous ground!

How do you know, were you there? Stand with fucking Arizona.com? :lol:

How in the hell do you get that from my post? The teacher was dealing with a mouthy student just as they come in white, black yellow and brown. Deal with the behavior not the nationality or ethnicity!

I know because the kid kept yelling out. That was in the article. No teacher should condone such behavior.

Geez! I don't care what he was saying...He could have been saying, "Paint me blue and call me babe!" The fact was, he was yelling out and disrupting the class...you know the place to learn? (Or maybe in your case, to nap?)

Last edited:
Texas? The kid probably thought he was in Mexico...

SBmap648.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

Means nothing. Even if we gave them that land, they'd still pour in and go whereever they please. We have a problem here in the midwest.

Obama and Calderon got together to push welfare among illegal aliens. Calderon thinks we should roll out the red carpet, which is what Obama is doing, yet don't get caught sneaking into Mexico or you may never be heard from again.

Do you think that being rude and making unreasonable demands will endear them to the American people?

I totally side with the teacher in this case. The kid seems to think that the school, maybe even the country, should bend over backwards to accomodate him. He wanted forms in Spanish and kept shouting that he is Mexican, so the teacher finally responded to his rude demands by saying "Then go back to Mexico." Where does this kid, or any kid, get off treating a teacher with such disrespect? It's bull that this teacher might lose her job for echoing a sentiment many have.

This is America. If the kid was born here, he should know some English. Of course, illegals often can't teach their kids English before making them a problem for the teachers. I know we offer welfare forms and every other form in other languages, which is ridiculous because legal immigrants usually learn our language.

The kid should have been sent to the principal's office for being so mouthy, instead the teacher is in trouble because she was politically incorrect.

Texas Teacher Suspended for Telling Student: ‘Go Back to Mexico’ | Stand With Arizona

I am 100% on the teacher's side. In other contexts it would be a very insensitive comment but it sounds to me like the asshat student was simply pushing the teacher's buttons. He should be the one in trouble, the whiny little kid obviously knows enough English to be an ass in English.

I totally side with the teacher in this case. The kid seems to think that the school, maybe even the country, should bend over backwards to accomodate him. He wanted forms in Spanish and kept shouting that he is Mexican, so the teacher finally responded to his rude demands by saying "Then go back to Mexico." Where does this kid, or any kid, get off treating a teacher with such disrespect? It's bull that this teacher might lose her job for echoing a sentiment many have.

This is America. If the kid was born here, he should know some English. Of course, illegals often can't teach their kids English before making them a problem for the teachers. I know we offer welfare forms and every other form in other languages, which is ridiculous because legal immigrants usually learn our language.

The kid should have been sent to the principal's office for being so mouthy, instead the teacher is in trouble because she was politically incorrect.

Texas Teacher Suspended for Telling Student: ‘Go Back to Mexico’ | Stand With Arizona

I am 100% on the teacher's side. In other contexts it would be a very insensitive comment but it sounds to me like the asshat student was simply pushing the teacher's buttons. He should be the one in trouble, the whiny little kid obviously knows enough English to be an ass in English.

You are right on. It's too bad the exemplary teacher was having a bad day. She should have sent the kid out of the room to be disciplined or disciplined him herself for being out of line.

You are right on. It's too bad the exemplary teacher was having a bad day. She should have sent the kid out of the room to be disciplined or disciplined him herself for being out of line.

If he was at the private high school I attended - he'd be doing yard work for several hours after school and would be required to write a lengthy apology to the teacher - and his parents would have grounded him for weeks.

If he had been at the private school my father attended, the teacher would have beaten him and then sent him home to get more beating from his parents.

Gotta love it. The rw's hate teachers. I mean they just despise teachers and are quick to say they should be working for a fraction of what they get now and never have any job security ...

UNTIL

they get a big ole chunk of red meat called ILLEGALS.

All you rw's oughta take a closer look. If you do, you'll see that even teachers can be racist and ugly and cruel and pub/bag.

The teacher was WRONG.

That does NOT mean the student was right but this is not how teachers should be relating to their students.

In fact, the story doesn't tell us enough to know for sure.

We need more info to form an "educated" opinion but, hey, its Texasss, where Thomas Jefferson didn't play much of a role in the forming our country.

Texas? The kid probably thought he was in Mexico...

SBmap648.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

Means nothing. Even if we gave them that land, they'd still pour in and go whereever they please. We have a problem here in the midwest.

Obama and Calderon got together to push welfare among illegal aliens. Calderon thinks we should roll out the red carpet, which is what Obama is doing, yet don't get caught sneaking into Mexico or you may never be heard from again.

Do you think that being rude and making unreasonable demands will endear them to the American people?

In the "mind" (ahem!) of the average rw, might makes right but, in fact, Lakhota makes an excellent point.

Gotta love it. The rw's hate teachers. I mean they just despise teachers and are quick to say they should be working for a fraction of what they get now and never have any job security ...

UNTIL

All you rw's oughta take a closer look. If you do, you'll see that even teachers can be racist and ugly and cruel and pub/bag.

The teacher was WRONG.

That does NOT mean the student was right but this is not how teachers should be relating to their students.

We need more info to form an "educated" opinion but, hey, its Texasss, where Thomas Jefferson didn't play much of a role in the forming our country.

Oh please. The teacher wasn't "wrong". You're holding the teacher to too high a moral standard, they are ordinary people and when you push them they'll explode like anyone else. Ever actually done any teaching? I have. And I was fortunate enough to have college students. Can't count the number of times I had to keep my self from saying some pretty mean things.

UNTIL

The teacher was WRONG.

The atory tells enough. The student was out of line diisrupting the class and the teacher simply should havew reminded him how to ask a question politely before disciplining him for his outburst. Then, when he was quiet and the students were engaged in work, she simply had to tell him that his parents if they could read the form would take care of it or to call the school for help. End of situation.

I totally side with the teacher in this case.

Then you’re as wrong as the teacher

While I don't agree with the teacher, she was responding directly to what the student said. The implication until you get deeper into the story is that she just told a Mexican kid to go back to Mexico, which isn't what happened. While as I said I don't agree with the teacher, given that it was such a direct response to what the kid was saying, just a "don't do that again" would have been enough. But she will be sacrificed in the name of the liberal witch hunt we call "political correctness." Telling people to try to be offended for political advantage is a pathetic strategy, but hey, the Democrats are a pathetic party.

Shit, since it's red state Repug Texass, I'm surprised they didn't drag the kid out and lynch him. And right now it appears that it's you Republicans that are telling people to be offended for political advantage. And third, since when do repugs care about teachers? She's probably in a dreaded union and therefore overpaid and evil.

Then you’re as wrong as the teacher

While I don't agree with the teacher, she was responding directly to what the student said. The implication until you get deeper into the story is that she just told a Mexican kid to go back to Mexico, which isn't what happened. While as I said I don't agree with the teacher, given that it was such a direct response to what the kid was saying, just a "don't do that again" would have been enough. But she will be sacrificed in the name of the liberal witch hunt we call "political correctness." Telling people to try to be offended for political advantage is a pathetic strategy, but hey, the Democrats are a pathetic party.

Shit, since it's red state Repug Texass, I'm surprised they didn't drag the kid out and lynch him. And right now it appears that it's you Republicans that are telling people to be offended for political advantage. And third, since when do repugs care about teachers? She's probably in a dreaded union and therefore overpaid and evil.

As an independent, a conservative, a former teacher and union rep, I am against unions for teachers and think they should have Associations that protect the education of children.

As an independent, a conservative, a former teacher and union rep, I am against unions for teachers and think they should have Associations that protect the education of children.

I know many teachers that are against their union and are upset that they don't even have the choice NOT to join...

I agree that the kid should have been punished for being disruptive, but to me, that still didn't give the teacher the right to say what they said to the kid. In my opinion, that teacher may as well have told a black person to go back to Africa. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

It's pretty unprofessional to let a kid get under your skin like that, but I don't think she needs to be terminated for this. However, in Texas, that sort of thing just isn't going to fly.

I wonder where her teachers union is at? Probably cowering under a desk somewhere ...

Considering the large number of illegal aliens and other immigrants who do not embrace America, how it is possible not to let it get under your skin when you deal with it every freaking day? I can't blame anyone for getting to their limit of the amount of crap they can take. If the kid doesn't want to be American, I am guessing he gets the attitude at home. They sure as hell don't have to be here and we don't owe them squat.
It's called "professionalism." If one cannot handle the challenges one encounters in his line of work, perhaps he should consider a new one.

so every time someone in another profession makes a mistake of a non-serious naiure they should be fired too?

Last edited:
Considering the large number of illegal aliens and other immigrants who do not embrace America, how it is possible not to let it get under your skin when you deal with it every freaking day? I can't blame anyone for getting to their limit of the amount of crap they can take. If the kid doesn't want to be American, I am guessing he gets the attitude at home. They sure as hell don't have to be here and we don't owe them squat.
It's called "professionalism." If one cannot handle the challenges one encounters in his line of work, perhaps he should consider a new one.

so every time someone in another profession makes a mistake of a non-serious naiure they should be fired too?

Higher standards sb. That's why teachers make so much. Oh wait...

NJ teachers just dodged the public humiliation bullet by not making evaluations public. I'm curious how many other professions would consider that acceptable.

I agree that the kid should have been punished for being disruptive, but to me, that still didn't give the teacher the right to say what they said to the kid. In my opinion, that teacher may as well have told a black person to go back to Africa. :( :( :(

Holly

Even if the kid kept yelling "I'm an African!" "I'm an African!" "I'm an African!" ??

Gimme a freaking BREAK!

Holly

Only if the kid kept interrupting her saying "I'm African, I'm African"...

Forum List

Back